+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

niazed

Jun 24, 2019
This is really depressing. I was so happy when it was transferred to Mississauga, then they dropped the news. I hope they do the processing soon and make all our lives easier.
Me too !!!! I am an August 2018 applicant whose file was moved here in Feb 2019... not really looking like sunny road ahead for me :/

niazed

Jun 24, 2019
Our lawyer said that it’s usually transferred to a VO closest to the PA. We’ve been together for 2 years. Her mother and aunt and a few of our friends were at our wedding, my family is in the Philippines so they couldn’t come. I don't have a tourist visa to canada. She visits me here atleast once a month.

What is your husband's status here? And your timeline.

My lawyer said the same thing*

Romilpatel1

Dec 3, 2018
I received AOR 2 -We started processing PA'S application on June 25, 2019. Is there anything to be hopeful?
I received AOR 2. We started processing PA'S application on June 25, 2019. I am march 13 Applicant. I didn't know why they transfer my file from Mississauga to Los Angeles. I do not have any connection with USA. Please update if you know anything else.

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I received AOR 2. We started processing PA'S application on June 25, 2019. I am march 13 Applicant. I didn't know why they transfer my file from Mississauga to Los Angeles. I do not have any connection with USA. Please update if you know anything else.
I don't know how everything works nowadays. They process each application the way they want to process. :(

Daniel89

Oct 1, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
App. Filed.......
06/28/2018
Hi all, my AOR was December 2018. Went to Sydney, Mississauga and now LA back in Feb. just got an interview request today and the letter states both of us have to attend. Our file is pretty straight forward.. we were married a year ago, have extensive proof of relationship etc.
I don’t think LA only deals with “difficult or red flagged cases” but I’m obviously nervous about an interview.. Would love to hear any feedback from people that have been there recently.

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Hi all, my AOR was December 2018. Went to Sydney, Mississauga and now LA back in Feb. just got an interview request today and the letter states both of us have to attend. Our file is pretty straight forward.. we were married a year ago, have extensive proof of relationship etc.
I don’t think LA only deals with “difficult or red flagged cases” but I’m obviously nervous about an interview.. Would love to hear any feedback from people that have been there recently.

Wow, congratulations! This is the first LA interview that someone on this forum has had since September of last year. Did they send you an email with the interview request or postal mail? What is the date of the interview?

Someone made a very good post in this thread describing their experience of their interview in LA last year:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/after-the-interview.181472/#post-7249209

Reactions: Daniel89

Daniel89

Oct 1, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
App. Filed.......
06/28/2018
It’s August 7th so far...hoping they don’t change it because we already spent 800 on flight from BC.

They sent in an email that contained a PDF. It basically just said to bring originals of the documents we already submitted. I have a meeting with the lawyer on Tuesday to go over it I guess. I’m american and my spouse is a PR. Kinda wishing I did inland processing at this point tho!

Daniel89

Oct 1, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
App. Filed.......
06/28/2018
Me too !!!! I am an August 2018 applicant whose file was moved here in Feb 2019... not really looking like sunny road ahead for me :/

Mine was also transferred in Feb 2019 - I'm on the west coast and an American Citizen which is why I didnt really think this was an issue. I am thinking maybe they are load balancing as well? We were sent an Interview letter last week and that is scheduled for August 7 at the LA office. The letter just asks to bring the same documentation like police certificate, proof of sponsor's status etc... Didnt state bring photos or evidence to prove your relationship...so thinking this is just a normal thing. My lawyer said this is a very common practice for Outland applications as the LVO isnt a centralized centre but they prefer to meet in person and finalize the application. Im thinking if I had redflags or we had been suspected of anything nefarious we would be asked to bring evidence to rebut the claims? I guess we all speculate at this point.

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
Yayyyyy i feel happy got PPR
After 9 months file sent to los angeles
Did apply july 2017, it was long long long journey. Good luck everyone it's nerve wracking but be patient
That's great. How long did it take since they received your passport until they sent it back to you with your residence stamp?
Thank you!

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
I was a December 2017 applicant, transferred to LA in March or April 2018, and just received my CoPR on Monday May 6th, 2018.
I went straight to flagpole at Peace Bridge the next day, and did not have any issues,
Finally after almost 17 months I am done, just waiting for my PR card to come in the mail,

Good luck to everyone, it's a long wait but it will all happen eventually!
Glad the long wait came to an end. That's great. How long did it take since they received your passport until they sent it back to you with your residence stamp?

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
BCG is at "We are processing your background check." Its been like that for months though. Nothing really has changed since we got the pre-arrival letter. Will keep you updated.
How did it go? Did you receive your PPR letter or what happened?

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
BF = bonafide. It seems that while they think the relationship appears genuine, they want a closer review to make sure, which will probably be an interview.
Interview no needed at all thanks God! They opened our app and one week after they sent me pre arrival services, and 7 days later on June 28th they sent me a PPR letter. I sent my passport that same day. It was a very straightforward app but they just wanted it to be further processed in the US even though they didn't have any red flags or concerns.

Reactions: Duemanshi

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
Yea who know but we jus gonna hope for the best. We also sent our application in July and will keep u update it and u do the same pls
Hi Yaya,
I finally got my PPR letter last friday June 28th and sent my passport that same day. On July 13th it will be a year mark since we initially sent our application to Canada first. Los Angeles is certainly slow, but it took them one week once they opened it to reach a decision and send a pre arrival services letter and then 7 days letter my PPR.
Do you have any update for your app?