Low GPA...admission for masters

Swap4u

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hello guys
Below is my profile
Matric - 86%
Inter - 70%
BSEE - 53% (2.2 Cgpa) (Bachelors in Electrical Engg)
IELTS - 7 bands (L-7 , R-7 , W-6 , S-7)

I know my profile is very low but i really wants to do master in Electrical engineering(Electronics/Power) (any relevant subjects). Doesn't matter the city or province, i just need to get an admission in Canada for higher studies cause i really want to persue my carrier there. So, please guide me about the universities or the ways to get an admission in Canada for masters. I would be really very thankful to you guys.
plz go for college rather than universities

Kavinn

Aug 6, 2019
Please Suggest Some Colleges In Canada To Do My Masters In Computer Science That Accepts 2.0 GPA IN B.E Computer Science And Have 7.0 Score In ielts .With College I Can Apply.

Swap4u

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Please Suggest Some Colleges In Canada To Do My Masters In Computer Science That Accepts 2.0 GPA IN B.E Computer Science And Have 7.0 Score In ielts .With College I Can Apply.
Go for cambrian college,sault college,parkland college,lambton colleeg, andSaskatchewan polytechnic

Aug 19, 2019
Hey Guys,

I have 2.3 GPA.(63% overall , last year 76.5%)
2 years of Infosys work experience.
1 Data analyst Nanodegree by Udacity.
7 ielts

I want to do MS in data science.
Can i get admission in any colleges/universities?

Thanks for help...

Last edited:

naeem999

Aug 20, 2019
Hi,
I have done computer engineering and planning for master in engineering. My percentage in engineering is 55% with 10 years of professional experience as network support engineer. Please recommend me reasonable universities for master in communication or electronics engineering in canada. My ielts score is 7 listening, 6.5 reading, 7 writing, 6.5 speaking.

Sarthak Arora

Aug 24, 2019
Hi
I am a graduate from Thapar University (2014-2018) with final CGPA of 6.43
I have currently 1 year of work experience (5 months in BYJU's as Business development Associate and 7 months+ in "Grail Insights" as "Research Trainee")
I am planning for MIM course from Canada
Counting an above average extra curricular participation in college and my CGPA, work ex, Which colleges could be a better suit for me?

Sep 21, 2019
Hi,

You seem like a Indian student. Here is my piece of advise. Firstly! what is the class mentioned for your GPA? If it is first class then your you have good chances. If your is an upper second class you still some choices in this would be a 56-59%. Any score below 55% is not advisable to apply in Canada you'll not get into even the lowest of low universities.

You need to get a strong SOP and strengthen your profile. Work experience is a great way to do this i notice you have it. You have no chances in research programs you can give a shot at non-research masters or MEng as its called in Canada. PM me if you need more help :)
Hi
This is Venkat here from India, need some Advice for doing masters in canada with low academics could please help me with that?
Can I have ur contact details?
Thank you so much

Nov 3, 2019
I'm from India. What chances I have for M.Sc (Research) in Astronomy in Canada?
No backlogs throughout 10th to M.Sc
10th = 74%
12th = 65% ( including Practicals); 56.6% (Theory only)
B.Sc (Physics) = 63% (Final Year); 59% (Overall)
M.Sc (Physics) = 67% (Final Year); 64% (Overall)
4 months and 15 days of work experience as Assistant Professor of Physics.

Studied in English from the very beginning,
Yet to give IELTS. still expected score around 6.5 - 7 (Overall)

ntheegel

Aug 5, 2019
I have Masters from United States with 3.3 GPA in Mechanical Engineering and Undergraduate from India in Mechanical Engineering around 53%.
In addition, I have 10 years of experience working as a SQL/ Oracle DBA , Data warehouse Analyst, ETL warehouse Developer etc. I am looking for admission into Masters in Computer Science in Canada. Could someone let me know whether they consider my Masters GPA and US Work experience for admission or still do they consider Undergraduate GPA?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have Masters from United States with 3.3 GPA in Mechanical Engineering and Undergraduate from India in Mechanical Engineering around 53%.
In addition, I have 10 years of experience working as a SQL/ Oracle DBA , Data warehouse Analyst, ETL warehouse Developer etc. I am looking for admission into Masters in Computer Science in Canada. Could someone let me know whether they consider my Masters GPA and US Work experience for admission or still do they consider Undergraduate GPA?
Yes, they want to see all transcripts but you should be fine as you have a decent MS GPA plus you have tons of experience.

Mehjabeen Ahmed

Jul 4, 2019
Hi. I am an MBBS with a 2.9 GPA and 3 years of clinical work experience in Pakistan. MY IELTS general score is 8.5. I am interested in Masters in Sciences from any Canadian university, preferably Ontario. The research I have done so far on this topic shows that their minimum requirement is a 3.0. Any advice?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi. I am an MBBS with a 2.9 GPA and 3 years of clinical work experience in Pakistan. MY IELTS general score is 8.5. I am interested in Masters in Sciences from any Canadian university, preferably Ontario. The research I have done so far on this topic shows that their minimum requirement is a 3.0. Any advice?
Apply and see what happens. Best advice anyone can give you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You would also need to show why it would make sense to do a masters degree based on you previous education and work history. As I am sure you have already researched practicing medicine in Canada as an IMG is a difficult process and many never continue practicing. Some specialties will be almost impossible.

Rohit Gadekar

Apr 13, 2020
Hello guys...
I have low percentage in my graduate i.e 54 with many backlogs...
I want to pursue my masters in electrical engineering/operation management...
I have work exp of about 28 months...please suggest me some universities where i can get admission.
Still I am pursuing IELTS and in mock test I got 6.5 band, so I am about to attempt IELTS as soon as possible.
please do help guys...I will be grateful to you...