2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Hariboy said:
My Job was not LMIA approved. I got ITA but now lost my job. No change in points obviously. SHould I attach a letter explaining it or am i good?
It might not have any impact but you must inform CIC about employment status changes.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Asivad Anac said:
Partly correct.

If loss of that job means that the recalculated CRS score falls below the cutoff for the draw that got them the ITA but the applicant continue to meet program eligibility, the application will still be refused. Of course, scores wouldn't be automatically recalculated and that would happen only if one informs IRCC about the loss of job. If one hides that information from IRCC, that would be misrepresentation.

LMIA supported job offers must be alive at least till one 'lands' in Canada as the entire PR application is contingent upon those additional points (in most cases).
That is exactly what I was explaining. No, you are not required to continue holding the LMIA job until landing.

I have done extensive research on this (before actually doing it) and confirming from CIC. "Change in circumstances after eApr" section of express entry details on CIC website describes this clearly.

Once you scored points, got ITA and submitted application, your LMIA job has to be valid at the time of applying (eApr).

If you loose / leave that job latter, they will NOT RECALCULATE your points. Since the circumstances changed AFTER eApr. It would only matter if I loose CEC's qualification for some reason.

I have done precisely that and kept CIC well informed i.e. had an LMIA job that I was working on, had another LMIA exempt job offer THAT I intended to join latter. I submitted my application stating all this, latter, several months after submission, I got a new LMIA exempt work permit, joined the new job and again informed CIC of all change of conditions and now I am through with the whole process. PPR was at least several months AFTER joining the new job, address update etc.

Besides, I already SHOWED this in my intent that I would not continue the LMIA job latter.

If needed, I can quote (with a little bit of effort looking at my materials), explaining this scenario precisely.

So - no - if you lost your LMIA job AFTER eApr, it won't result in recalculation of your score. period.

Hope that helps.

UPDATE:
Details can be read here, specifically under heading "Change in circumstances after eApr". All you need to do is meet MEC. Note that CRS recalculation requirement only holds until the eApr.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
That is exactly what I was explaining. No, you are not required to continue holding the LMIA job until landing.

I have done extensive research on this (before actually doing it) and confirming from CIC. "Change in circumstances after eApr" section of express entry details on CIC website describes this clearly.

Once you scored points, got ITA and submitted application, your LMIA job has to be valid at the time of applying (eApr).

If you loose / leave that job latter, they will NOT RECALCULATE your points. Since the circumstances changed AFTER eApr. It would only matter if I loose CEC's qualification for some reason.

I have done precisely that and kept CIC well informed i.e. had an LMIA job that I was working on, had another LMIA exempt job offer THAT I intended to join latter. I submitted my application stating all this, latter, several months after submission, I got a new LMIA exempt work permit, joined the new job and again informed CIC of all change of conditions and now I am through with the whole process. PPR was at least several months AFTER joining the new job, address update etc.

Besides, I already SHOWED this in my intent that I would not continue the LMIA job latter.

If needed, I can quote (with a little bit of effort looking at my materials), explaining this scenario precisely.

So - no - if you lost your LMIA job AFTER eApr, it won't result in recalculation of your score. period.

Hope that helps.
Quick question here - what was your CRS at the time of getting an ITA and what was the draw cutoff?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Asivad Anac said:
Quick question here - what was your CRS at the time of getting an ITA and what was the draw cutoff?
Sure - by any means I would not have made it if this was not the rule. 824 at ITA, draw cut off was around 460ish something. I never did ECA or any thing since it was not needed in my scenario.

I also updated the reference in my earlier post.

And yes, there have been other cases: In one where the applicant got laid off 3 months after eApr, as far I know - he informed CIC right away and was approved.

Another friend actually had resigned from his LMIA job before landing and informed CIC while landing at a CIC office in Ottawa to use his new address and clearly explained he is joining new non LMIA based job now.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Sure - by any means I would not have made it if this was not the rule. 824 at ITA, draw cut off was around 460ish something. I never did ECA or any thing since it was not needed in my scenario.

I also updated the reference in my earlier post.

And yes, there have been other cases: In one where the applicant got laid off 3 months after eApr, as far I know - he informed CIC right away and was approved.

Another friend actually had resigned his LMIA job before landing and informed CIC while landing at a CIC office in Ottawa to use his new address and clearly explained he is joining new non LMIA based job now.
Interesting!

