+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Evins

Jun 14, 2018
Hi Chetan, Many thanks for your response. The one month period where the employer advertises the job offer is done, they actually took a month and a half to complete that process. Once this was done, the Employer (a reputed global firm) applied for my LMIA in mid May with my NOC. I haven’t really gotten a LMIA case number from them, but they’ve been regularly following up with Service Canada and keep getting the response that it’ll take an average of 8 weeks. Now 8 weeks are done and they’re saying that Service Canada is facing high volumes and hence it’s taking time. My employer is still awaiting an interview from LMIA team before positive LMIA is issued. Hoping for a quick outcome. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat. This wait is kinda agonising!
I don’t think this is true because I just the lmia number from employee for confirmation and it’s been 4 months and still waiting. Not all processes are the same

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
I don’t think this is true because I just the lmia number from employee for confirmation and it’s been 4 months and still waiting. Not all processes are the same
I'm sorry Evins, I am not following what you are trying to say. Are you saying you've been waiting to get an LMIA approval for four months? I know the process is different for different category of work which is why I have provided my NOC.

chetan anand

May 14, 2018
Its certainly different waiting time for different categories and it also depends what time of position your are applying for that might determine the processing time of a particular file. In your case you are applying for a managerial position which is considered as a high wage LMIA category. I am not too certain about the processing time for that. Also, not to mention people living in Canada much times apply for a low wage LMIA job position. I am sharing information that I know and read on internet, with that being said I may be wrong is some prospects.

mahashano

Jul 20, 2018
HI, WE GOT LMIA WITH JOB OFFER FROM VAUGHAN ON AND PROCESSED APPLICATION FOR VISA WITH PASSPORTS N UPFRONT MEDICAL THROUGH VAC ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN. ANY IDEA WHEN WE WILL BE INFORMED REGARDING DECISION?