+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

daya1986

Jun 15, 2018
I live in Fort McMurray, Alberta and NOC code is 6211 under retail sales supervisor. Documentation was made by my immigration consultant and my employer is more than happy to support me. I called my consultant yesterday and he said it might take 3 weeks or so and he also mentioned that the file is with the officer for further review. I am not sure if it takes that much time as other people got the interview call and decision pretty soon.
Thanks

daya1986

Jun 15, 2018
Can you assist with mine as well.

NOC 0822
Employer filed for lmia. Card charge March 27th
Hi,
Sry, I am not consultant. I am like others waiting for my LMIA. Alya1234 is processed so soon out of curiosity I posted. Wish you good luck with your application

Gill deep

May 27, 2018
Hi
My agent has been filed my application for lmia in mid feb and he got interview 23 days ago so pls anybody give information about how much time i have to wait for lmia
Please
My occupation is in food processing.
Really need help.

stephanie_sahara

Jun 20, 2018
Hey guys! my agent applied for LMIA recently and my employer got a letter from service Canada dated may 22nd for the file acceptance,does anyone know when my employer can expect an interview call or how long does the process is going to take? i called my agent and he said my file is in new brunswick for processing and I live in Alberta. My file is under NOC code 6211 any help will be truly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi. Same thing happened to me. I am from calgary, but the consultant applied it in new brunswick. My employer still waiting for the interview.

chetan anand

May 14, 2018
Hi. Same thing happened to me. I am from calgary, but the consultant applied it in new brunswick. My employer still waiting for the interview.
Hey !! my agent is calgary based and maybe we have the same agent. Would you mind sharing what is his/her firm called!? I really hope our employer receives a call soon and we get some positive news soon.
I wish you a really goodluck :)

stephanie_sahara

Jun 20, 2018
Hey !! my agent is calgary based and maybe we have the same agent. Would you mind sharing what is his/her firm called!? I really hope our employer receives a call soon and we get some positive news soon.
I wish you a really goodluck :)
It is hanwood immigration. He said it will take 2 to 3 weeks. Goodluck to the both of us.

stephanie_sahara

Jun 20, 2018
My agent said the same thing Stephanie and my agent’s firm is connect Canada immigration.
Thanks I will keep you posted if I hear anything or have any updates. Let’s hope for the best :)
Ok I will let you know too. Immigration called my employer last week of may and told that they received the application for lmia and they said that just wait for the interview. Hopefully they will call anytime soon.

stephanie_sahara

Jun 20, 2018
My agent said the same thing Stephanie and my agent’s firm is connect Canada immigration.
Thanks I will keep you posted if I hear anything or have any updates. Let’s hope for the best :)
Hi chetan. I am just wondering why they filed our application in new brunswick? I saw it on canada website that they have to send it to appropriate office in order to avoid processing delays.

chetan anand

May 14, 2018
Hi chetan. I am just wondering why they filed our application in new brunswick? I saw it on canada website that they have to send it to appropriate office in order to avoid processing delays.
Hey stephanie!! I am not too sure myself as well. My agent did not provide much information to me, I thought the application goes to the near by service Canada office. However, I lack knowledge in this department and i have no other option but to trust my agent as i only have so much time left on my work permit. I really hope he knows what he is doing and we got to trust them specially at this point.

alexyuan

Jun 8, 2018
Hi
My agent has been filed my application for lmia in mid feb and he got interview 23 days ago so pls anybody give information about how much time i have to wait for lmia
Please
My occupation is in food processing.
Really need help.
Any good news?

