+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Guys, please help! I want to send my passport to London VSF. Kindly put me through the passport submission process to London VO. Specifically the documents you submitted alongside the passport besides the consent form, PPR letter, and photos? Did you guys fill out any form online before submitting your passports? I'm really confused.

ALSO: should I pay for one way-courier or two-way courier service?...I live in Birmingham ENGLAND

Somebody guide me, please, it's urgent. Thank you.

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Guys, please help! I want to send my passport to London VSF. Kindly put me through the passport submission process to London VO. Specifically the documents you submitted alongside the passport besides the consent form, PPR letter, and photos? Did you guys fill out any form online before submitting your passports? I'm really confused.

ALSO: should I pay for one way-courier or two-way courier service?...I live in Birmingham ENGLAND

Somebody guide me, please, it's urgent. Thank you.
Is this for a TRV/visitor visa? If so, I was told to only send in the passport, PPR and consent form and to make the payment for the return postage, while the submission could be done via royal mail. All the details are on the london vfs website.
I'm not sure if the process is different if you are a PR applicant.
Pls note: this is what I was instructed but I am yet to receive the PPR so I haven't gone through it yet.
On a side note - could I please know what your timeline was for your application?

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Is this for a TRV/visitor visa? If so, I was told to only send in the passport, PPR and consent form and to make the payment for the return postage, while the submission could be done via royal mail. All the details are on the London VSF website.
I'm not sure if the process is different if you are a PR applicant.
Pls note: this is what I was instructed but I am yet to receive the PPR so I haven't gone through it yet.
On a side note - could I please know what your timeline was for your application?
I am a PR applicant, and I have received my passport request letter. On the letter, they mentioned to include Passport Document, Passport photo, and the PPR letter in the courier package. However, below is a list of requirements from London VSF page. Note: Only the consent form has a download link. I'm at loss about "Completed online application form (IRCC)". And there's no info on it on IRCC website.

Courier Process for PRTD Applications

Please ensure that the Application package includes:

1. Completed online application form (IRCC)

2. Checklist

3. A valid original passport and a copy of previous passports from the last 5 years

4. Supporting documents

5. Proof of payment for Government of Canada Fee (CAD)

6. The Visa Application Centre consent form

7. Two photos that meet the photo specifications.

8. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address

9. Proof of payment for Visa Application Centre

• Visa Application Centre service charge(s) in the form of a bank transfer for the Visa Application Centre:
  • Package transmission (per individual passport) – 16.15 GBP
  • Assisted Service – Paper Applications (per application) – 8.90 GBP
  • Courier fee
  • One-Way Courier Service within UK (per package)- GBP 20.35
  • Two-Way Courier Service within UK (per package) - GBP 34.00
  • One-Way Courier Service - Outside UK (per package) - GBP 82.20
  • Two-Way Courier Service - Outside UK (per package) - GBP 135.30

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I am a PR applicant, and I have received my passport request letter. On the letter, they mentioned to include Passport Document, Passport photo, and the PPR letter in the courier package. However, below is a list of requirements from London VSF page. Note: Only the consent form has a download link. I'm at loss about "Completed online application form (IRCC)". And there's no info on it on IRCC website.

Courier Process for PRTD Applications

Please ensure that the Application package includes:

1. Completed online application form (IRCC)

2. Checklist

3. A valid original passport and a copy of previous passports from the last 5 years

4. Supporting documents

5. Proof of payment for Government of Canada Fee (CAD)

6. The Visa Application Centre consent form

7. Two photos that meet the photo specifications.

8. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address

9. Proof of payment for Visa Application Centre

• Visa Application Centre service charge(s) in the form of a bank transfer for the Visa Application Centre:
  • Package transmission (per individual passport) – 16.15 GBP
  • Assisted Service – Paper Applications (per application) – 8.90 GBP
  • Courier fee
  • One-Way Courier Service within UK (per package)- GBP 20.35
  • Two-Way Courier Service within UK (per package) - GBP 34.00
  • One-Way Courier Service - Outside UK (per package) - GBP 82.20
  • Two-Way Courier Service - Outside UK (per package) - GBP 135.30
I believe that's for an application package, meaning when you are submitting an application. The form in that case would be for eg: IM5257. This would not apply to you as you already have your approved application.

Reactions: Emprexx

mimi234

Apr 16, 2021
I also got the ready for visa email (PR applicant), I don't need to submit my passport just photocopies and the forms. For those who don't submit their passports, will they send the visa to my home address or maybe via email?
I am a little confuse because everyone is submitting passports but I don't need to as I'm from a country that doesn't need a visa to travel to Canada, so I'm wondering how will I get the COPR.

professorneo

Jul 30, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Based on reading this thread here’s a summary of recent processing times. I think most people in this thread are talking about PR stamp printing time but some don’t really specify. I have also included the details of my own submission for PR stamp and will update this page once I get my passport back.

Based on the list below, the worst processing time seen was 2 months but IRCC have actually quoted a 10-12 week waiting period to one of the users here.

SVM1993:
Submitted to IRCC: 29 April 2022
COPR received via email on 26 May 2022
Email that passport is done 22 June 2022 (2 months)
Andrewramia:
Submitted to IRCC 19 May 2022
Email that passport is done 6 July 2022 (2 month)
- Mittal_23 :
Submitted to IRCC: 20th May 2022
Sky86:
Submitted to IRCC 24 May 2022
Email that passport is done 22 June 2022 (1 Month)
- Kelvinlly:
Submitted to IRCC: End of May 2022
Email that passport is done: Beginning of July 2022 (1.5 Month)
- Aonanuga002:
Submitted to IRCC: 1 June 2022
Myself:
Submitted to IRCC: 14th June 2022
Hapuhapu123:
Submitted to IRCC: 11th July 2022

Feedback received by svm1993 that the waiting time is 10-12 weeks for visa printing

It would be great if other members who recently received their passports could share their submission date and passport return date to help us manage our expectations.

abhgi191

Oct 19, 2020
Hi, I also have received a request for passport submission. Do I need to send only the following documents as mentioned in the document - print of the request letter, passport, 2 photographs ?
To what address should I send this package and what fees do I need to pay if any and how? I am a bit lost in all this. Can anyone point me to the right direction. Thanks a lot :)

professorneo

Jul 30, 2022
You can find all the info on the VAC London website (better check there as I did this two months ago). In short, What I needed to send:
1- Whatever was requested in your request letter
2- The request letter
3- VFS waiver form or something (from the website)
4- Your return address and your email and phone number
5- Proof of payment of all the fees

The fees needed are on the website. I think these were:
1- The single way package return fees (The cost of the VAC returning your passport to you) (you can include a paid return envelope instead if you prefer. Just make sure it's valid and trackable)
2- Packet transmission costs (It's basically the cost of the VAC sending your passport to the emabassy. Not everyone has to pay it. Check on the VAC website)
3- The fees for SMS and email tracking. It's not compulsory but I highly recommend it as your passport will be gone for a very long time.

We don't know exactly how long is the waiting time but so far people have been getting it back after three months. It could become worse so plan for the worst.

professorneo

Jul 30, 2022
Submitted passport 14th June and IRCC portal was updated with application approved and counterfoil generated on the 6th of August.