+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Loosing 25 points under Official Language proficiency and foreign work exp

raiviv

Jun 27, 2016
thanks to all you guys for guiding me. I have got the right points and now moved from 401 to 426.
Hopefully, i find some nomination

Cheers !

rv29

Mar 31, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am also facing the same problem as described above. I got only 125 on official language proficiency when it should have been 150. My IELTS scores are Speaking 9, Reading 8.5, Writing 8.5, Listening 7.5. Also, I have experience of almost 5 years of work outside Canada.

After reading through the above posts, it seems there is some technical issue that leads to the score miscalculation. And I just need to create a new profile/application to rectify this issue? In the new profile, I will ensure that I write 45 hours work per week. Is there any other caution that I should consider while creating a new profile/application?

Also, one small doubt - Do we need to withdraw the application before starting another for Express Entry? (Sorry for a very basic doubt like this)

Thanks.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rv29 said:
Hi everyone,

I am also facing the same problem as described above. I got only 125 on official language proficiency when it should have been 150. My IELTS scores are Speaking 9, Reading 8.5, Writing 8.5, Listening 7.5. Also, I have experience of almost 5 years of work outside Canada.

After reading through the above posts, it seems there is some technical issue that leads to the score miscalculation. And I just need to create a new profile/application to rectify this issue? In the new profile, I will ensure that I write 45 hours work per week. Is there any other caution that I should consider while creating a new profile/application?

Also, one small doubt - Do we need to withdraw the application before starting another for Express Entry? (Sorry for a very basic doubt like this)

Thanks.
There is no issue there. In order to get full transferability points you need to have following or better for IELTS - Listening 8 and everything else 7.
In your case you do not meet criteria for 4x CBL 9+ (your listening is CBL 8 only) and that is why you are loosing points.

rv29

Mar 31, 2017
vensak said:
There is no issue there. In order to get full transferability points you need to have following or better for IELTS - Listening 8 and everything else 7.
In your case you do not meet criteria for 4x CBL 9+ (your listening is CBL 8 only) and that is why you are loosing points.
Thanks. As of now, my CRS is 420 and considering the current trend of ITA's, I might get a call at this score. In case the CRS points increase in this lot, then I will retake IELTS. What do you suggest?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rv29 said:
Thanks. As of now, my CRS is 420 and considering the current trend of ITA's, I might get a call at this score. In case the CRS points increase in this lot, then I will retake IELTS. What do you suggest?
There is nothing preventing you redoing IELTS. If the other will give you more points you can switch it. If you will not do well you can keep this one. It is worth trying. that way you will be doing something and not just waiting for good Draw. ood luck.

rv29

Mar 31, 2017
vensak said:
There is nothing preventing you redoing IELTS. If the other will give you more points you can switch it. If you will not do well you can keep this one. It is worth trying. that way you will be doing something and not just waiting for good Draw. ood luck.
Oh! I was under the impression that the new scores will override previous scores. I didn't know that both will remain valid.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rv29 said:
Oh! I was under the impression that the new scores will override previous scores. I didn't know that both will remain valid.
You can use any valid IELTS results. Only thing that is not allowed is to combine parts of different tests. (for example if you take 3 skills from your current one and listening from your new one).
Is is same as having 2 different valid ECA and one stating Master and one just Bac 4+. Then you can use one that gives you better results.

rv29

Mar 31, 2017
vensak said:
You can use any valid IELTS results. Only thing that is not allowed is to combine parts of different tests. (for example if you take 3 skills from your current one and listening from your new one).
Is is same as having 2 different valid ECA and one stating Master and one just Bac 4+. Then you can use one that gives you better results.
Thanks.. that helped me!