+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Losing job after ITA?

antara1

Nov 16, 2018
Hi, I have received my nomination from OINP. If I resign from my current job after I get ITA, do we need to inform IRCC about the change of employment status!

antara1

Nov 16, 2018
My work experience is more than 3 years so my CRS score won't drop. Also, I am not joining any other job as of now.If I do not inform them will it affect my application negatively?what should I do?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
My work experience is more than 3 years so my CRS score won't drop. Also, I am not joining any other job as of now.If I do not inform them will it affect my application negatively?what should I do?
If your entire work experience is from that company, then I personally would present my case in a way that doesn't raise concerns, even if there's a small chance. You need a minimum of 1 year of experience and if that was your only job, then you should treat it with extra caution.

If after the ITA you resign and your letter says you're still working there, either get a new one or mention in your LOE that you quit on a particular date.

If this happens after submitting your application, raise a CSE using the IRCC web form and let them know.

This might help if they request additional verification later on either from you or your employer by contacting them. Giving them heads up that you no longer work there is always a good idea.

To summarize, if you have the min. work experience, nothing affecting your CRS score AND you already have a nomination, you should be fine.

Reactions: antara1

antara1

Nov 16, 2018
If your entire work experience is from that company, then I personally would present my case in a way that doesn't raise concerns, even if there's a small chance. You need a minimum of 1 year of experience and if that was your only job, then you should treat it with extra caution.

If after the ITA you resign and your letter says you're still working there, either get a new one or mention in your LOE that you quit on a particular date.

If this happens after submitting your application, raise a CSE using the IRCC web form and let them know.

This might help if they request additional verification later on either from you or your employer by contacting them. Giving them heads up that you no longer work there is always a good idea.

To summarize, if you have the min. work experience, nothing affecting your CRS score AND you already have a nomination, you should be fine.
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation, my work ex is from the same company and is 3.6 years currently, so the CRS score will not change. But I would inform them after leaving the organization so as not to have any confusion. Thank you again for explaining it so clearly.

Jeensi

Feb 23, 2021
Hi,

So I am in need of helpful reply as I am in very big problem and dont know what to do and I have asked my consultants but nobody is sure what to do as they are confused and saying it is first case for them like this.

Here is my situation:

1. I have an open work permit valid until December 2021 and I have applied for and received a closed work permit also valid until December 2021.

2. I have a LMIA which it states job position and my employer name.

3. I have lost my job just now and employer lost his business.

4. I have received ITA based on my open work permit and LMIA put in the profile online and have not yet added my new closed work permit.

My concerns are:
Can I continue with my PR application based on my open work permit and LMIA still and work anywhere after I finish my file?
Is my open work permit still valid even after I have an approved closed work permit?
Do I have to change my work permit in the file and can I remove my LMIA from the online profile?
OR Do I have to change my work permit and LMIA from the profile AND even though I have approved my ITA offer reject it and go in the pool again?

Please I am in very large problem and I really need help desperately, somebody please can answer this pleaseee. Please if anybody have knowledge about this situation as I don't want any problem in PR file and get reject.

staycaught

Jul 31, 2022
That is exactly what I was explaining. No, you are not required to continue holding the LMIA job until landing.

I have done extensive research on this (before actually doing it) and confirming from CIC. "Change in circumstances after eApr" section of express entry details on CIC website describes this clearly.

Once you scored points, got ITA and submitted application, your LMIA job has to be valid at the time of applying (eApr).

If you loose / leave that job latter, they will NOT RECALCULATE your points. Since the circumstances changed AFTER eApr. It would only matter if I loose CEC's qualification for some reason.

I have done precisely that and kept CIC well informed i.e. had an LMIA job that I was working on, had another LMIA exempt job offer THAT I intended to join latter. I submitted my application stating all this, latter, several months after submission, I got a new LMIA exempt work permit, joined the new job and again informed CIC of all change of conditions and now I am through with the whole process. PPR was at least several months AFTER joining the new job, address update etc.

Besides, I already SHOWED this in my intent that I would not continue the LMIA job latter.

If needed, I can quote (with a little bit of effort looking at my materials), explaining this scenario precisely.

So - no - if you lost your LMIA job AFTER eApr, it won't result in recalculation of your score. period.

Hope that helps.

UPDATE:
Details can be read here, specifically under heading "Change in circumstances after eApr". All you need to do is meet MEC. Note that CRS recalculation requirement only holds until the eApr.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp
It has been a while since this post but if you are still around, is this still valid? Check out this post of concern: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-leaving-job-after-aor-and-claiming-50-pts-for-arranged-employment.774041/#post-10176886