+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

haris462

Jul 2, 2015
My timeline

RFV: 14-May-23
Envelope sent to VFS: 12-May-23
VFS received envelope: 15-May-23 (weekend in middle)
VFS sent envelope to IRCC (London VO): 15-May-23
Updated months to May from April. Apologies.
London VO confirmed passport receive: 16-May-23

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Updating timeline for PR visa / paper COPR issue:

RFV: 18-Apr-23
Envelope sent to VFS Stockholm: 18-Apr-23
VFS Stockholm received envelope: 19-Apr-23
VFS Stockholm sent envelope to IRCC (London VO): 19-Apr-23
London VO confirmed passport receival: 24-Apr-23
GU on the GCKey tracker - Application approved and visa issued: 10-May-23
IRCC (London VO) is sending decision envelope to VFS London: 15-May-23
VFS Stockholm confirmed receiving envelope from VFS London: 17-May-23
VFS Stockholm is sending passports back to us by courier: 17-May-23

No courier tracking nr yet from VFS, remains to see how they will handle it.

Last edited:

Blondiesweet25

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Hi Everyone,
I have joined the PR waiting bandwagon . My timeliness so far;

22nd February 2022 - upfront Medical exam completed
9th March 2022 - submitted PR application
10th May 2022 - Application canceled
June 2022 - reapplied for PR
17th January 2023 - request for another medical . Medicals done same day.
May 8th 2023 - passed medicals
May 10th 2023 - Passport submission request.
May 11th 2023 - Passport submitted at London VO/vfs by self. Notification that dispatched to ircc office.
May 12th 2023 - application notification that received at ircc office and in processing.

Mine is a tricky one, as my husband is in South Africa and submitted his in South Africa, while I and the kids submitted here in London. Not sure if that would impact of our processing times?

All the very best to everyone. Will update once I get any further info from the powers that be

Reactions: omosoja

Blondiesweet25

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Updating timeline for PR visa / paper COPR issue:

RFV: 18-Apr-23
Envelope sent to VFS: 18-Apr-23
VFS Stockholm received envelope: 19-Apr-23
VFS Stockholm sent envelope to IRCC (London VO): 19-Apr-23
London VO confirmed passport receival: 24-Apr-23
GU on the GCKey tracker - Application approved and visa issued: 10-May-23
IRCC (London VO) is sending decision envelope to VFS London: 15-May-23
VFS Stockholm confirmed receiving envelope from VFS London: 17-May-23
VFS Stockholm is sending passports back to us by courier: 17-May-23

No courier tracking nr yet from VFS, remains to see how they will handle it.
Hi walnorez, did you receive your package yesterday 17th May?
Thanks

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hi walnorez, did you receive your package yesterday 17th May?
Thanks
No, not yet. Wasn’t called by any courier yet and no tracking nr shared so far. Scandinavia is having a holiday today and a bank holiday tomorrow, then comes weekend. In worst case it can take up to Tuesday next week to finally get the envelope.

omosoja

May 15, 2023
No update for me. Its been 2 days since VFS said my passport is ready for collection. No tracking number. Nothing

Blondiesweet25

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
No, not yet. Wasn’t called by any courier yet and no tracking nr shared so far. Scandinavia is having a holiday today and a bank holiday tomorrow, then comes weekend. In worst case it can take up to Tuesday next week to finally get the envelope.
Yes seems this week is off but certainly you should hear something early next week. Fingers crossed

Reactions: walnorez

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
VFS phone support says that expect the whole passport processing to last 6 weeks and they said to me that it takes 1-2 working days to pass the envelope to the courier service, not 1 day like their tracking info says. They say the courier service should contact me to arrange delivery.

Reactions: omosoja

omosoja

May 15, 2023
Hi Omosoja, any update? Thanks
Nothing yet. Called them a few hours ago to ask for update. The agent couldn't give me anything concrete. He was asking if I've paid for courier. I told him I have a stamped return envelope sent with my application and he asked that I send them an email with the receipt. No update since then

Blondiesweet25

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Nothing yet. Called them a few hours ago to ask for update. The agent couldn't give me anything concrete. He was asking if I've paid for courier. I told him I have a stamped return envelope sent with my application and he asked that I send them an email with the receipt. No update since then
It's just frustrating how the process is so unpredictable . It doesn't allow one to plan at all and that's messed up.

Willmakeit

Mar 10, 2022
Hi all! Happy to join the Passport submission group (PR application timeline in signature :) )!

I plan to submit my passport tomorrow (self-submission) at the London VO but sincerely hoping for a quick turnaround as I have a work trip planned (hotel and flight booked) to Barcelona June 9 which is exactly 3 weeks from now! Is this a valid reason to inform the VO to fast-track? I understand many folks want the same, but what do you think ?

Many thanks,
will

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hi all! Happy to join the Passport submission group (PR application timeline in signature :) )!

I plan to submit my passport tomorrow (self-submission) at the London VO but sincerely hoping for a quick turnaround as I have a work trip planned (hotel and flight booked) to Barcelona June 9 which is exactly 3 weeks from now! Is this a valid reason to inform the VO to fast-track? I understand many folks want the same, but what do you think ?

Many thanks,
will
I think you need to believe VFS and expect 6 weeks processing, trip is not a reason for fast-track. You better do the trip first and apply later or get a second new valid passport If allowed and travel in June on the second passport.