+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
A lawyer in Canada for this kind of applications just told me that IRCC often shifts applications in different offices depending on backlogs or the requirement for a review. So it could be really anything according to her.
I r
A lawyer in Canada for this kind of applications just told me that IRCC often shifts applications in different offices depending on backlogs or the requirement for a review. So it could be really anything according to her.
i really hope so.. and hope it’s just the normal process nothing too complicated

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
During backlogs, they generally shift apps to offices that normally deal with that particular workload. LA does not deal with spousal apps as a part of their normal workload. They, along with NY, stopped many years ago when Ottawa took over that workload. Since then, they have dealt only with spousal apps that need further investigation and interviews.

Reactions: yamile9172

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
During backlogs, they generally shift apps to offices that normally deal with that particular workload. LA does not deal with spousal apps as a part of their normal workload. They, along with NY, stopped many years ago when Ottawa took over that workload. Since then, they have dealt only with spousal apps that need further investigation and interviews.
I see ., i guess I have to wait n see .. this whole thing is overwhelming

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Seems like a lot of people have been getting their file transferred here lately. Mine was transferred to LA six months ago, hopefully they start moving some of these apps soon

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Seems like a lot of people have been getting their file transferred here lately. Mine was transferred to LA six months ago, hopefully they start moving some of these apps soon
Did you request GCMS notes to see the reason for the transfer?

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Hope everyone here is holding up okay, anyone receive any updates within the last month? It's going on 7 months since my file was transferred and no further word since. Hopefully something soon will come up for us all.

Reactions: yamile9172

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
Do you know what exactly "Elegibility Assesment" covers? I got my notes and so far my husband is approved as sponsor, medicals are passed and eligibility is in process. According to them we showed enough proof of intent and the also stated "proof of relationship has been reviewed and appears to be bonafide". They added LA as a secondary office and also sent our app over there for further review. I don't know why specifically they sent it for. If it is to keep reviewing our relationship or something else that for them is also part of elegibility. One last thing. Before sending it to LA they also stated "closer review required to stablish BF." However, I don't know what exactly they meant tho. I am not from the U.S. but currently living in NY with my husband.

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
Hope everyone here is holding up okay, anyone receive any updates within the last month? It's going on 7 months since my file was transferred and no further word since. Hopefully something soon will come up for us all.
Nope! Just got my notes but nothing seems to be an issue so far, so don't really know why they sent it LA. When was the first time you sent your application to the offices in Canada? I did mine in July 13th so we are still within the normal time.

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Nope! Just got my notes but nothing seems to be an issue so far, so don't really know why they sent it LA. When was the first time you sent your application to the offices in Canada? I did mine in July 13th so we are still within the normal time.

Mine was first received on February 28th, 2018. Uploaded my FBI background check in April, passed meds in May and file was transferred to LA on June 7.