+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA PROCESSING TIME

Chead

Oct 29, 2018
Hi Chead, how many time did you extend your visa? My friend did it twice and not sure if we are allowed to extend the visa for the 3rd time
Hello I did not extend my visa , I am waiting for my lmia for my previous employer and this January I am planning for my restoration because my employer haven’t receive any calls or interview from cic once the cic interview my employer it will takes 2 weeks to send the hard copy of lmia and then I need to apply for a new work permit , from my experienced I don’t need to extend my visa even if it’s expired because I’m not going outside Canada , but if you plan to go outside Canada then u need to get a new visa , I’m not sure if just basing from my experienced

Chead

Oct 29, 2018
Hi cherry I know it’s hard for us and to everybody whose waiting for the lmia let us all pray that god will give us other chance to continue work here as he knows our family needs our support , my employer called my agent and she said that she called the cic then they said our papers was on someone’s desk, we were so confused if it’s someones desk we applied last July 27 and until now no calls and no update from them as u have said no officers? But why no officers?

cherryblossomlover

Jun 16, 2014
I actually dont have idea too, everytime we ask for updates thats what the agent always tells us no officers. But my employer says if they’re gonna refused it why are they making it too long if just in case theyre gonna refuse it. Its the first time that it happened to her too.

Crystalmaid

Dec 17, 2018
dont have idea too, everytime we ask for updates thats what the agent always tells us no officers. But my employer says if they’re gonna refused it why are they making it too long if just in case theyre gonna refuse it. Its the first time that it happened to her too.
So for how long did you get your file no.?

Chead

Oct 29, 2018
Merry Christmas guys!! Can anyone help me on how to apply restoration if work permit by paper pls thank you

Rene77

Feb 10, 2018
I applied for Lmia in March , with a month of advertising. I haven’t got any response till now . It’s been 7-8 months and my employer is saying he can’t help me out in anything as well coz this is first time it’s taking so long . Is there any way I can contact service Canada to get information regarding my case .

Thanks
hi did you get your lmia now my employer applied for my lmia last july but till now no lmia

Rene77

Feb 10, 2018
Hi cherry I know it’s hard for us and to everybody whose waiting for the lmia let us all pray that god will give us other chance to continue work here as he knows our family needs our support , my employer called my agent and she said that she called the cic then they said our papers was on someone’s desk, we were so confused if it’s someones desk we applied last July 27 and until now no calls and no update from them as u have said no officers? But why no officers?
same with me my employer applied for my lmia last july but until now no lmia result

Gev Ian

Jan 2, 2019
Hi, i am also waiting for my LMIA, my employer applied last August and i am still waiting for the result. I'm already registered as domestic foreign worker.

Optimux

Jan 4, 2019
Santo Domingo
Hi. My employer in QC is aplying for NOC 2175 which is currently is the list of professions for facilitated LMIA. The agent just contacted MIDI in Dec supposedly to request authorization to formally file under the facilitated process for this NOC. How long it usually takes for a positive answer from MIDI to then formalize the facilitated LMIA request? After that, how long would it take to complete the process considering that QC requires to also have a CSQ which adds a few more weeks to the process? Thank you all. This forum is a lifesaver.

Davey91

Jan 10, 2019
My employer applied 25th of May for my LMIA, iv received the file number, but no reply yet. My visa has ended on Oct 10 and I've applied to restore my status to holiday . Im really worried now, my agent has escelated the process three times and ive not been able to work since Oct 10 . It's just ridiculous how long the wait is at this point