+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Loosing 25 points under Official Language proficiency and foreign work exp

raiviv

Jun 27, 2016
When I use CRS tool I get 50 points for Official Language proficiency and education. Total Points = 426
BUT, when I submitted my profile for express entry for NOC 2283, I got only 25 points under Official Language proficiency and education (reduction of 25 points from CRS tool). Thus Total = 401

I have provided 11 yrs experience under Work History and my IELTS (LRWS) is 8.5,7.5,7.5,7.5.

Any help on why I am loosing 25 points, even though i have provided work History of 11 yrs in NOC 2283?

Work History detail in the EE profile is as below:
company1: 2005 to 2008 under NOC 2283
company2: 2008 to 2012 under NOC 2283
Company 3 job A : 2012 to Oct 2016 under NOC 2283
Company 3 job B: Oct 2016 - current job under NOC 6221

Regards

raiviv

Jun 27, 2016
below is my CRS tool score:

Core/Human capital factors

Age = 75
Level of education = 126
Study in Canada = undefined
Official Languages = 125
First Official Language = 125
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 326

Spouse factors

Level of education = 0
First Official Languages = 0
Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0

Skill transferability factors

Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 50
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 50

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50 <---- getting 50 here but this is taken as 25 when submitted application
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 100

Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 426

Additional points = 0

Grand total = 426

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check amount of hours that you put to your work experience per week.
Also check what you have answer to question - since when are you allowed to work under that NOC.
And then also check, which NOC have you put as your primary NOC.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Please don't break your head on this. There is a mistake somewhere that you will be never able to figure out! I had the same issue and I tried changing things several times and nothing worked. It kept showing 25 points. Finally I made some change and my profile became ineligible and when I created a new profile, it got calculated correctly.

I would suggest you to withdraw this profile and create a new one. It should definitely go away.

raiviv

Jun 27, 2016
vensak said:
Check amount of hours that you put to your work experience per week.
Also check what you have answer to question - since when are you allowed to work under that NOC.
And then also check, which NOC have you put as your primary NOC.
I had put 8 hours per week, then changed it to 45. Submitted the changes and it shows transmitted. After transmitted, I still see the score as 401(no change)

I have put NOC 2283 as primary in which I have majority of experience. Almost 10 years

- since when are you allowed to work under that NOC-> I have put this as May which is my engineering completion month, I started my job in June 2005

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
raiviv said:
I had put 8 hours per week, then changed it to 45. Submitted the changes and it shows transmitted. After transmitted, I still see the score as 401(no change)

I have put NOC 2283 as primary in which I have majority of experience. Almost 10 years

- since when are you allowed to work under that NOC-> I have put this as May which is my engineering completion month, I started my job in June 2005
You won't believe..I did same mistake in my first profile. I put 8 hours per week for first time and then made it 45.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess that was the problem and for some reason it got locked into system and it was counting it as part time job. Then I guess recreating profile is the safest way. Good luck.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
One suggestion.. While recreating, I'd suggest you to just include company 2 and 3 jobs alone. Thereby you won't be required to provide proof (letters) only for them. Any experience over 6 years is of no use. 6 years of experience gives maximum points for eligibility, and for crs only 3 years of experience gives maximum points.

Also your experience in last 10 years will be considered for EE. So only one year from your first job would be counted for EE anyways although you have more years than that. Anything before 2007 won't be counted.

raiviv

Jun 27, 2016
vensak said:
I guess that was the problem and for some reason it got locked into system and it was counting it as part time job. Then I guess recreating profile is the safest way. Good luck.
Thanks for your suggestion. I will create new profile.

When you say new profile does it mean new username or with same username I can just create new profile?

raiviv

Jun 27, 2016
DEEPCUR said:
One suggestion.. While recreating, I'd suggest you to just include company 2 and 3 jobs alone. Thereby you won't be required to provide proof (letters) only for them. Any experience over 6 years is of no use. 6 years of experience gives maximum points for eligibility, and for crs only 3 years of experience gives maximum points.

Also your experience in last 10 years will be considered for EE. So only one year from your first job would be counted for EE anyways although you have more years than that. Anything before 2007 won't be counted.
Ok, point noted. Thanks for the input