+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

synbio

Nov 6, 2011
Hi Goldenarm,

sorry to confuse u,,,on august i fill out some documents needed for LMO and working permit.
they are application of WP made outside of Canada,use of representative,application of temporary resident visa made of outside canada, and some application about family member, is that all document for LMO processing?

and today i got a news, that my agency in canada will bring our LMO this month,
is that correct to received a LMO without sign on job offer first and go straight away with visa processing?
first, 10 of my friend already sign on their job offer, while mine is not coming yet, the agency said they will bring it together with our LMO.
i never sign a job offer, can my LMO be issued?? or the job offer come along with LMO?

thanks
S

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
synbio said:
Hi Goldenarm,

sorry to confuse u,,,on august i fill out some documents needed for LMO and working permit.
they are application of WP made outside of Canada,use of representative,application of temporary resident visa made of outside canada, and some application about family member, is that all document for LMO processing?

and today i got a news, that my agency in canada will bring our LMO this month,
is that correct to received a LMO without sign on job offer first and go straight away with visa processing?
first, 10 of my friend already sign on their job offer, while mine is not coming yet, the agency said they will bring it together with our LMO.
i never sign a job offer, can my LMO be issued?? or the job offer come along with LMO?

thanks
S
OK, I understand now.
Those forms aren't part of the LMO application, they are part of the WP application.

I believe companies can apply for an LMO without having a specific foreign worker already signed up to fill the position, but I could be wrong.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You're correct:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/temp_workers.shtml

GoldenArm said:
OK, I understand now.
Those forms aren't part of the LMO application, they are part of the WP application.

I believe companies can apply for an LMO without having a specific foreign worker already signed up to fill the position, but I could be wrong.

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
Hey guys /Gals,

My employer has applied for an LMO 3413 - Nurse Aides in NOV 2011. How long does it takes to get the outcome, but I havent signed my contract papers. Can the employer do so ? Do LMO are granted in general or in the particular name of the applicant, can individual LMO be used for more than 1 applicant.

please suggest I am worried.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Contract is usually needed unless the employer submitted an application for LMO with out having identified the prospective employee. So if the LMO comes out positive, it will not have your name on it.

MARCHIE said:
Hey guys /Gals,

My employer has applied for an LMO 3413 - Nurse Aides in NOV 2011. How long does it takes to get the outcome, but I havent signed my contract papers. Can the employer do so ? Do LMO are granted in general or in the particular name of the applicant, can individual LMO be used for more than 1 applicant.

please suggest I am worried.

Antony17

Aug 9, 2011
Hi,

An oil company in Alberta has applied for an LMO for me on the 24th September, anybody know what the total processing time is? They had a fax after 3 weeks to say application had been recieved and getting processed.
The waiting is killing me!

Kind regards

Antony

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
Dear Job seeker,

How will i know that the LMO is genuine coz if i apply for work permit in india after getting the LMO, has my name need to be endorsed on the LMO. There are 40 NURSES who have applied for the nursing aide job for canada.
please suggest and advice.

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
10 weeks since my company submitted the LMO application. No word from them yet. My employer gave me the file # to be able to apply for the work permit. is this normal? is it a bad sign?

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
justtheme said:
10 weeks since my company submitted the LMO application. No word from them yet. My employer gave me the file # to be able to apply for the work permit. is this normal? is it a bad sign?
It's not a bad sign, but it probably only enables you to fill out the paperwork.

One of the senior members might know better than me, but I'd be reluctant to actually send the application in without the positive LMO. They are probably just as likely to send it back because the application is "incomplete".

gymbunny

Nov 15, 2011
My employer send out the application on 14th of September to the Toronto office. I am still waiting now as well. When my employer phoned she was given the file number and date it was received which was only on the 30th of September.
Been waiting for 9 weeks now, I suspect it will probably take another 2-3 weeks. Just hope it will in time for Christmas as otherwise I am sure there will be even more delays..
Justtheme, did you're file get recieved on the 7th of September or was it mailed on that date?

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
GoldenArm said:
It's not a bad sign, but it probably only enables you to fill out the paperwork.

One of the senior members might know better than me, but I'd be reluctant to actually send the application in without the positive LMO. They are probably just as likely to send it back because the application is "incomplete".
Nah, Service Canada advised me to send it without the LMO but including the LMO file #. That can only be done if the work permit is 2 weeks away from expiring, which was my case. I already submitted the WP with no LMO. Hopefully it will be positive!

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
gymbunny said:
My employer send out the application on 14th of September to the Toronto office. I am still waiting now as well. When my employer phoned she was given the file number and date it was received which was only on the 30th of September.
Been waiting for 9 weeks now, I suspect it will probably take another 2-3 weeks. Just hope it will in time for Christmas as otherwise I am sure there will be even more delays..
Justtheme, did you're file get recieved on the 7th of September or was it mailed on that date?
It was received by them on that date.

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
justtheme said:
Nah, Service Canada advised me to send it without the LMO but including the LMO file #. That can only be done if the work permit is 2 weeks away from expiring, which was my case. I already submitted the WP with no LMO. Hopefully it will be positive!
Hi.. You made it right.. You can apply for WP renewal even without the actual LMO yet, provided you have the file number or proof of LMO application from employer. You can actually do this if your existing WP is expiring in a month.. But make sure to phone the CPC Vegreville once your employer furnished you with the positive LMO from Service Canada, and advise them of the LMO Confirmation. You must receive the positive LMO within the processing time for WP renewal, and based on your timelines, I'm positive you will get it with no worries at all..

Good luck... ;D

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
justtheme said:
Ah I see - you are extending an existing WP rather than applying for a new one. That's different. You should be fine.

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
Please help. My new employer applied for LMO last Sept3. It has been 10 weeks already.. I got a problem because a month ago (Oct.14), I already applied for new WP (new employer) even without the LMO (just the proof of application) because my previous WP was expiring prior to Oct. 14. The CPC-V will decide on my WP application most probably on the 1st week of December. What if I have not received the LMO 'til December? My WP application will be denied, I guess? What do you think must I do now? I am quite worried. Do you think my LMO will arrive prior to December 8?

Does anyone of you know somebody who encountered getting LMO for Ontario for more than 12 weeks? huh, I hope there's none...