+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Job while permanent residence application in process

Vadim26

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
@sk0101

I am an international graduate too, and just got my PGWP for 3 years and looks like I am having enough points for PNP.

Random question - after getting your PNP did you apply through Express Entry or Federal paper-based application?

I am quite confused of how people get PR after they get PNP nominated

ackk

Sep 20, 2018
@Vadim46;
This was not clear for me until I ask to OINP by phone.
I applied paper based.
If you apllied to OINP and get approval you can apply to IRCC by PAPER. They send you a link for the application forms (to get your details like your passport, travels, etc...). You don`t need express entry application here (actually you can`t use your OINP approval in express entry). THIS option is perfect who can`t get 400 CRS point from express entry and lives in Canada with a valid status. Process time is loooooong for this application (now it looks 19 months)

The other option; if you have Express entry application and 400+ CRS point, Province send you Nomination (they select according to their needs). For this you should select "which province you intent to live" while entering your express entry. After you got your Province nomination, you will continue with express entry (I don`t have experience here. Probably you will update your account with your new nomination number and you will increase your CRS 600 point more). Process time is short for this application.

If there is unclear point you can ask again.

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
U
Yes, I called OINP in morning, first the lady said I don't the answer and asked me to call call back at 1PM. So I call back and explain my work permit story she didn't understand my whole situation first, then I told her that my PNP is already approved and PR is in process, and my medical is passed then she said that, this is something now IRCC will handle, as we have approved everything. She asked me to contact IRCC.

She was completely sounds like, that she don't know anything.

I would leave an email to them, explaining the whole scenario again.
I would suggest you to just wait for ppr. Dont tel anyonr pnp or ircc about job lost

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
Yes, I called OINP in morning, first the lady said I don't the answer and asked me to call call back at 1PM. So I call back and explain my work permit story she didn't understand my whole situation first, then I told her that my PNP is already approved and PR is in process, and my medical is passed then she said that, this is something now IRCC will handle, as we have approved everything. She asked me to contact IRCC.

She was completely sounds like, that she don't know anything.

I would leave an email to them, explaining the whole scenario again.
When u applied for pr?

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
I’ve read somewhere that eventhough you lost your job you can still stay in canada until your work permit expire. And in case your spouse that is under open work permit he or she will still be able continue working.. im not an expert i just did my research and find these asnwers in another threads...

Rpatel22

Sep 21, 2018
Been in canada for over 5 years....i have Closed work permit with employer restrictions exp 2019 sep....applied for Pr application through pnp programme

july 2017 application
March 2018 medicals done

expecting ppr next month.
Got fired from my job.

I cannot work with closed work permit. Please advice what to do.

Will this affect my pr application, should i be informing cic or pnp office about it. Scared to death. Please help.

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
And what you suggest he say if the IRCC contacts him regarding the job loss, and why he did not notify them regarding this?
Ircc never contact. His eligibility is already passed. They are doing security check.

Reactions: Fabiorf

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Been in canada for over 5 years....i have Closed work permit with employer restrictions exp 2019 sep....applied for Pr application through pnp programme

july 2017 application
March 2018 medicals done

expecting ppr next month.
Got fired from my job.

I cannot work with closed work permit. Please advice what to do.

Will this affect my pr application, should i be informing cic or pnp office about it. Scared to death. Please help.
Sorry to hear that...
I think you can still stay on canada until the day your WP expired. Do you have spouse that currently under Open work permit? She or he can still work...
im no expert.. this is what I learned based on what I read...

sk0101

Sep 15, 2018
My Timelines:

PNP:
  • PNP Application Received by OINP in June 2017
  • Nomination Issued in July 2017
  • Nomination Expired in Jan 2017
  • Work Permit Support Letter Expired in Jan 2017
GCM Notes:
  • Requested in April 2018
  • Eligibility: Passed
  • Criminal Record: Passed
  • RCMP Screening: No Reportable Trace
  • Security: Not Started
  • Medical Required: Not Started
PR:
  • PR Application submitted in Aug 2017
  • PR Application received by IRCC in Sept 2017
  • Received Pre-Arrival letter in March 2018
  • Medical Requested in June 2018
  • Medical Passed in July 2018
  • PPR: Waiting
Updates:
  • After talking to my employer, they extended my employment time, but I am still at risk.
  • Talked to IRCC, they asked me to contact OINP for work permit support letter extension
  • Talked to OINP, and asked for work permit support letter extension, as it was expired in Jan 2018. They asked me to send some documents and I sent those docs and requested them to issue me a Open Work Permit, and mentioned about my PR timelines. Still waiting to hear back from them.

sk0101

Sep 15, 2018
No employer will hire take a risk to hire me with my current Work Permit condition, which about to expire in Nov 2018. Although there is alot of jobs available in my field.

sk0101

Sep 15, 2018
@sk0101

I am an international graduate too, and just got my PGWP for 3 years and looks like I am having enough points for PNP.

Random question - after getting your PNP did you apply through Express Entry or Federal paper-based application?

I am quite confused of how people get PR after they get PNP nominated
I would suggest you, if you can meet there minimum requirement for Express Entry, then go with EE don't wait for PNP.

This is what I am telling you from my bad experience of PNP - Paper based PR application, they are so lazy in processing paper based application.

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
My Timelines:

PNP:
  • PNP Application Received by OINP in June 2017
  • Nomination Issued in July 2017
  • Nomination Expired in Jan 2017
  • Work Permit Support Letter Expired in Jan 2017
GCM Notes:
  • Requested in April 2018
  • Eligibility: Passed
  • Criminal Record: Passed
  • RCMP Screening: No Reportable Trace
  • Security: Not Started
  • Medical Required: Not Started
PR:
  • PR Application submitted in Aug 2017
  • PR Application received by IRCC in Sept 2017
  • Received Pre-Arrival letter in March 2018
  • Medical Requested in June 2018
  • Medical Passed in July 2018
  • PPR: Waiting
Updates:
  • After talking to my employer, they extended my employment time, but I am still at risk.
  • Talked to IRCC, they asked me to contact OINP for work permit support letter extension
  • Talked to OINP, and asked for work permit support letter extension, as it was expired in Jan 2018. They asked me to send some documents and I sent those docs and requested them to issue me a Open Work Permit, and mentioned about my PR timelines. Still waiting to hear back from them.
Hope they get back to you asap.. and grant your OWP request. Nice post, this will be very helpful to everyone that will gonna go through this process.. just like me, I just received my nomination and I'm gonna apply my work permit probably next week... worst come to worst, this might be happen to me also in future that's why Im gonna keep track on this thread of yours...

Fabiorf

Apr 21, 2015
@Fabiorf

Any update on your end ??

I haven't hear back from OINP yet.
No updates so far. I sent the email to OINP 30 days ago. I will keep the email as a document to show IRCC in case they ask, which I doubt.

I don't think OINP will ever answer. I don't see why they would bother messing with an application that was already approved.

I will keep you posted in case something changes.