+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low GPA...admission for masters

nafez.rafee

Dec 12, 2017
Hello there altruists,
I need a favor regarding admission for M.Eng program in Electrical In Windsor University .
B.Sc in EEE,
CGPA: 2.98 (last 2 years it was roughly 3.18) {I had 7 Backlogs}
No Publications or research experience.
IELTS: 6.5 (L-6, R-7, W-6.5, S-7)
I have a job experience in a manufacturing industry around 16 months or so and continuing.
Is this profile is enough to get an admission into Windsor? Should i Apply there?

sonakshi123

Dec 22, 2017
Hi all ,

Below is my profile –
B. Tech.  8.64 CGPA
12th  82.8
10th  91.9
IELTS  7.5 Bands (R – 7.5, S – 7.5, L – 7.5, W – 6.5)

Work Experience – 6 months internship, 19 months in Vodafone India and Nokia India

Certifications – CCNA, Red hat Cloud Computing

Universities Applied for M. Engg. ECE(Fall 2017) –
UBC(in progress)
McMaster University (Rejected)
University of Ottawa(in progress)
University of Windsor(in progress)

I left with 3 Universities now. Can anyone please tell me how much time above universities will take for final decision? And please suggest if require to apply in some other university
hey..did you get acceptance letters from other universities? I'm applying too with cgpa 7.0 and 3 months internship... any idea I'll get through?

sonakshi123

Dec 22, 2017
Hi all,

I'm Ivin My Profile is,

B.Tech Mech. Eng CGPA 6.74 passed with First Class.
GRE Score 306(159 Q, 147V)
TOEFL Score 92
Work experience of 30 months as a Service engineer and Production Engineer.

I have applied for MASc Industrial Engineering in University of Windsor (Fall 17).
So guys what are my chances to get admission there.
hey did you get acceptance from the university? I have a similar profile.

adnanahmad01

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi,

You seem like a Indian student. Here is my piece of advise. Firstly! what is the class mentioned for your GPA? If it is first class then your you have good chances. If your is an upper second class you still some choices in this would be a 56-59%. Any score below 55% is not advisable to apply in Canada you'll not get into even the lowest of low universities.

You need to get a strong SOP and strengthen your profile. Work experience is a great way to do this i notice you have it. You have no chances in research programs you can give a shot at non-research masters or MEng as its called in Canada. PM me if you need more help :)
Hi

I'm looking forward to applying for Master of Engineering-Engineering Management Program in Univ of Ottawa (Fall 2018 term)

My Profile :
B.Tech (Electronics & Instrumentation) : 7.31 GPA out of 10
IELTS : Overall 7.5 (L-8.5,R-7,W-7.5,S-6.5)
Work Experience :- 7.5 years of work experience in Oil and Gas Industry

Let me know how good are my chances for Univ of Ottawa
I'm also thinking of applying to Univ of Alberta. Lemme know about that too

Also suggest any other univ i can apply to for Fall 2018 or else Winter 2019

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018
Hello,
I want to do my Masters in Development Economics in Canada.
Profile: I have a B.sc in Economics & developmental Studies at igbinedion University( private university ).
CGPA: 3.80 (second class upper)
Applied to UNBC ( rejected: reason was because my Academic grade was too low to get admission in their graduate program. ( I called them and they said they evaluated my result using 4.33 scale & it got my 3.80 to 2.80.

Please help with advice because I intend applying to Dalhoise(M.Development Economics ),
TRU(Environmental Economics & Management ).
Lakehead (Economics).

Thanks

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Hey!

Above 70% is definitely a comfortable score to apply with but there are universities that accept scores above 60% or in the close ranges. The truth is each university in Canada has their own grade conversion standards for international students you cannot depend on standard conversions like WES. Example U Manitoba accepts from 55% where as UBC will have a higher requirement. Lot depends on the university reputation and rankings too. Getting a research masters will be always tough if your scores are below 70% cause this needs approval from a faculty and your justification in the area of research. You should also have technical papers published

The bigger question here is are you ready to study in any university that admits you or do you have specific targets? If you are open to any province/university you can make it with a 60%/first class.

Reason why consultancies say 70% is because they want to sell you PG Diploma courses which doesn't give you the career growth you need. I would suggest you to check with Canam consultancy, they do not charge any fees for applications but they have limited university tie ups just a suggestion i do not have any personal experience but this is something my friends advised me. But any day i would say you can apply for canada yourself. If you have the patience and time to read through processes, contact universities.

PS: Meeting the GPAs requirements is not the only criterion there are many other parameters which dictate your admission chances like SOP, research experience etc.
Hello. I am interested in if my GPA is low for bachelor but I had master in abroad and got diploma b also for 10 years experience in translation which I had translated 30 books from English and most of them are Canadian writers and I am also researcher and have a book but also worked in radio liberty as a literature program producer and was a head of several literature projects in mu country do they give me a chance to get my second master for literature? Is this considered a strong profile? My toefl ibt is 95 by the way.

Salman@priya

Feb 27, 2018
Hi,

You seem like a Indian student. Here is my piece of advise. Firstly! what is the class mentioned for your GPA? If it is first class then your you have good chances. If your is an upper second class you still some choices in this would be a 56-59%. Any score below 55% is not advisable to apply in Canada you'll not get into even the lowest of low universities.

You need to get a strong SOP and strengthen your profile. Work experience is a great way to do this i notice you have it. You have no chances in research programs you can give a shot at non-research masters or MEng as its called in Canada. PM me if you need more help :)
Hai ,
My percentage is 63 in b.arch and ielts 7 it possible to pg dip course in Canada
Will I have any issues with visa ?
Please help

Deevoo Sharma

May 4, 2018
Hi all,
Below is my profile:
12th:91%
10th:95%
Economics Honors: 6.92 (First Division)
GRE: 319
IELTS:7.5
Do I have chances to get into some good university in Canada for Masters in Finance?
I am targeting September 2019, so should I work for year or complete my 16th year education, although my 3 year degree is equivalent to 4 year degree.
I am concerned about my CGPA.

Maniyate

Mar 2, 2017
Hi - I am a Mechanical Engg student from India, with 6.81 CGPA and 7 back logs during 4 years course.

Currently I am with Centennial College, Toronto doing 1 year Project Management course.

My IELTS score lowest band is 6.0.

I am keen to go for Masters in any good colleges. Can someone suggest me on this please?

tann10

May 18, 2018
Hello, I am an indian student.
My overall cgpa - 6.9
Cgpa for last two years- 7.7
TOEFL-103 (R-29, L-28,S-26, W-20)
Work experience: Manager in Tata Steel Ltd since last 22 months.
With this profile, is it possible to get in MS admission in Canada?

thuglife

Jun 20, 2018
Hi,

Hello Kartz,
I am planing to apply for a masters program in computer science for Canada.I have graduated from National Institute of Techonology,Calicut ECE(Electronics and Communication)
The computer science related courses in my B.tech,Also I took an extra semester to pass out!
Computer Programming
Computer Organization and Architecture
Computer Networks
Microprocessors and Microcontrollers

my
GPA = 5.55(2nd Class)
IELTS=7.0(L=7.5,W=6.5,R=7.0,S=7.0)
GRE=314
GRE(AWA)=3

I am working in Oil and Gas field for 1 year in Instrumentation department in Kuwait Oil Company

Your advise will be really valuable for me buddy.As i am desperate to study and work in Canada
I want to apply computer science program for masters so that I can get a JOB.I plan to get admitted in Winter session(2019).
Could you help me shortlist any universities in Canada?or Atleast tell me the range or kind of universities i can expect to get