+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA processing time - Alberta

cannn

Jan 18, 2013
Hello people!
please if anybody knows-I have few questions-our employer was told to send through email update for Tr.Plan he delay for few days and he want to send through fax. so my question is,will be any problem about delay and sending through fax, and what should can we expect.
tnx

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Guys, can anyone help? I read this information on a previous thread,but could not find anything at CIC website.

I am a Physiotherapist, currently working for a company that is starting my LMIA process. I am unfortunately not eligible for EE.
My current OWP expires in July. If, by any chance, my LMIA process is not done before my status expires, can I apply for an extension of my WP just with the LMIA file number?

If someone knows about this, please help! I am freaking out as I believe that time will be sooooo short.

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi Guys,

I need an immediate help. I paid some money to a consultant for job in canada.

He said the process was started in sep.2014 like advertisement, LMO application etc...

Waiting since sep.2014 and still no LMO results like positive or negative.

I have not signed any contract or employment offer letter with my employer. I haven't spoken or had any interview with my employer.

This consultancy also not given any proof of LMO application or any other proof showing the process is on track.

Whenever I call or meet the consultancy guy he says " everything on track and you will get LMO within a week" but nothing happened still now.

Almost waiting for 7 months and now i got a doubt wheaher he really started the process or simply lying to me.

How to identify LMO process is started and my application, employer are really genuine?

Please help me on this issue?

Thank you whoever post a reply

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does any one knows the recent processing times for LMIA in Alberta...

My employer applied yesterday 2nd April 2015...

Is it possible that I will get by end of this month or first week of May...

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
Does any one knows the recent processing times for LMIA in Alberta...

My employer applied yesterday 2nd April 2015...

Is it possible that I will get by end of this month or first week of May...
Which LMIA is it Krishna? LMIA for express entry or dual intent or for TFW ?

GPSiConsultant

Feb 25, 2015
Hi - question, does it make a difference in processing time for a TFW LMIA vs and EE LMIA or EE Dual Intent LMIA? I have been delayed for months on my own company's LMIA and I am not sure what the hold up is.

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
GPSiConsultant said:
Hi - question, does it make a difference in processing time for a TFW LMIA vs and EE LMIA or EE Dual Intent LMIA? I have been delayed for months on my own company's LMIA and I am not sure what the hold up is.
I'd be interested in this comparison too!
It seems lately the dual intent LMIA done in the last few months have been processed faster than some of us waiting on old applications.

I don't know if our employer did ours as dual intent or just TfW and we've been waiting since Sept 2014. Our last update was the end of March when they asked for name and contract and was told 7-10days which has been and gone even including public holidays at Easter.

We will want to use it for EE either way.

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Kiwisteph said:
I'd be interested in this comparison too!
It seems lately the dual intent LMIA done in the last few months have been processed faster than some of us waiting on old applications.

I don't know if our employer did ours as dual intent or just TfW and we've been waiting since Sept 2014. Our last update was the end of March when they asked for name and contract and was told 7-10days which has been and gone even including public holidays at Easter.

We will want to use it for EE either way.

Ours is a dual intent one which we have also been waiting on since September 2014. Company have said they should hopefully hear this week! not holding my breath but will be great if we do!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
GPSiConsultant said:
Hi. We applied last September and got our result in January of this year. I'm not sure if there is a difference in timelines for dual intent LMIAs but if there is, it is most likely because it is processed at a different center than those for TFW programs. The workload of the SC office has a big role to play in processing times.

GPSiConsultant

Feb 25, 2015
And sorry Butterflychemist - was yours dual intent? Or for TFW only?

I spoke to ESDC Today, and they indicated that if you had to do a compliance review, they are currently working on the compliance reviews received on Feb 24, 2015 still. And that they contradicted by saying that 8 weeks from the passing of the review until processed if eligible. It sucks!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
GPSiConsultant said:
And sorry Butterflychemist - was yours dual intent? Or for TFW only?

I spoke to ESDC Today, and they indicated that if you had to do a compliance review, they are currently working on the compliance reviews received on Feb 24, 2015 still. And that they contradicted by saying that 8 weeks from the passing of the review until processed if eligible. It sucks!
Yes. Dual intent

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
GPSiConsultant said:
I spoke to ESDC Today, and they indicated that if you had to do a compliance review, they are currently working on the compliance reviews received on Feb 24, 2015 still.
what exactly is that supposed to mean?
when are they doing and when not doing compliance review?

manu.chan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
johnny123 said:
what exactly is that supposed to mean?
when are they doing and when not doing compliance review?
Any updates guys..its 7 months done after file no recieved..losing hope

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
manu.chan said:
Any updates guys..its 7 months done after file no recieved..losing hope
Still here, still waiting. We are heading towards 8 months - stopped counting in weeks ages ago! Just keep telling ourselves it will be worth it but living in limbo is not good for our sanity!