Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dannyca said:
Great news!
I received my positive LMO few minutes ago ( We applied on Nov 15 by fax) !

Uff.. i was so worried:)

Does anyone know what kind of papers should I have if i wanna cross the border and get this extension there?

Thank you guys!
Congrats dannyca!!!

Does this mean your 90 days to restore your status is already over that's why you want to apply for work permit in the border?
When did your original work permit expired?

dannyca

Aug 16, 2011
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
Congrats dannyca!!!

Does this mean your 90 days to restore your status is already over that's why you want to apply for work permit in the border?
When did your original work permit expired?
Thank you!

My visa will expire on April 4th and the processing time is 12 days, so my visa will expire... also I'm going to Europe on April 3th ... so if I will wait until CIC will process my application for WP, my visa will expire and then I'm not sure how i can go back...

If I will cross the border i can get my WP there and i will be sure that on my way back they will not refuse me...

Does anyone can give me an advice?

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
I can't give advice on a border run other than I did it last year with my IEC visa. I brought the documents I received saying I had been offered a visa and my passport. Took 15 minutes!

dannyca

Aug 16, 2011
murphn24 said:
I can't give advice on a border run other than I did it last year with my IEC visa. I brought the documents I received saying I had been offered a visa and my passport. Took 15 minutes!
Yeah... i came here on IEC too, so i remember it was just few simple questions and done.

If anyone can help, my questions:
1) What kind of documents should i take... only LMO+150$+passport with my old WP ? Do i need to take any documents about my education ? I don't wanna miss anything.
2) If i decided to extend my WP on the border, can I do this in Niagara Falls?
3) On my LMO this employment time is only 1 year... so that means i can extend my WP only for one year? or they can decide to extend for longer time ?
4) If my employer didn't say that i will enter to Canada in Niagara Falls (in this LMO application) can I do this? ( Right now I'm inside Canada )
5) To extend my WP i have to pay 150$ can I do on the border?

Big thank you for any help!!!

hjshsa

Mar 8, 2012
Good news for me!
My LMO is approved yesterday and mine was submitted on Dec. 6.
I hope you get a good news soon.
Thanks.

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
An update on my case:
Work permit expired oon Jan 8.
Application submitted on Jan 6
LMO submitted on Jan 6 in Ontario
Work permit refused on March 7, since LMO was not received on time.
Now waiting for LMO to restore status.
:( just waiting...

Foxxy

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/5/2012
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
n/a
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06/16/2012
Med's Done....
06/18/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
9/7/2012
LANDED..........
12/08/2012
Hi guys and gals,

Congratulations to the persons who have received their +ve LMO's! (Gives me a lot of hope!)

I have a couple questions!

1) Is a file number assigned to your LMO application upon receipt by HSRDC?
2) Are LMO processed according to NOC codes or according to the order they are received. ( This may be a tough one to answer, but someone on the forum may just know)

Thank in advance
Foxxy! 8)

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Foxxy said:
Hi guys and gals,

Congratulations to the persons who have received their +ve LMO's! (Gives me a lot of hope!)

I have a couple questions!

1) Is a file number assigned to your LMO application upon receipt by HSRDC?
2) Are LMO processed according to NOC codes or according to the order they are received. ( This may be a tough one to answer, but someone on the forum may just know)

Thank in advance
Foxxy! 8)
Hi Foxxy,

1) Accdg to my lawyer, a file number will be given once your application is assigned to a Case Processing Officer. This means when SC receives the LMO application you will not automatically receive a file number.

2) There's not too enough data in this forum to conclude that the basis for processing is accdg to NOC codes or the order it is received. One thing I do notice is your application is being looked at once you call SC to update on the status of the LMO.

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received an email from my lawyer.....received an approved LMO ....hurray!!!! :D :D :D

Here's my timeline:

Submitted LMO to SC : Dec 16, 2011
Submitted Work Permit extension : Dec 19, 2011
Work Permit Expired : Dec 30, 2011
Received work permit extension refusal : Feb 3, 2012
Received LMO file number : Feb 22, 2012 (10th week)
Lawyer called SC to ask for status : Mar 9, 2012 (13th week)
SC called employer about Job Offer: Mar 12, 2012
Received LMO approval from SC : Mar 21, 2012 (14 weeks + 3 days)
NOC Code: 2171

Now we have to file for restoration.

Foxxy

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/5/2012
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
n/a
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06/16/2012
Med's Done....
06/18/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
9/7/2012
LANDED..........
12/08/2012
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
Hi Foxxy,

1) Accdg to my lawyer, a file number will be given once your application is assigned to a Case Processing Officer. This means when SC receives the LMO application you will not automatically receive a file number.

2) There's not too enough data in this forum to conclude that the basis for processing is accdg to NOC codes or the order it is received. One thing I do notice is your application is being looked at once you call SC to update on the status of the LMO.

Thanks Hope4Maple leaf
Maybe I need to get my employer to give SC a call!.......and congrats on receiving you LMO! ;D

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
I just received an email from my lawyer.....received an approved LMO ....hurray!!!! :D :D :D

Here's my timeline:

Submitted LMO to SC : Dec 16, 2011
Submitted Work Permit extension : Dec 19, 2011
Work Permit Expired : Dec 30, 2011
Received work permit extension refusal : Feb 3, 2012
Received LMO file number : Feb 22, 2012 (10th week)
Lawyer called SC to ask for status : Mar 9, 2012 (13th week)
SC called employer about Job Offer: Mar 12, 2012
Received LMO approval from SC : Mar 21, 2012 (14 weeks + 3 days)
NOC Code: 2171

Now we have to file for restoration.
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your timelines.
Good luck in restoration.

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
lucas52 said:
Average salary could be rejected, what i want to tell you is all about up to your luck

good luck
Thanks for your reply Lucas52. Is there anyone else who think my LMO will be rejected if my salary is 13cents (per hour) less than average wage? Are you sure this small amount will make that much of a difference?

My Scenario: Averege wage for my job is $22.90/ hour and I earn $22.77/hour.

Anyone's reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi hithere,

SC will call your employer regarding this discrepancy and they will ask if your employer is willing to increase your rate to what the prevailing average wage rate is. Once your employer says 'yes', they should provide a new job offer with the increased salary rate and your LMO is good to go. This is exactly what my situation was and I got positive LMO after 1 week of SC's call. '

Hope this helps.

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
hi hithere,

SC will call your employer regarding this discrepancy and they will ask if your employer is willing to increase your rate to what the prevailing average wage rate is. Once your employer says 'yes', they should provide a new job offer with the increased salary rate and your LMO is good to go. This is exactly what my situation was and I got positive LMO after 1 week of SC's call. '

Hope this helps.
Is it necessary that wages needs to be shown on "per hour basis"? My employer showed a lump sum amount of 45k per year on the job offer. Any complications?

Thanks

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
hi hithere,

Hope this helps.
thanks for your help Hope4MapleLeaf. what if my employer is not ready to increase the salary? will 13 cents per hour will change the result of my application??