Low GPA...admission for masters

sree_434

Jul 1, 2018
Hi,
10th 9.7
Inter 92.3%
Btech 58%
Ielts 7.0
Can i get admission in best universities of canada. Mention some of universities that could i get admission in those colleges

Tisijola

Jul 20, 2018
GPA: 4.6/7.0 (2.63/4.0) 65.7%
Last two years of study: 4.8/7.0 (2.74/4.0) 68.6%
Agricultural and environmental engineering, looking to pursue a program in environmental engineering.

A lot of schools ask for a grade of 3.0/4.0 or 70%, and university os Saskatchewan even asked for 80% for the last 2 years of study.
Engineering seems to be very competitive.

I put this out there to see if anyone with similar experience has had a successful admission story who can point me in the right direction so I know what schools to channel all my energy. Pls also, is there any course based masters engineering program that runs for 24 months, If thesis or project based masters might seem too difficult to get ‘cause getting a supervisor with low grade is difficult.

Pls all suggestions are welcome, also I’m open to alternatives.

Disha Thakker

Sep 16, 2018
Hello Guys,
I have completed my B.E. in electronics Engineering with overall pointer of 6.5/10 and last two year pointer of 6.89/10.
Along with that my Ielts score is 7 with 6.5 above in all sections. And I m having an experience of 1 year as a software Engineer. Please suggest me universities for masters in EE or ECE and also help me know that my pointer are enough to get me an admit.I am in a real need. HELP ME PLEASE

Oct 9, 2018
Guys please review my profile and tell me whether I am eligible for Canada.
Course i intend to apply is at
1)University of Windsor - M.Eng Industrial co.op
2)University of Manitoba- M.Eng Mechanical
3)St.Mary's - MSc Mechanical Engineering

•Bachlor's in Mechanical Engineering- 6.19 CGPA on a 10 point scale or 56% (Mumbai University)
•Diploma in Mechanical Engineering-
71.47%
•10th Grade- 82% (SSC)

IELTS EXAM- 7.5/9

Published Two papers in International journals
1)Scopus Indexed
2)Thomson Reuters

Have a Work experience of 3 months as "Design & Research intern" in a Core research company

Done 3 Internships, including the above one.
Profiles
1) Project Intern in a HVAC company (1 month)
2) Engineering Trainee (Indian Railways)(1month)

Won National level prize in Technical paper presentation

And Done 3 Projects during my undergrad.

Last edited:

egmox

Oct 12, 2018
Hi,

I have an year back in diploma due to 2 backlogs with 69.99% overall score and 7 backlogs in btech which is all cleared in time with score 67.43%. But I have published a research paper, and participated in many contests and I have many projects including one i worked for delhi government and i am currently working in MNC holding 1+ year of work experience.

Can i apply for any good universities in Canada?

Nov 20, 2018
Hello all,
Looking forward to pursue master in construction management..can any one tell me wheather i am eligible for Canadian universities or not...

My profile is
10th -73%
12th- 60%
B-arch- 5.5gpa (for 5 years bachelor degree)
Internship-1(5 mobths)
IELTS - not given yet

Plzs rply..
Thank you!!

Nov 30, 2018
Hi I have completed my BA LLB hons integrated 5 year course from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Delhi with CPI 58.82 % overall with 2 division in 2018 I have 67% in my fifth and final year of course and.. Now I want to apply for LLM in Business law from Canada .... Is I am eligible to apply for the LLM course in Canada with my percentage ..in Osgoode law school or University of Saskatchewin. ...What are the procedures which I need to follow to get admission if I am eligible to apply ...So I would like you to plz guide me .....

Garymoein

Nov 30, 2018
Hi, currently I am an engineering undergraduate student, and I have overall gpa of 3.1; however, my last 60 units have a gpa of 3.5. In addition, I have TOEFL score of 101, speaking 23 writing 25 listening 25 reading 29, and I have taken a GRE test and I have scores of 150 verbal, 168 quants, 3 writing and I have to mention the fact that I am a Canadian citizen. Moreover, unfortanutely I dont have any kind of work experience. Since my gpa is kind of low, I want to know how are my chances to get an admission from canadian universities?

