+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

fatiza

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
My file was transferred on June 7th, have not heard anything since then. My wife sent an email last week inquiring about our application and we have not had a reply yet.. This office seems very slow... :(
My file was transferred on june 27th and my husband email twice one time in june when we heard our file was transferred there and last week and they reply yesterday with to send them schedule A again just

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
So is this office closing? The front page of Canada Visa Application Centre for the USA has a notice at the top of the page stating for both LA and NY:

"The VAC will no longer accept applications or take biometrics after November 1st, 2018. Please click here for more details."
The link then brings you to this http://csc.public.s3.amazonaws.com/CIC/US/Transition_Communication_Handouts-Annex_C_and_D_LosAngeles_en.pdf

So are they going to just transfer our file again to Mississauga or something? Or will they process this before they close? Just trying to figure out if this is going to affect me or others in this thread that are waiting.

Calig1rl

Jun 11, 2018
So is this office closing? The front page of Canada Visa Application Centre for the USA has a notice at the top of the page stating for both LA and NY:

"The VAC will no longer accept applications or take biometrics after November 1st, 2018. Please click here for more details."
The link then brings you to this http://csc.public.s3.amazonaws.com/CIC/US/Transition_Communication_Handouts-Annex_C_and_D_LosAngeles_en.pdf

So are they going to just transfer our file again to Mississauga or something? Or will they process this before they close? Just trying to figure out if this is going to affect me or others in this thread that are waiting.
Wow thanks for this! I did a search (I panicked! Lol) and came across this info from the canada.ca website. Seems like they're moving locations but within the same city?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/details-vac-service-changes-asia-americas-2018.html#close

"VACs moving and changing service provider
The following VACs will move to a new address in the same city and change service provider on November 2, 2018.

• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
  • Port-au-Prince, Haiti
  • Georgetown, Guyana
  • Kingston, Jamaica
  • Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
  • Los Angeles, USA
  • New York City, USA"
I hope our applications will not get delayed any further because of this :(

Reactions: Duemanshi

fatiza

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
No that will not effect but they are not working for a week after 11 November they will start working

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
5 months since our file was transferred to LA. I know there's a few others in the thread with a similar time, hope you guys are hanging in there and we can hear word soon.

doubledouble

May 22, 2018
5 months since our file was transferred to LA. I know there's a few others in the thread with a similar time, hope you guys are hanging in there and we can hear word soon.
almost 6 months for me...2 weeks away from it being a year since the app was received,
has anyone had any luck trying to contact the LA VO for these applications?
i've only received an email saying that my application was in line to be processed, but no details

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
almost 6 months for me...2 weeks away from it being a year since the app was received,
has anyone had any luck trying to contact the LA VO for these applications?
i've only received an email saying that my application was in line to be processed, but no details
Nope, received the same email last month after trying to get a status update or timeline. When did you get your medicals done? I thought that was only good for a year and they usually try to get applications finished before then.

Calig1rl

Jun 11, 2018
Nope, received the same email last month after trying to get a status update or timeline. When did you get your medicals done? I thought that was only good for a year and they usually try to get applications finished before then.
I've read that they will either extend it or request for another medical if your medical is almost expiring and they haven't reached a decision yet. Why is this VO so slow :(

cbreeze22

Oct 10, 2017
I came home from doing my medical exam to the transfer (to Los Angeles) letter. Just a few days before, my spouse received a letter stating it was being processed in Mississauga and another that said she'd been approved as a sponsor. I didn't know until today that LA was the "red flag" VO, but I did think our app was complex. I have one non-accompanying dependent over 21 (who I think we'll try to change to accompanying - her gov't service contract will be completed if these lengthy LAVO times hold true for us). I also have, and reported, a failure-to-appear for a traffic ticket arrest (for about 3 hours) from 1998. I wrote what happened in the application, and it's on my submitted FBI check. I'm hoping it's not being flagged for anything like same-sex marriage of two people previously in heterosexual marriages (we had a full - and expensive - wedding with our families and friends and have had a 3-year relationship full of visits, stays together, pics, etc.). I guess our hope of being together before the end of this school year is gone. Spouse is ordering notes, hopefully today. Anything else we should do in the meantime?

gobbos

Nov 27, 2018
Another Los Angeles guy here!

Our outland spouse sponsorship (which was being processed in Mississauga) has now been transferred to Los Angeles. I am a Canadian citizen and I sponsored my wife (an international student of a Middle Eastern background.) Our application was going through the usual cycle but has now been transferred to Los Angeles. Neither of us are American or have lived in the US. So we are finding this transfer to be a bit odd.

Before the transfer to Los Angeles, IRCC requested a RCMP police check. Once we provided that, the file was transferred a few days later to Los Angeles. There is no criminality on the RCMP police check or any undeclared criminality.

So, we were wondering if anyone here is in a similar situation to us, or if any of the veterans of this forum have come across similar stories?

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
5 months now been file was transferred and no reply from visa office
Really sorry to hear that, it's so hard sometimes when entire applications are being processed and completed at other offices in the same amount of time ours has been at a standstill. Next week will be 6 months since file was transferred, I tried to email them asking for a timeline last week but have not received a reply yet.

fatiza

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
@fatiza @Duemanshi

Have either of you seen your GCMS notes? Any idea why a transfer was done? I just requested ours last week and waiting on that.
No i did not but i know why my file transferred here.because we did one mistake while filling our application they asked for that we clear all that 1 month ago since than no email

fatiza

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Really sorry to hear that, it's so hard sometimes when entire applications are being processed and completed at other offices in the same amount of time ours has been at a standstill. Next week will be 6 months since file was transferred, I tried to email them asking for a timeline last week but have not received a reply yet.
We did email for tomeline they didn't tell the exact time :(