+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Hfactor30

Jan 27, 2018
It is dual intent LMIA. For both work permit and PR
Mine is same, mine consultant also applied last year and i got the ISSUED LMIA in october but since then i have been waiting for approval, could anyone tell me how long does it take to approve LMIA ?

Kshah2302

May 5, 2019
Thanks got your reply .
Yes I have received an update but employer updated me later . Below is revised timeline pertaining LMIA in Ontario under NOC - 2174 ( Computer programmers and interactive media )

a) Applied - 25 September 2018
b) Interview - 23 April 2019
c) ESDC asked for review . Employer to provide
further evidence & supporting documents - 17 May 2019

Now Employer has to submit the documents within 30 days . Is this pattern normal ? Does review shows positive signs pertaining approval ?
Keeping fingers crossed .

Regards
It’s almost similar to me.

Are you sure they gave 30 days because in my case ESDC interview done on Friday 10th May and he told my employer to submit additional documents by Tuesday 14th May only. My employer submitted all additional documents on Tuesday and after that I am waiting for final result.
Finger crossed.

amanmann

Jan 20, 2019
Sent application dec 21,2018
Received application jan 03,, 2019
Interview is done today and it took only 15 mins. Officer asked for additional documents. Officer said she will send an email. We got the email an hour after interview. She asked for financial statements, business license, recruitment proof to be submitted within 2 days.

Last edited:

Ankit007

May 16, 2019
It’s almost similar to me.

Thanks got your reply .
Yes I have received an update but employer updated me later . Below is revised timeline pertaining LMIA in Ontario under NOC - 2174 ( Computer programmers and interactive media )

a) Applied - 25 September 2018
b) Interview - 23 April 2019
c) ESDC asked for review . Employer to provide
further evidence & supporting documents - 17 May 2019

Now Employer has to submit the documents within 30 days . Is this pattern normal ? Does review shows positive signs pertaining approval ?
Keeping fingers crossed .

Regards

Are you sure they gave 30 days because in my case ESDC interview done on Friday 10th May and he told my employer to submit additional documents by Tuesday 14th May only. My employer submitted all additional documents on Tuesday and after that I am waiting for final result.
Finger crossed.
I called my lawyer and confirmed that they are submitting documents by Wednesday . I don't know why lawyers keep changing there statements , maybe they are too busy to understand what we ask them .

What is your processing up to ? Best Wishes from my side .

Avvvi

Mar 26, 2019
Applied lmia 18 jan 2019
Application recieved and deduct money on 31 jan
Ontario
Noc b 1215 retail supervisor
No interview until now
Any idea how long it will takes ontario lmia process
Thanks
Hi, My application was received on Jan 24, 2019 Ontario, got the file number but still waiting for the interview. NOC 1241.

sz87

May 15, 2019
Bro it is taking around 9-10 months. Be prepared for a long wait
Why do we need to prepare for a long wait? Because I'm in the same situation too. My LMIA is taking 9 months now and service canada said it is still under processing. Why it take so long?

farzanmoscow

Dec 10, 2018
Why do we need to prepare for a long wait? Because I'm in the same situation too. My LMIA is taking 9 months now and service canada said it is still under processing. Why it take so long?
bro its up to service canada not we have to be prepare for long time some of them who already got within month max two month some getting delay its because may be they cross checking or its up to the officer too

Reactions: sz87

sz87

May 15, 2019
bro its up to service canada not we have to be prepare for long time some of them who already got within month max two month some getting delay its because may be they cross checking or its up to the officer too
Thanks for your reply, but some people told me that if there were some required documents or something is not right in the file, it is taking forever. That's why i'm worried.

farzanmoscow

Dec 10, 2018
if your application not complete they will not give you the file number..about taking delays now a days they have many application for Lmia

Reactions: sz87