+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA PROCESSING TIME

Dima 007

Jan 11, 2019
Can anyone please tell me how much time it takes to release the LMIA after approval?

Since I have applied in Paper, do I will receive hard copy or only via email only ?

SKP1992

Mar 17, 2014
canada
Hi, i am also waiting for my LMIA, my employer applied last August and i am still waiting for the result. I'm already registered as domestic foreign worker.
Oh God. My employer applied on Oct 25th. I applied for work permit extension soon after. My work permit application got rejected and am waiting for my LMIA so I can apply for restoration. Why do they take so long? I hope everyone gets an answer soon. Yes or No, whatever it may be....

SKP1992

Mar 17, 2014
canada
My employer applied 25th of May for my LMIA, iv received the file number, but no reply yet. My visa has ended on Oct 10 and I've applied to restore my status to holiday . Im really worried now, my agent has escelated the process three times and ive not been able to work since Oct 10 . It's just ridiculous how long the wait is at this point
Davey,

could you explain the restoration process. What do you mean holiday? Im in the same boat as you are. I need to apply for restoration but I am waiting for my LMIA to do so.

Davey91

Jan 10, 2019
Davey,

could you explain the restoration process. What do you mean holiday? Im in the same boat as you are. I need to apply for restoration but I am waiting for my LMIA to do so.
Davey,

When your visa expires . You have 90 days from the date of expiration to apply to restore/Change your status to a holiday/visitor status. But you cannot work whilst on this visa.

I'm still waiting for my reply for my change of status. Just want to give myself more time here until I get a reply for the lmia. It is nearly 8 months that ago since my employer applied. Hopefully they hear back any day now

SKP1992

Mar 17, 2014
canada
When your visa expires . You have 90 days from the date of expiration to apply to restore/Change your status to a holiday/visitor status. But you cannot work whilst on this visa.

I'm still waiting for my reply for my change of status. Just want to give myself more time here until I get a reply for the lmia. It is nearly 8 months that ago since my employer applied. Hopefully they hear back any day now
THanks for the reply. I tried to do that but the questionnaire ends with CIC telling me that I have to wait for my LMIA to apply for a permit. What do I choose to apply for the restoration?

Preetu73

Jan 11, 2019
Yes im super worried too. Hopefully this week we’d get the call that we expect and hopefully its a positive one. I dont have much time left too. My employer is very postive about it she’s giving me a push, but you still cant help but to be worried. Cross fingers here for everyone of us who has the same situation. God is good!
Yes im super worried too. Hopefully this week we’d get the call that we expect and hopefully its a positive one. I dont have much time left too. My employer is very postive about it she’s giving me a push, but you still cant help but to be worried. Cross fingers here for everyone of us who has the same situation. God is good!
I m in same situation too . My employer applied on July and I m still waiting .

Pilipinas16

Jan 30, 2019
I applied for Lmia in March , with a month of advertising. I haven’t got any response till now . It’s been 7-8 months and my employer is saying he can’t help me out in anything as well coz this is first time it’s taking so long . Is there any way I can contact service Canada to get information regarding my case .

Thanks
Excluding advertisement tine frame, mine only took almost 2 months

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Hi. My employer in QC is aplying for NOC 2175 which is currently is the list of professions for facilitated LMIA. The agent just contacted MIDI in Dec supposedly to request authorization to formally file under the facilitated process for this NOC. How long it usually takes for a positive answer from MIDI to then formalize the facilitated LMIA request? After that, how long would it take to complete the process considering that QC requires to also have a CSQ which adds a few more weeks to the process? Thank you all. This forum is a lifesaver.

Any news? updates?

Rex cao

Apr 8, 2019
Oh God. My employer applied on Oct 25th. I applied for work permit extension soon after. My work permit application got rejected and am waiting for my LMIA so I can apply for restoration. Why do they take so long? I hope everyone gets an answer soon. Yes or No, whatever it may be....
Wow, I get the same situation as u. But my work permit got rejected because the Lmia
Takes about 8 months. Now, my restoration 90 days almost gone, how can I do?

Rex cao

Apr 8, 2019
Wow, I get the same situation as u. But my work permit got rejected because the Lmia
Takes about 8 months. Now, my restoration 90 days almost gone, how can I do?
The lawyer said I can change my state as visitor, but I have to cross aboard to do the fingerprint like going to us or back to my country, it’s that right. I scared when I am back to my country I can’t come back. But I don’t have us visa

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Hi. My employer in QC is aplying for NOC 2175 which is currently is the list of professions for facilitated LMIA. The agent just contacted MIDI in Dec supposedly to request authorization to formally file under the facilitated process for this NOC. How long it usually takes for a positive answer from MIDI to then formalize the facilitated LMIA request? After that, how long would it take to complete the process considering that QC requires to also have a CSQ which adds a few more weeks to the process? Thank you all. This forum is a lifesaver.
Hello, any updates? or news about your case?
thanks