+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA PROCESSING TIME

Ash02

Aug 13, 2018
I applied for Lmia in March , with a month of advertising. I haven’t got any response till now . It’s been 7-8 months and my employer is saying he can’t help me out in anything as well coz this is first time it’s taking so long . Is there any way I can contact service Canada to get information regarding my case .

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Only your employer can contact services Canada since they were the ones who applied for the LMIA.

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Thanks for your reply but does it take this long .i am really worried now .
It usually does not take more than 6 months, however, off-late there has been significant delays in their approval process. What is ur NOC and where have you applied for your LMIA?

Ash02

Aug 13, 2018
NOC CODE = 0631
Place = Ontario
Some of my friends applied in same noc code got it earlier than me . Are there chances of refusal as well ?

Reactions: iyerkartik

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
NOC CODE = 0631
Place = Ontario
Some of my friends applied in same noc code got it earlier than me . Are there chances of refusal as well ?
There definitely are chances of refusal as well, but it all depends on the interview (with your employee). However, the chances of refusal is rare. There is no exact science to this process. I have been waiting for my approval for more than 3 months now and I always get the response that my application is in a queue. Waiting for the LMIA approval is like watching paint dry. Nothing we/employees can do about it than wait.

Ash02

Aug 13, 2018
Hi , thanks for your response.
I have received letter from service Canada saying ‘ the application you applied is received ‘how long it takes after this to receive the letter and confirmation letter ?
Thanks

Reactions: Chead

kamal25

Oct 16, 2018
Hi , thanks for your response.
I have received letter from service Canada saying ‘ the application you applied is received ‘how long it takes after this to receive the letter and confirmation letter ?
Thanks
i received this letter in July and m still waiting for a phone call.

Roberto Sandin Sell

Nov 26, 2018
[QUOTE = "Ash02, post: 7156236, member: 784828"] Candidatei-me a Lmia em março, com um mês de publicidade. Eu não tenho nenhuma resposta até agora. Tem sido 7-8 meses e meu empregador está dizendo que ele não pode me ajudar em nada também porque esta é a primeira vez que está demorando tanto. Existe alguma maneira que eu possa entrar em contato com o serviço do Canadá para obter informações sobre o meu caso.

Obrigado [/ QUOTE]
Hello. .do foi have any
I applied for Lmia in March , with a month of advertising. I haven’t got any response till now . It’s been 7-8 months and my employer is saying he can’t help me out in anything as well coz this is first time it’s taking so long . Is there any way I can contact service Canada to get information regarding my case .

Thanks
Hi- do you have any news about your process?

cherryblossomlover

Jun 16, 2014
I have the same situation too applied lmia last may and still have no result, the service canada says theres no officer available to handle the application. I dont know why its taking so long too

Sabrina1980

Oct 21, 2018

Thanks
Did yu get any response?

Chead

Oct 29, 2018
I have the same situation too applied lmia last may and still have no result, the service canada says theres no officer available to handle the application. I dont know why its taking so long too
The same situation here my employer applied last July 27 and my employer still waiting for a call or for an interview I am too worried because I need to apply a restoration on January and the holidays are coming hope and pray that it will be alright

cherryblossomlover

Jun 16, 2014
The same situation here my employer applied last July 27 and my employer still waiting for a call or for an interview I am too worried because I need to apply a restoration on January and the holidays are coming hope and pray that it will be alright
Yes im super worried too. Hopefully this week we’d get the call that we expect and hopefully its a positive one. I dont have much time left too. My employer is very postive about it she’s giving me a push, but you still cant help but to be worried. Cross fingers here for everyone of us who has the same situation. God is good!

Sabrina1980

Oct 21, 2018
Hi Chead, how many time did you extend your visa? My friend did it twice and not sure if we are allowed to extend the visa for the 3rd time