Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
I think there's no harm in getting it renewed. You never know when you need it to travel outside the country and where your application would be at that time. Better be save than sorry. As for whether we should inform them, I am pretty sure I have read somewhere that we should inform if we are out of country for more than 2 weeks. Again, it's for communication purposes. Because if you get invite to test and then you reschedule, it takes months to get new date. So I'd say that being proactive would be better. It's your choice in the end. Whichever you think is best for your application.
Thanks bro! I also think it is safe to renew.

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
7 FEB 2012 RCVD BY OTAWWA ON 24 FEB
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
16 APRIL 2012 SENT ON 23 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
visa for family issued on 25 april and for me on 10 may
LANDED..........
My journey is now completed . Finished the ceremony today and it is such a great feeling . I know it’s taking longer but have patience and soon you all will see this day too

All the very best to you all who are patiently waiting

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
My journey is now completed . Finished the ceremony today and it is such a great feeling . I know it’s taking longer but have patience and soon you all will see this day too

All the very best to you all who are patiently waiting
Congratulations! Enjoy this moment and keep the certificate safe :D

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
You absolutely HAVE to tell them because if you don't and you're stuck, it could halt your timeline altogether- plus, the IRCC asks you to inform them of any and all travel plans; I think it's taken into account against your application, but I am not entirely sure about that so don't quote me on it. Also... I mean, at this point, you could also get the test invite while you're out of the country too, which would royally suck.
Hey. I found a link where it clearly says that you HAVE to inform if you are out of the country for two weeks in a row. Check the following link,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

It says,

"Asking questions about your application
While we process your application, only contact us if you:

• change your address
  • are charged with a crime
  • plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row
Under Canadian privacy law, we can’t give information about your application to anyone but you unless you consent in writing."

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks all!

Thanks! What did you bring to the test? Did you just bring the original documents that you sent copies of or did you bring everything, including a copy of the application?
You will need the invite, and all original documents submitted along with your application along with passport.

You do not need to take copy of application

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Alright, so sorry for the wait, but I did post this in the February 2018 applicants thread.

Test Date and Time: Feb 20th, 2019 @ 9:20am

Total Time: 2 hours approximately

Documents I Brought:
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR)
  • Permanent Resident Card (PR card)
  • English language proof I submitted with my application (my Ontario Secondary School transcript)
  • My expired travel document I landed with (my US passport book)
  • My valid travel document from my home country (my US passport card)
  • Notice to Appear: To Write The Citizenship Test (all pages, signed and dated as required)
  • My marriage certificate (the short form version)
  • My Ontario Photo Card
  • MISSING: My OHIP card

My Experience:

I went to the IRCC building on Exeter Rd. The entrance is at the furthest left and has two sets of doors. My husband and I arrived, and I decided to leave my cell phone and my purse in the car. I grabbed my green folder with my documents in it and walked in.

There were about 10-15 people waiting there for the test/interview as well. There are bathrooms there too. Eventually, an IRCC officer came to the desk and asked us (the test takers) to line up and show him our PR cards. So I get in line and do so. After we do so, he asks for those exempt from the test and checks them in.

Eventually we are led into the test taking area. We were immediately asked to keep everything from that point onward confidential- so no test spoilers, sorry! What I CAN say is I was the 3rd or 4th one done once it started- and that was after taking another look at my answers to ensure I got the best possible answer for each question.

We were asked to wait in the lobby area again for the interview portion. A couple who finished before me were sitting near the interview rooms (there are two) talking about the test and what was on it.... go figure. The lobby area seemed to be fuller than when we all went in, so I'm guessing they wre early arrivals for the next test appointment? I don't know.

Eventually two IRCC officers calls people into the rooms- married couples are called in together. To give you an idea of how long I was waiting: I arrived at 8:50am, started the test around 9:30am and then finished after 11am. During that time, we were told to have our Ontario Photo Cards, CoPRs, and health cards out... uh oh, I forgot my health card! When my name is eventually called, I was asked questions about my application.They asked to see my documents, which I showed. I explained I didn't bring my health card since I felt I was providing more than enough documentation, and upon offering to recite my health card number and version code, they said it should be okay. She then told me my score on the citizenship test (20/20, yeah!) and verbally asked me if I had committed any offences that would prevent me from becoming a citizen. I said no (in a humorous way) and then they had me sign something essentially saying I have no prohibitions to keep me from taking the oath and said I would get the oath invitation soon. I was then free to leave.

General Advice:
  1. Do NOT bring your family in with you (if they are not there for any IRCC related reasons): There are very few chairs in the waiting area and unless your friend/family member has a reason to be there with you (such as they're taking the test too or they have to be there for an interview), leave them at home. If you have kids, leave them with a sitter. If you can't make the appointment because you don't have childcare, call IRCC and reschedule the test.
  2. Bring a small snack and a water bottle: I was there for 2 hours and felt really thirsty and was a little hungry.
  3. DO NOT LEAVE THE BUILDING WHILE WAITING FOR THE INTERVIEW: The doors are initially unlocked, but once the test starts, they are locked and you need to buzz in to be let back in. Just make sure you have everything with you the first time and just sit tight.
  4. Don't worry about the test: The worst thing that could happen is you fail the test. If you fail, you simply re-take the test and if you fail that, you just attend a hearing with a citizenship judge.
  5. OPTIONAL- Leave your cell phone and purse/bag in the car or at home: While there were people who had bags and purses and their cell phones, I will stress that you want to give the IRCC officers ZERO excuse to think you're cheating on the test.
  6. Dress nicely: This may seem like a no-brainer, but you really should put some effort into your look that day; you are attending an interview after all!
Feel free to ask me questions if you like. I CANNOT answer any questions about the test though, but I can give you some general advice on how I studied for it.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Alright, so sorry for the wait, but I did post this in the February 2018 applicants thread.

Feel free to ask me questions if you like. I CANNOT answer any questions about the test though, but I can give you some general advice on how I studied for it.
Thanks SideshowLoki for the detailed account of your experience. I hope you get the oath invite soon and others get their test invitation soon as well. Seems like London is sending invites in the 11th month after they receive applications. Good luck for you oath invite :)