Los Angeles LVO INFO

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Do you know what exactly "Elegibility Assesment" covers? I got my notes and so far my husband is approved as sponsor, medicals are passed and eligibility is in process. According to them we showed enough proof of intent and the also stated "proof of relationship has been reviewed and appears to be bonafide". They added LA as a secondary office and also sent our app over there for further review. I don't know why specifically they sent it for. If it is to keep reviewing our relationship or something else that for them is also part of elegibility. One last thing. Before sending it to LA they also stated "closer review required to stablish BF." However, I don't know what exactly they meant tho. I am not from the U.S. but currently living in NY with my husband.
BF = bonafide. It seems that while they think the relationship appears genuine, they want a closer review to make sure, which will probably be an interview.

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
Mine was first received on February 28th, 2018. Uploaded my FBI background check in April, passed meds in May and file was transferred to LA on June 7.
Oh wow! Well I think you should contact them by the end of January and tell them you are a little worried about your app since it has almost met the deadline.. They advise you to do it once the 12 months have passed, however, I would do one soon and one on March 1st. Get your notes again just in case. It might be moving already and you don't know about it.

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Oh wow! Well I think you should contact them by the end of January and tell them you are a little worried about your app since it has almost met the deadline.. They advise you to do it once the 12 months have passed, however, I would do one soon and one on March 1st. Get your notes again just in case. It might be moving already and you don't know about it.
I contacted the Los Angeles office about a month ago, they just said my file was at that location and is currently in line to be processed. So, I guess they are just really slow or backed up lately.

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
I contacted the Los Angeles office about a month ago, they just said my file was at that location and is currently in line to be processed. So, I guess they are just really slow or backed up lately.
Hi
I got a question are and your spouse living together at the moment.?

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Hi
I got a question are and your spouse living together at the moment.?
We were living together in states until May when she went back to Canada to help her aging father and work up there so we can be better established when I make the move. I have since visited her and she was just here in the states again for a month during the holidays. She has a Greencard.

She has since updated her address on CICs website.

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
almost 6 months for me...2 weeks away from it being a year since the app was received,
has anyone had any luck trying to contact the LA VO for these applications?
i've only received an email saying that my application was in line to be processed, but no details

Any updates on your file? I know you've been in limbo for a long time.

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
We were living together in states until May when she went back to Canada to help her aging father and work up there so we can be better established when I make the move. I have since visited her and she was just here in the states again for a month during the holidays. She has a Greencard.

She has since updated her address on CICs website.
Aha my husband lives in the states as well and in LA - but he doesn’t have green card or American passport..
ahhh n its taking forever ever .. n ur little longer than us .. wish you all the best

Reactions: Duemanshi

Calig1rl

Jun 11, 2018
It's been a year since we submitted the app, 7 months since it was transferred and still no word. Just hoping for the best this 2019 :(

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
It's been a year since we submitted the app, 7 months since it was transferred and still no word. Just hoping for the best this 2019 :(

It will be a year next month for us. 7 months since transferred with no word, too. Best of luck, I hope they can finally get to us soon.

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
It will be a year next month for us. 7 months since transferred with no word, too. Best of luck, I hope they can finally get to us soon.
Oh wowww omg thats a very long time almost 7 months..
I guess shouldn’t complain then.. my file was transferred to LA visa office on December 4th.2018!!!!

qwert97

Sep 14, 2017
my file was transferred in August 2018 so its just under 6 months. Got the same reply that the file is under queue to be reviewed. That office is really backlogged.

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
my file was transferred in August 2018 so its just under 6 months. Got the same reply that the file is under queue to be reviewed. That office is really backlogged.

Yeah, They must be really far behind or just short on staff working on these applications. What I find most interesting is from reading this entire thread just one year ago members were getting called to interviews after 3-4 months, next week will be 8 months since my file was transferred with no word since.

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
I just want to ask a question if anyone knows.. if the applicant decides to move to another country can they transfer his file to the new country he will he moving to? Knowing that his file was transferred to the visa office two months ago

doubledouble

May 22, 2018
Finally I think this is starting to move forward! Received pre-arrival form today, getting excited and wishing it’s all completed within the next few weeks!
hope everyone starts seeing some movement on their applications, this has take way too long already

Reactions: Duemanshi