Given that LMIAs are in short supply, it's not as if this knowledge can be abused by applicants but the possibility exists. So one only needs to have an LMIA supported job offer till one submits their post ITA application and then not need it anymore!

Would that apply to PNs as well? If one loses a job in BC (and the PN from BC was contingent on that job) after submitting the post ITA application, that would make no difference to the PR application provided the applicant continued to meet the program eligibility?

Thanks for correcting me there, fkl.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Asivad Anac said:
Interesting!

Given that LMIAs are in short supply, it's not as if this knowledge can be abused by applicants but the possibility exists. So one only needs to have an LMIA supported job offer till one submits their post ITA application and then not need it anymore!

Would that apply to PNs as well? If one loses a job in BC (and the PN from BC was contingent on that job) after submitting the post ITA application, that would make no difference to the PR application provided the applicant continued to meet the program eligibility?

Thanks for correcting me there, fkl.
No worries - I fully understand your point and the possibility of abuse in such scenarios. It's important that you know this, since you are doing an incredible job helping out lots and lots of people - spending far more time and energy than I ever could here.

Here is my take on this:

If this happens for some one with a profile much ordinary than mine, CIC would probably double check and might change this rule.

In my case and I don't want to be too specific, I was already working on the LMIA job for 2 years (a niche specialized area in computer science) and had a decade's past experience. Originally I received the next LMIA exempt job offer - months before even applying for PR and its like one of the big name companies.

But their work permit process took much longer, and I was left with 2 options, tell my current employer that I am not applying for PR yet so they need to renew my LMIA and get me a new work permit OR apply for PR.

Technically I was not eligible for the new job without work permit or PR being on closed work permit and there were 4 months left in my existing work permit validity.
My original plan was to get new work permit, move to new job - and then apply for PR. It wasn't LMIA based so I won't get the 600 that way, but the new employer would get me PNP from BC which was easy at that time, given my position.

I pretty much wrote all of this - much more clearly in my original application. So I think my case would appear exactly following the rules, and no abuse at all.

I think all it will take for CIC to see a few abuses of this (though hard as you already mentioned for LMIA) to revoke this.

Again, I think as a rule they couldn't refuse due to this, but they could have picked any reason for refusal if they were not over all satisfied with my situation.

I think having big name employers, very good salaries, strong academic (though I didn't do ECA nor spouse) and industry credentials - all play the part.

The other cases I know - weren't ordinary either.

So IMHO, this wouldn't extend to PNPs or for that matter much with LMIA based jobs either.

P.S. I should probably mention, it is extremely important to have proof that circumstances did indeed genuinely changed POST eApr.

In my case, I had official letter from employer dated 2 days before eApr, clearly stating that I am working there in a permanent position etc. and I was already working there for almost 2 years by then. So I had t4's paystubs everything. ... I really suspect that even if there was a slight doubt (as evidenced from my gcms notes, that they did very thorough examination of employer offices, addresses and god knows what else), they would not let it through.

P.P.S. Besides having an LMIA job offer from being outside of Canada and not joining at all while your PR is in process is different from some one already working LMIA job for a while and leave it in the middle while PR is in process.

abhay.sudhakaran

Nov 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
05-11-2016
Thanks for the response guys.

So here is my condition:
I am on open work-permit (which does not require an LMIA)
My current job offer is based on my open work permit
My express entry PR application (under FSWP) is currently in progress (Undergoing document completeness check)

Will losing my current job, have an impact on my PR application ? because I know that CIC mentions we need to inform them in case there is a loss of job offer.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhay.sudhakaran said:
Thanks for the response guys.

So here is my condition:
I am on open work-permit (which does not require an LMIA)
My current job offer is based on my open work permit
My express entry PR application (under FSWP) is currently in progress (Undergoing document completeness check)

Will losing my current job, have an impact on my PR application ? because I know that CIC mentions we need to inform them in case there is a loss of job offer.
No impact.

abhay.sudhakaran

Nov 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
05-11-2016
Asivad Anac said:
No impact.
Thanks for the response, but I am curious why they would ask me for a change in status such as loss of job if it had no impact.
When I first got my ITA, I had met all the criteria under FSWP like more than 1 year of continues work experience and all other requirements.
But my concerns is that the application is based on the fact that I have a valid job offer (which was attached and submitted with the application - current in process).
Now if I lose a job offer and even if I get another job within a matter of weeks, I am a little worried how that will impact the document evaluation process. :(