BahamaSteve

Jul 2, 2018
Hello Community,

I'm posting this, though i somewhat know how it will be received. I accepted a job offer in early May 2018 for a high wage skilled position in Alberta. My employer sent me a job letter to start the position on May 28 2018. They initially told me that i would need to come to Canada and show that i was a good fit, and then the work permit documentation would be filed ( this was told to me the day prior to my arrival in Canada). I was not very well versed with the process of hiring a foreign worker, so i went with what the employer indicated, coupled with being excited about the opportunity. Needless to say, i arrived in Canada and had to withdraw my application to enter Canada due to not having the LMIA documentation, though i had a signed job letter. Travel fees were paid for by my employer. Since then, i was told by my employer that the LMIA would be expedited, and then most recently (June 9th 2018) i was told that they were waiting for the report from HR. My employer has been very scarce as it relates to providing updates on the process as well as not responding to my outreach since June 9th 2018. I am wondering if i am being too anxious and should continue to wait for the process to be completed, or if i should count it as a loss and being "ghosted." Is there anything that i can do in any event? I was contemplating filing a complaint with some labor board, but i am unsure how useful to me that would be. Anyone have any advice or information that my bring me some comfort in either direction? I've noticed that the job posting is no longer available on indeed and it appears it was not in the job bank. I look forward to any information/support/assistance/jokes anyone can provide!

Ethanpakma

Jul 2, 2018
I got a job offer at Stantec Canada. It was sent through an email from admin@stantecgroupconstructioncompany.com and I was asked to fill in the details and forward it back to them. After a day, the same email sent me documents that my work has been approved by the Labour Department in the country and so I was asked to contact Mr David Scott who is with the Canada Embassy here in New Delhi, India to help me with the visa. He charged me with the visa fees and then work permit fees and later he said I have to pay for Anti terrorist certificate. The company on the other hand had sent me flight tickets for my journey from India to Canada. It's just been a week now and they said by next Thursday you'll recieved your visa, working permit and you'll be able to go to Canada by 20th July 2018.

Is this true or is this fake? Please reply

BahamaSteve

Jul 2, 2018
I got a job offer at Stantec Canada. It was sent through an email from admin@stantecgroupconstructioncompany.com and I was asked to fill in the details and forward it back to them. After a day, the same email sent me documents that my work has been approved by the Labour Department in the country and so I was asked to contact Mr David Scott who is with the Canada Embassy here in New Delhi, India to help me with the visa. He charged me with the visa fees and then work permit fees and later he said I have to pay for Anti terrorist certificate. The company on the other hand had sent me flight tickets for my journey from India to Canada. It's just been a week now and they said by next Thursday you'll recieved your visa, working permit and you'll be able to go to Canada by 20th July 2018.

Is this true or is this fake? Please reply
It seems kinda suspicious to me.. did you apply for that position ? It could be different for India, but it seems like you may have been scammed.

BahamaSteve

Jul 2, 2018
Hello Community,

I'm posting this, though i somewhat know how it will be received. I accepted a job offer in early May 2018 for a high wage skilled position in Alberta. My employer sent me a job letter to start the position on May 28 2018. They initially told me that i would need to come to Canada and show that i was a good fit, and then the work permit documentation would be filed ( this was told to me the day prior to my arrival in Canada). I was not very well versed with the process of hiring a foreign worker, so i went with what the employer indicated, coupled with being excited about the opportunity. Needless to say, i arrived in Canada and had to withdraw my application to enter Canada due to not having the LMIA documentation, though i had a signed job letter. Travel fees were paid for by my employer. Since then, i was told by my employer that the LMIA would be expedited, and then most recently (June 9th 2018) i was told that they were waiting for the report from HR. My employer has been very scarce as it relates to providing updates on the process as well as not responding to my outreach since June 9th 2018. I am wondering if i am being too anxious and should continue to wait for the process to be completed, or if i should count it as a loss and being "ghosted." Is there anything that i can do in any event? I was contemplating filing a complaint with some labor board, but i am unsure how useful to me that would be. Anyone have any advice or information that my bring me some comfort in either direction? I've noticed that the job posting is no longer available on indeed and it appears it was not in the job bank. I look forward to any information/support/assistance/jokes anyone can provide!
NOC is 4151