Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Hello there!

I was invited to apply through the Express Entry scheme a couple of weeks ago and applied for permanent residence last week.

I've been working in Canada under an LMO on work permit.

Considering there's clearly no doubt I'd not have been invited to apply without my job and LMO at this stage, I wondered where I would potentially stand if I lost my job?

Am I now 'safe' as I've progressed to the application stage and actually applied and uploaded my documents? Or would I be cast out on my ear if I lost my job in the interim while I wait for the actual permanent residence?

I wondered if anyone have any idea? What can I say I'm a natural worrier. :)

Thanks a lot in advance for any wisdom!

Reactions: jawand

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
hulahoop said:
Hello there!

I was invited to apply through the Express Entry scheme a couple of weeks ago and applied for permanent residence last week.

I've been working in Canada under an LMO on work permit.

Considering there's clearly no doubt I'd not have been invited to apply without my job and LMO at this stage, I wondered where I would potentially stand if I lost my job?

Am I now 'safe' as I've progressed to the application stage and actually applied and uploaded my documents? Or would I be cast out on my ear if I lost my job in the interim while I wait for the actual permanent residence?

I wondered if anyone have any idea? What can I say I'm a natural worrier. :)

Thanks a lot in advance for any wisdom!
Well your application will not be processed if you lose the LMIA approved job right after getting the ITA... The whole point is to have a secure job offer and employment..... That is the only reason you got the preferred treatment I terms of getting the ITA.. If I were you .. I would try everything to not loose the job..

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Sorry I should clarify:

I've already applied for the role.

My concern is if I was made redundant (I work in a very volatile industry) in the time between applying (after invitation to apply) and awaiting the final decision.

The information on CIC's site suggests that you should notify them BEFORE applying if your situation changes. My question is whether my application will be affected by changes to my situation AFTER applying if that makes sense.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
um yeah, you have to keep them informed of any and all changes to your status throughout the application process so IF you lost your LMIA approved job they'd probably withdraw the offer.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
It doesn't say that anywhere.

The closest information I can find is:

"If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should re-calculate your score before applying online for permanent residence."

I've already applied so if I was to lose my job, that sentence wouldn't apply to me.

The information given at the point you're given an ITA specifically says "it's your responsibility to let us know about any changes to your application, for instance if you move or change your phone number". It doesn't mention changes to your status at all.

There's no information at all about how change in status after applying might affect things, as far as I can tell.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
hulahoop said:
It doesn't say that anywhere.

The closest information I can find is:

"If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should re-calculate your score before applying online for permanent residence."

I've already applied so if I was to lose my job, that sentence wouldn't apply to me.

The information given at the point you're given an ITA specifically says "it's your responsibility to let us know about any changes to your application, for instance if you move or change your phone number". It doesn't mention changes to your status at all.

There's no information at all about how change in status after applying might affect things, as far as I can tell.
If you have already submitted your PR application online like you claimed, your AOR letter should've stated that you need to inform CIC of changes and the ways to contact the office responsible for your application.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Ah yes I missed that (somehow), it says:

"More particularly, please inform us about any:
• Change in circumstances such as the loss of a job offer or a Provincial or Territorial nomination;"

I guess that doesn't specifically say my application WILL be cancelled but clearly it could be a factor.

Urgh, OK. I'll sleep a little less easily tonight. :(

Thanks for your help.

Hariboy

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
My Job was not LMIA approved. I got ITA but now lost my job. No change in points obviously. SHould I attach a letter explaining it or am i good?

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your answer to your question ;)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t275544.0.html

Reactions: sssurvey

abhay.sudhakaran

Nov 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
05-11-2016
Hi Guys,
Is it necessary to maintain a job offer under FSWP - Express Entry. Will losing a job while the application is in process, affect CIC's decision ?

I know that CIC mentions that we need to inform them in case there is a loss of job offer, but would like what impact that it has on the decision.

Thanks,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhay.sudhakaran said:
Hi Guys,
Is it necessary to maintain a job offer under FSWP - Express Entry. Will losing a job while the application is in process, affect CIC's decision ?

I know that CIC mentions that we need to inform them in case there is a loss of job offer, but would like what impact that it has on the decision.

Thanks,
No impact unless this job gave you 600 additional points.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Asivad Anac said:
No impact unless this job gave you 600 additional points.
Even if the job gave you 600 points and circumstances changed AFTER submitting the application e.g. you lost the job or changed job, it doesn't matter.

You should just still be meeting A11.2 which are requirements for the actual PR program e.g. CEC which has nothing to do with CRS score securing ITA..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Even if the job gave you 600 points and circumstances changed AFTER submitting the application e.g. you lost the job or changed job, it doesn't matter.

You should just still be meeting A11.2 which are requirements for the actual PR program e.g. CEC which has nothing to do with CRS score securing ITA..
Partly correct.

If loss of that job means that the recalculated CRS score falls below the cutoff for the draw that got them the ITA but the applicant continue to meet program eligibility, the application will still be refused. Of course, scores wouldn't be automatically recalculated and that would happen only if one informs IRCC about the loss of job. If one hides that information from IRCC, that would be misrepresentation.

LMIA supported job offers must be alive at least till one 'lands' in Canada as the entire PR application is contingent upon those additional points (in most cases).

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
You can re-calculate your CRS score, if you are still above the ITA cutoff of your round, then you should definitely go to apply. You can explain this in your letter of explanation. Good luck!