+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

rodrigochi89

Jul 2, 2012
canadianstruggle said:
Hey all,

I have been reading the tread for awhile. My PGWP is gonna expire in May 2017 and I wouldn't have completed my 1 year work hours. A quick question. Which NOC would you think will get a more positive reply for a LMIA? A position as a Web Designer/ Video Editor? or A Retail Store Manager/ Assistant?

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
The more "specific/less common/ in demand" your position is, the better the chance of getting a Lmia approved. Your employer will have to show compelling proof that no canadian applicants were suitable or available to fill your position in the company.

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
Hey guys ,
I am waiting about 7 months to get lima from BC service canada . Is that regular ? Is it good news or bad for this kinda annoying wait?

rodrigochi89

Jul 2, 2012
Ahora said:
Hey guys ,
I am waiting about 7 months to get lima from BC service canada . Is that regular ? Is it good news or bad for this kinda annoying wait?
sorry to hear that,must be extremely annoying. Which office is processing your application? Has your employer called them to request an update?

I've been waiting for 12 weeks so far. Dual Lmia - St John, NB office

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
rodrigochi89 said:
sorry to hear that,must be extremely annoying. Which office is processing your application? Has your employer called them to request an update?

I applied from BC . Both employer and lawyer called them for a few times and they answered your application is in the q . :( :( :(
I don t know really is that right?

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
Hey guys,
Let me know whats telephone interview for employer? what they ask from him?
my employer don t have any previous experience about that and I like inform him with some information about it.
Plz share your information about that. it can be very helpful for me. thanks

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Ahora said:
Hey guys,
Let me know whats telephone interview for employer? what they ask from him?
my employer don t have any previous experience about that and I like inform him with some information about it.
Plz share your information about that. it can be very helpful for me. thanks
They mostly ask what kind of your job or skills and responsibilities

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
kalpan said:
They mostly ask what kind of your job or skills and responsibilities
Thanks so much , I should inform my employer about that :)

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
rodrigochi89 said:

Hi Rodrigochi89,
Could you share us your NOC and timeline in receiving file number from ST JOHN office? My employer recently applied and I need the confirmation number to apply for my extension.

rodrigochi89

Jul 2, 2012
kalpan said:
Hi Rodrigochi89,
Could you share us your NOC and timeline in receiving file number from ST JOHN office? My employer recently applied and I need the confirmation number to apply for my extension.
Hi, sure no problem:
NOC B - 6315
26 oct: application sent
01 Nov: file no. received
07 nov: Additional documents requested

Dec 31, 2016
Good Night All,

I have a question. If your PGWP is expiring, lets say May 2017 and I'm currently working for company A but company B has applied for an LMIA in March for me. Would I be on implied status after my PGWP expires? And if yes can I continue to work for company A until my decision is made?

Thanks in advance fro any answers...

burakpesen

Sep 20, 2016
FROST4190 said:
Please can you share why your application got rejected. Thank you
they said you can find a canadian chef in here and teach them to cooking turkish foods. but if they cant learn or somethings you can again apply. its really stupid reason for rejected

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I got my LMIA approval letter for dual intent. My noc is 2283 and below is the timeline.
Lmia applied - December 16th
Interview call - Jan 3rd (missed)
Second interview call - Jan 9th
Positive lmia received - Jan 16th
Now my question is if I apply for work permit now how long will I get it for. Can I get 2 year's work permit ?? Where should I mention this?? Also right now I have a pgwp which is expiring in July 2017. I want to apply for work permit immediately and get a sowp for my spouse. Is it possible to get 2 yrs work permit ??

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
sunitha1689 said:
Hi All,
I got my LMIA approval letter for dual intent. My noc is 2283 and below is the timeline.
Lmia applied - December 16th
Interview call - Jan 3rd (missed)
Second interview call - Jan 9th
Positive lmia received - Jan 16th
Now my question is if I apply for work permit now how long will I get it for. Can I get 2 year's work permit ?? Where should I mention this?? Also right now I have a pgwp which is expiring in July 2017. I want to apply for work permit immediately and get a sowp for my spouse. Is it possible to get 2 yrs work permit ??
Congrats Sunitha! Its quick!!
if you apply online it will be quick and paper based will take 3 to 4 months. And you will have 6 months to apply for work permit, I think. Also the closed work permit will be 1 year as per the new LMIA concept, before it was 2 years with LMO. You can apply both SOWP and WP at a time to save your time. Hope you got it

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kalpan said:
Congrats Sunitha! Its quick!!
if you apply online it will be quick and paper based will take 3 to 4 months. And you will have 6 months to apply for work permit, I think. Also the closed work permit will be 1 year as per the new LMIA concept, before it was 2 years with LMO. You can apply both SOWP and WP at a time to save your time. Hope you got it
Thanks. But my husband is in India. He has to apply for his Visa also. Can you pls guide me on what exactly should I do ?