20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
16 APRIL 2012 SENT ON 23 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
visa for family issued on 25 april and for me on 10 may
LANDED..........
Oh hi abedi555!
Hi ,

I hope you get your test invite soon. All the best to you. Before my test I called CIC and they gave me the test date .Once the information was updated on ECAS it stated as they sent me the notice on Oct 16th but I didn’t receive the email until Nov 1. Don’t just wait for the update. Call or email them as sometimes they have it set but some reason the information is not updated

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
That's correct . There were 30 of us on the day of test and I was assured everything was completed and I should expect invite soon. Status is still in process and I sent enquiry through web form but received generic response . Process ha slowed down for London residents
I was hoping not to have Toronto or Mississauga as my office as they are slow. Didn't know that London would be even slower. Seems like the average time to invitation is 6 months after In Process.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi ,

I hope you get your test invite soon. All the best to you. Before my test I called CIC and they gave me the test date .Once the information was updated on ECAS it stated as they sent me the notice on Oct 16th but I didn’t receive the email until Nov 1. Don’t just wait for the update. Call or email them as sometimes they have it set but some reason the information is not updated
I agree. One call or web inquiry doesn't hurt.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
I am a new applicant. My application went in process just yesterday. But I know someone from London who applied in April and haven't heard back after the acknowledgement. When a web form was submitted, they said that it's under 12 months so just wait.
I am new too. My application changed to In Process on Nov. 20th. I am planning a trip to home country in March and I hate to receive the test invite while I am on my trip. That's why I am trying to find out how long on average it takes in London to get test invitation.

Good luck to all of you and please keep this thread alive. Don't forget to update us if you hear anything.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
I am new too. My application changed to In Process on Nov. 20th. I am planning a trip to home country in March and I hate to receive the test invite while I am on my trip. That's why I am trying to find out how long on average it takes in London to get test invitation.

Good luck to all of you and please keep this thread alive. Don't forget to update us if you hear anything.
May be you can ask for urgent processing based on your circumstances. Worth a try.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Hi ,

I just sent them a webform inquiry. If I hear nothing back after 10 business days, I'm giving them a call. I figure by this point the application will go over the processing time if they don't get the test invite to me by the end of the month; that's assuming it takes 3 months or more to receive the oath invitation.

Last edited:

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
I just sent them a webform inquiry. If I hear nothing back after 10 business days, I'm giving a call. I figure by this point the application will go over the processing time if they don't get the test invite to me by the end of the month; that's assuming it takes 3 months or more to receive the oath invitation.
Hopefully you will hear good news before Christmas :)

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Got a response from my webform inquiry.

"Good day <SideshowLoki>,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are happy to provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in London. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
  • The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.
  • We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.
In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website for the estimated processing time and for the steps following the submission of a Citizenship application.

Although the estimated time may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application within established processing times.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Lastly, we would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

<Agent's name and Number>
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html"
So essentially I got a canned response. What makes this entire thing worse is that I've been here in Canada for the past 13 years, so it's not like I don't meet the requirements.

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
7 FEB 2012 RCVD BY OTAWWA ON 24 FEB
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Got a response from my webform inquiry.

So essentially I got a canned response. What makes this entire thing worse is that I've been here in Canada for the past 13 years, so it's not like I don't meet the requirements.
Hope for the best and just wait . That's all we can do . Unfortunately London office is processing very slowly and there is no way to expedite the process

Enjoy the moment and before you know it you will be a citizen

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
7 FEB 2012 RCVD BY OTAWWA ON 24 FEB
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In January we have citizenship ceremony on Jan 17th . Please update if anyone starts receiving oath invites for this date