+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
It was complete silence until the day before when I received a text from DHL saying that I had a VFS package which would be delivered the next day.
Wow that's weird. I kept getting update emails all the time. In fact, I was getting 2 emails each time - one for my envelope and one for my wife's :D

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
Hi guys, this is probably the wrong thread to ask this question on, but if you've applied from London UK, where did you guys get your PR photos taken? Most of the places I have asked don't know the requirements so I am a bit hesitant to go forward with them.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hi guys, this is probably the wrong thread to ask this question on, but if you've applied from London UK, where did you guys get your PR photos taken? Most of the places I have asked don't know the requirements so I am a bit hesitant to go forward with them.
I'm based in Cambridge and I just went to Snappy Snaps. They knew the requirements but it's best if you show them IRCC website with the requirements just to be sure.

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
I'm based in Cambridge and I just went to Snappy Snaps. They knew the requirements but it's best if you show them IRCC website with the requirements just to be sure.
Amazing, thank you very much - I will use them too :)

Reactions: AndyUK

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hi all,

will update my timeline too. We’re based in Scandinavia, but secondary VO is London so it’s London which will issue us visas (1 needs visa, 1 doesn’t).

RFV: 18-Apr-23
Envelope sent to VFS: 18-Apr-23
VFS received envelope: 19-Apr-23
VFS sent envelope to IRCC (London VO): 19-Apr-23

waiting for passports to reach London VO

Omo1234

Sep 28, 2022
Please I need help. I just got passport request for TRV and I am in the UK. Please which account can I pay transmission fee? Also do you advise I send my passport to another processing office because I need to be in Canada by May 30th. Thank you for swift responses

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
@Omo1234 I don't believe 6 days is a realistic waiting time. You should expect at best 2-3 weeks, and realistically 4-8 weeks. If you can travel to Canada visa-free, you still can manage to do it, if you need a visa - just cancel your trip or postpone it.

Transmission fee depends to which VFS you'll send the money to. Fees for VFS London are described here: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/can/additional-services

I am not sure if you can ask the VFS to send your passport to a specific VO for visa-stamping and hence avoid London VO. I know there's nothing directly saying that it's not allowed, but if you're now on the same continent where your VO is, it's very unlikely that VFS will listen to you and not send it to your VO. Your VO is based on your residence country, check it here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

Omo1234

Sep 28, 2022
@Omo1234 I don't believe 6 days is a realistic waiting time. You should expect at best 2-3 weeks, and realistically 4-8 weeks. If you can travel to Canada visa-free, you still can manage to do it, if you need a visa - just cancel your trip or postpone it.

Transmission fee depends to which VFS you'll send the money to. Fees for VFS London are described here: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/can/additional-services

I am not sure if you can ask the VFS to send your passport to a specific VO for visa-stamping and hence avoid London VO. I know there's nothing directly saying that it's not allowed, but if you're now on the same continent where your VO is, it's very unlikely that VFS will listen to you and not send it to your VO. Your VO is based on your residence country, check it here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

Thank you for your response. My travel date is May 30th which is over a month away. I was considering sending to another visa officer but I am sure 5weeks will be enough to get my passport back.

Apr 19, 2023
Thank you for your response. My travel date is May 30th which is over a month away. I was considering sending to another visa officer but I am sure 5weeks will be enough to get my passport back.
They are processing the visa quite fast. For me, they stamped the passport the same day they received it and shipped it back to VFS Global the same day as well. So, I think 5 weeks should be more than enough unless Covid like thing happens.

SK94

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Hello guys

I applied for my visa in August 2021
I got a BVL on the 29th of March 2023

I’m really confused because I applied through VFS London and gave my biometrics there but the correspondence letters are signed “Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi”
Why is my visa being processed in Abu Dhabi?

also, I have heard nothing since the BVL. Is anyone in the same boat?

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hi all,

will update my timeline too. We’re based in Scandinavia, but secondary VO is London so it’s London which will issue us visas (1 needs visa, 1 doesn’t).

waiting for passports to reach London VO
Updating timeline:

London VO confirmed passport receival: 24-Apr-23

Waiting for visa stamping and passports being sent back to VFS. For now 3 days passed and no progress, if we would get 2 weeks processing we would be very lucky.

Apr 19, 2023
I got my TRV (Visitor) visa stamped today. This is my timeline. I applied from Stockholm VAC.

Application submitted: 3 April 2023
Biometric request: 3 April 2023
Biometric given: 11 April 2023
Correspondence Letter: 20 April 2023
Passport request: 20 April 2023
Updated visa number in the tracker: 20 April 2023
Passport submitted: 21 April 2023
IRCC London received: 25 April 2023
IRCC London Stamped Counterfoil: 25 April 2023
IRCC sent to VAC Stockholm: 25 April 2023
VAC Stockholm received: 27 April 2023
VAC sent it to me using DHL: 27 April 2023
I received it: 28 April 2023.

I hope it helps.

Reactions: Prynx and SK94

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
My timeline is also for VFS Stockholm and VO London - 5 business days since passports were received for PR visa stamping. No movement in London VO, so I wouldn’t count for those with PPR for a 1-day processing. I’ll post when there will be an update.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
No movement in London VO for PR visa printing. Their automatic email response says "If your passport was sent to us for printing, please note that it may take 2 weeks for your passport to be returned", but my 2 weeks passed (9 business days) and nothing. It is already obvious that it won't take less than 3 weeks by any means.