+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA PROCESSING TIME

Hanif12345

Oct 29, 2018
Hi i have an lmia which is valid till dec and i have canada visit visa to And right now im in Pakistan so how much time it takes if i apply online work permit

karthik1011

Jul 19, 2020
Hi,
My employer applied GTS LMIA on June 15 2020, but still, they are not getting any response from immigration. usually GTS LMIA we can get within 14 days processing time.

Anyone on the same page.

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hi,
My employer applied GTS LMIA on June 15 2020, but still, they are not getting any response from immigration. usually GTS LMIA we can get within 14 days processing time.

Anyone on the same page.
Are you done with your biometrics? And where did you apply from?

karthik1011

Jul 19, 2020
Are you done with your biometrics? And where did you apply from?
Honestly, I don't know the process.

I thought.

Employer side :

1 - They will submit my application to immigration.
2 - once Employer got positive LMIA. they will provide the LMIA number to me.

My side (Employee):

1 - I have to apply work permit to VFS (VFS they will get my biometrics and process my permit )

this is my understanding, could please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

MAG1309

Aug 25, 2020
Hi,

Anyone on the same page.
Hi Karthik, Any news on your LMIA application yet. Mine was applied on 27th July. Please let me know if your employer has received a positive one and how many days it took? I would be able to get a guess on my processing time as per yours.
Please do reply.

rapirap

Sep 8, 2020
Hi i have an lmia which is valid till dec and i have canada visit visa to And right now im in Pakistan so how much time it takes if i apply online work permit
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but just wanted to ask how your employer handled your LMIA application? Because the process requires them to post an ad for the job position and explain why they didn't hire those who have applied. Did your employer have to turn down even those qualified applicants for you?

Edit:
I'm a graphic designer / Front-end designer. Not exactly a brain surgeon and I would admit there are a lot of people who can do the same work that I do if not better.