My Express Entry Score breakdown - Total 461:
CRS - Age (95)
CRS - Level of Education (126)
CRS - Official Language Profiency (105)
CRS - Canadian Work Experience (35)
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education (50)
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience (50)

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Is the eAPR the same form that we fill out online after getting ITA and later get AOR for ?? Please excuse my ignorance on these matters.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhay.sudhakaran said:
Thanks for the response, but I am curious why they would ask me for a change in status such as loss of job if it had no impact.
When I first got my ITA, I had met all the criteria under FSWP like more than 1 year of continues work experience and all other requirements.
But my concerns is that the application is based on the fact that I have a valid job offer (which was attached and submitted with the application - current in process).
Now if I lose a job offer and even if I get another job within a matter of weeks, I am a little worried how that will impact the document evaluation process. :(

My Express Entry Score breakdown - Total 461:
CRS - Age (95)
CRS - Level of Education (126)
CRS - Official Language Profiency (105)
CRS - Canadian Work Experience (35)
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education (50)
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience (50)
That's the whole point of the debate fkl and I had on this thread and apparently IRCC only wants to be informed of job loss to ensure that nobody is trying to 'play' the system. That wouldn't matter if you have an LMIA exempt job or any job outside Canada because having (or losing) that job makes no difference to your points after submitting the post ITA application. You're awarded points for program eligibility and/or CRS based on your past work experience not present and future work experience.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SecularFirst said:
Is the eAPR the same form that we fill out online after getting ITA and later get AOR for ?? Please excuse my ignorance on these matters.
Yes. It stands for Electronic Application for Permanent Residence.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac. Thanks for extending your tireless help to all of the forum members.

I have a quick question, I am on PGWP and have submitted my application under CEC last week. I was solely doing this job in Canada for permanent residency and now leaving this job for further studies in US. I told my Manager about leaving this job and he was not very happy. He felt like I have used him and the job for PR purposes. This job doesn't match my career goals and expectations so I did it unwillingly for 13 months just to be eligible for CEC.

I have told my manager that he may receive a call from CIC to confirm my employment with him. Now if he give an unfavorable explanation about me to cic, will it affect my PR application?

I have submitted the employee reference letter, pay stubs and T4. Can these items be enough in case my manager screw up anything? my job and all papers are 100% genuine. In other words, I want to know if our applications depend so much on your employers? I am not sure whether he intend to screw it or not bt I am also not 100% that he won't. What's your take on it ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
Hello Asivad Anac. Thanks for extending your tireless help to all of the forum members.

I have a quick question, I am on PGWP and have submitted my application under CEC last week. I was solely doing this job in Canada for permanent residency and now leaving this job for further studies in US. I told my Manager about leaving this job and he was not very happy. He felt like I have used him and the job for PR purposes. This job doesn't match my career goals and expectations so I did it unwillingly for 13 months just to be eligible for CEC.

I have told my manager that he may receive a call from CIC to confirm my employment with him. Now if he give an unfavorable explanation about me to cic, will it affect my PR application?

I have submitted the employee reference letter, pay stubs and T4. Can these items be enough in case my manager screw up anything? my job and all papers are 100% genuine. In other words, I want to know if our applications depend so much on your employers? I am not sure whether he intend to screw it or not bt I am also not 100% that he won't. What's your take on it ?
If this was genuine employment, there is nothing incriminating your manager can testify against you that will cause IRCC to doubt this employment. Even if you 'used' the job purely for CEC eligibility, that doesn't take away anything from the employment. IRCC may call the employer for verification only if they aren't satisfied with the documentation submitted along with your application but their conversation with your manager would be only about the documentation submitted as part of your application. Your manager can choose to rant and rave about how they feel 'cheated' or 'let down' but that won't make the slightest difference to IRCC or your PR application.

All the best!

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Thanks for the quick response.

I know I am thinking too much into it but what if an employer go out of his way and refuses to acknowledge to CIC that the applicant did all the duties described in the letter? Even if the applicant provide all the proof that he was being paid to do the described duties. I may be stretching it way too much as I am little nervous about leaving the job and moving on in my career.