+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Reena87 said:
:( lmia got rejected today.
Applied on October 28. Service canada called middle of December. Now got rejected because advertisement wasn't done properly.
where did you apply from?And your company hired any lawyer?

Elmaddin

Jun 11, 2013
Reena87 said:
:( lmia got rejected today.
Applied on October 28. Service canada called middle of December. Now got rejected because advertisement wasn't done properly.
Same with mine. Advertisement wasn't done properly and it cause discrepancy with the requirement of SC.

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Elmaddin said:
Same with mine. Advertisement wasn't done properly and it cause discrepancy with the requirement of SC.
Sorry ho hear, guys :(

Do you know what exactly was wrong with it? Was it done through a lawyer or by employer himself?
May you please also share your timeline, office and NOC ?

Reena87

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
jack_is_jack said:

Do you know what exactly was wrong with it? Was it done through a lawyer or by employer himself?
May you please also share your timeline, office and NOC ?
So i did it through lawyer. The confusion was that company shouldn't had advertised for wage enhancement from city. They should only advertise what they are going to pay from there pocket. So they asked to do the advertisement again with right wage and more websites. And apply it again from day 1. My noc is 4214. Early childhood educator. Aplied at st john office on octobar 28 interview on december 13 denied january 3. With some conversations beck and forth in between. It was applied as high wage but service canada asked to pay same as what canadian's get at work not include wage enhancement in advertisement which makes it median wage. So needs different kind of advertisement.

Elmaddin

Jun 11, 2013
jack_is_jack said:

Do you know what exactly was wrong with it? Was it done through a lawyer or by the employer himself?
May you please also share your timeline, office, and NOC ?
I am on NOC A (noc 2111)
LMIA done through lawyer hired by company and application send to Vancouver office.

Employer mentioned the reason for rejection on the following text:

The reasons given were discrepancies in our application.
We felt that these discrepancies were trivial in nature, and appealed for a higher level review. Unfortunately, that review resulted in the same decision this week.
We feel this decision is unreasonable and unfair, however, there are no further avenues for appeal open to us.

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

My employer applied for LMIA on December 16th 2016. They did not receive any file number till now but received a call from service Canada Yesterday. My Employer was in an important meeting and missed the call. Service Canada left a voice mail with name and number.

But today when they tried to reach the person, she did not pick my employer's call and so my employer left a voice mail.

Should my employer wait for a call or should they call tomorrow again??

AM too nervous.

Thank You

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jkrishnan said:
Can someone please help me with my Query. Thanks in advance

Submitted my Lmia on 16th December and still I didn't receive the file number. Any idea how long it will take. How do I get the file number via e-mail or via post.

My NOC is 2283 anyone here applied with this NOC and received a positive result.
Don't worry . You will get a Call soon

Alex0924

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
What I can do?

I applied for LMIA on August16 2016 and got file number on Sep6. I applied my wp extension on Nov21 by paper. It seems that my lmia application is still uncertain and my wp application will be rejected in one month if without LMIA support. My PGWP has expired on Nov28 2016. Anyone who has similar experience can shed me some light to how to face it? thx!

kamenashi

Oct 4, 2016
Alex0924 said:
What I can do?

I applied for LMIA on August16 2016 and got file number on Sep6. I applied my wp extension on Nov21 by paper. It seems that my lmia application is still uncertain and my wp application will be rejected in one month if without LMIA support. My PGWP has expired on Nov28 2016. Anyone who has similar experience can shed me some light to how to face it? thx!
I got file number in Sept as well, my boss called to check the status this week, he was told the application is still pending... My work permit was expired three months ago and I don't know if I can get LMIA before wp application's result is made.... waiting makes me frustrated...

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
kamenashi said:
I got file number in Sept as well, my boss called to check the status this week, he was told the application is still pending... My work permit was expired three months ago and I don't know if I can get LMIA before wp application's result is made.... waiting makes me frustrated...
Hi Kamenashi,
Did you apply your work permit online or paper based? I am also in similar scenario and my WP is going to expire by Feb 8th and my employer applied for LMIA. Can we apply for work permit a week before getting expired is sufficient?

Thanks

kamenashi

Oct 4, 2016
kalpan said:
Hi Kamenashi,
Did you apply your work permit online or paper based? I am also in similar scenario and my WP is going to expire by Feb 8th and my employer applied for LMIA. Can we apply for work permit a week before getting expired is sufficient?

Thanks
I submitted paper application since the processing time is around 3 months so that I can work under implied status. Yes, you can submit your application a week before expiry date.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
kamenashi said:
I submitted paper application since the processing time is around 3 months so that I can work under implied status. Yes, you can submit your application a week before expiry date.
Thanks for the reply Kamenashi. It is really helpful info. What should I mention in my work permit extension application about employment/employer section...? Please guide me!

kamenashi

Oct 4, 2016
kalpan said:
Thanks for the reply Kamenashi. It is really helpful info. What should I mention in my work permit extension application about employment/employer section...? Please guide me!
You need to choose same employer if your current employer is helping you with Lima , provide the letter regarding your Lmia file number which you got from SC and explain your current situation.

Hope we all could get positive Lmia soon.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
kamenashi said:
You need to choose same employer if your current employer is helping you with Lima , provide the letter regarding your Lmia file number which you got from SC and explain your current situation.

Hope we all could get positive Lmia soon.
Thanks Kamenashi for the clarification. Lot of relief!