Amit Kumar S

Jan 15, 2019
Hi my name is Amit Kumar
i have cgpa of 7.5
12th 75 percent
10th 9.8/10
i have gre score of 320
toefl 100
Two paper publications
one inplant training
one month internship
i want to pursue ms in chemical Engineering
will i get admitted in canadian universities

Apr 26, 2019
Hey!

Above 70% is definitely a comfortable score to apply with but there are universities that accept scores above 60% or in the close ranges. The truth is each university in Canada has their own grade conversion standards for international students you cannot depend on standard conversions like WES. Example U Manitoba accepts from 55% where as UBC will have a higher requirement. Lot depends on the university reputation and rankings too. Getting a research masters will be always tough if your scores are below 70% cause this needs approval from a faculty and your justification in the area of research. You should also have technical papers published

The bigger question here is are you ready to study in any university that admits you or do you have specific targets? If you are open to any province/university you can make it with a 60%/first class.

Reason why consultancies say 70% is because they want to sell you PG Diploma courses which doesn't give you the career growth you need. I would suggest you to check with Canam consultancy, they do not charge any fees for applications but they have limited university tie ups just a suggestion i do not have any personal experience but this is something my friends advised me. But any day i would say you can apply for canada yourself. If you have the patience and time to read through processes, contact universities.

PS: Meeting the GPAs requirements is not the only criterion there are many other parameters which dictate your admission chances like SOP, research experience etc.

Hi, I have graduated in electrical engineering with cgpa 2.877 out of 4. But last two years GPA is above 3. Scored 7 in IELTS. Please suggest me about getting admitted in Canadian University for MSc.

Maheen Rahman

May 8, 2019
Hey everyone I've been trying to get admissions in any of the Canadian universities
My IELTS score is
Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 5.5
Speaking 6.5 overall 7
And my year 12 Indian CBSE boards percentage is 61.6
I've been rejected by two universities:
University of Humber Toronto
University of Manitoba
Please can anyone help me or give me suggestions thank you!!

Taureanmon

Jun 19, 2017
Hey everyone I've been trying to get admissions in any of the Canadian universities
My IELTS score is
Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 5.5
Speaking 6.5 overall 7
And my year 12 Indian CBSE boards percentage is 61.6
I've been rejected by two universities:
University of Humber Toronto
University of Manitoba
Please can anyone help me or give me suggestions thank you!!
Your marks don't define you. What are your career plans? What are your interests? Can you depict it through assignments/ work exp?

rajath18

Jun 7, 2019
hello,
10th = 89%/
12th = 84%
BE(electrical)= 56%
IELTS= 7 with sections all more than 6.5
Work experience= 2 years

Please suggest me whether I can get any university to do masters in electrical field in Canada as I have low percentage in BE ?

Antariksha

Jun 30, 2019
Here is my Academic profile:
10th: 67%
12th: 58%
Undergrad(biotech)CGPA: 5.70
I have done 2 internships and 2 poster presentation. I am interested to study masters in biotech or like such biology related field. Can i get admission with this academic profile. Kindly help!!

Salman Butt

Jul 27, 2019
Hello guys
Below is my profile
Matric - 86%
Inter - 70%
BSEE - 53% (2.2 Cgpa) (Bachelors in Electrical Engg)
IELTS - 7 bands (L-7 , R-7 , W-6 , S-7)

I know my profile is very low but i really wants to do master in Electrical engineering(Electronics/Power) (any relevant subjects). Doesn't matter the city or province, i just need to get an admission in Canada for higher studies cause i really want to persue my carrier there. So, please guide me about the universities or the ways to get an admission in Canada for masters. I would be really very thankful to you guys.