+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lonely Canadian processing times

frange

May 25, 2018
I applied inside Canada but I just got back to Argentina and will wait for a decision here.
The principal applicant ( the person you are sponsoring) is IN or OUTSIDE of Canada? Which province are you living? Quebec or Ontario?
My file in Mexico since May 2021 and they don't even touch it. Sydney has requested PCC, medical before transferring the file to Mexico. PCC is already expired and medical will expire in May 2022 ; so they don't even check what was in the package...lo!!!.

I asked them to transfer my file to another VO which is less busy; so that my file can be processed and they don't reply yet.

Keep me informed on this thread since we are only 3 or 4 people; not much to have a clear idea of this irregular process.

Reactions: Zain Al-saqqaf

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
The principal applicant ( the person you are sponsoring) is IN or OUTSIDE of Canada? Which province are you living? Quebec or Ontario?
My file in Mexico since May 2021 and they don't even touch it. Sydney has requested PCC, medical before transferring the file to Mexico. PCC is already expired and medical will expire in May 2022 ; so they don't even check what was in the package...lo!!!.

I asked them to transfer my file to another VO which is less busy; so that my file can be processed and they don't reply yet.

Keep me informed on this thread since we are only 3 or 4 people; not much to have a clear idea of this irregular process.
I am sorry to hear your process is being delayed.... Me, the principal applicant and the sponsor both applied from inside Ontario and our case went to Sydney NS. We applied while I was in there as a temporary resident, but had to go back to Argentina for personal reasons. Now I'm updating my new address in my home country but have no idea what the process will be like from now on.
Good luck with your case, I hope you get a response soon.

frange

May 25, 2018
I am sorry to hear your process is being delayed.... Me, the principal applicant and the sponsor both applied from inside Ontario and our case went to Sydney NS. We applied while I was in there as a temporary resident, but had to go back to Argentina for personal reasons. Now I'm updating my new address in my home country but have no idea what the process will be like from now on.
Good luck with your case, I hope you get a response soon.
Thanks for your support.

Are you PR or Canadian citizen? This could have a negative impact on your file since (I think) you are not eligible to sponsor outside of Canada for this category (Lonely Canadian). Please, double check the information!!!!
PR is not eligible to sponsor at all outside of Canada.
Canadian citizen is eligible to sponsor wife, kids while outside of Canada; but not the lonely Canadian category....

NB: Please double check this info since you could become ineligible outside of Canada.

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Thanks for your support.

Are you PR or Canadian citizen? This could have a negative impact on your file since (I think) you are not eligible to sponsor outside of Canada for this category (Lonely Canadian). Please, double check the information!!!!
Canadian citizen is eligible to sponsor wife, kids while outside of Canada; but not the lonely Canadian category....

NB: Please double check this info since you could become ineligible outside of Canada.
What are you talking about????? I am not the sponsor. I am not a PR or citizen. You haven't read what I posted, you got it all wrong my friend..... please read well because I'm not explaining for a third time.

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Thanks for your support.

And it's in the thread, in a few posts back also

frange

May 25, 2018
What are you talking about????? I am not the sponsor. I am not a PR or citizen. You haven't read what I posted, you got it all wrong my friend..... please read well because I'm not explaining for a third time.
Sorry, I thought that you were the sponsor... my bad!!!

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi Estefania;

Did you finished with the process and finally became a PR?
Please let us know about your timeline.
Thanks.

Waqar Yousufi

Aug 31, 2021
Hello, my cousin lives in Ottawa, sponsored me. I live in Pakistan, I have done biometric and medical March 2022 and passed. The IRCC also send a letter to my cousin that she is eligible for sponsor on Feb 2022. I did not hear any update from IRCC on my online account. My medical will expired on Feb 21'23. could any one help me? (I applied online on Oct 06, 2021)

Last edited:

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
Hello, my cousin lives in Ottawa, sponsored me. I live in Pakistan, I have done biometric and medical March 2022 and passed. The IRCC also send a letter to my cousin that she is eligible for sponsor on Feb 2022. I did not hear any update from IRCC on my online account. My medical will expired on Feb 21'23. could any one help me? (I applied online on Oct 06, 2021)
Hello waqar. Is there any update on your application?

Jun 7, 2022
Hello waquar, You're like me my cousin lives in Ottawa and sponsored me on March 2022 and I did my biometric and medical examination on August 2022. Until now there's no response to my caee waiting to background check done.So what about you is there any respond to your case ?!

nature girl

Jan 23, 2023
Hi everyone. Can sponsor marry after sponsoring a sibling under lonely Canadian program/Other relative while the application is in process?. I will appreciate your in puts.

Reactions: Zain Al-saqqaf