+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
sunitha1689 said:
Thanks. But my husband is in India. He has to apply for his Visa also. Can you pls guide me on what exactly should I do ?
There are 3 ways Sunitha.

1) You can apply online for you and your husband at a time along with his TVR online

2) or apply online WP and SOWP and get it approve. Send ur husband work permit to india to apply TRV based on this work permit.

3) You can contact an experience lawyer as well. But one thing for sure, if a closed work permit holder will get approved for his/her dependent at the same time

Udaypavan

Aug 24, 2016
Hi, i would like to know some info regarding LMIA. right now iam on LMIA as food supervisor, got it for 1 year, and left with more 4 months to go. My question is, can i extend my work permit with the same LMIA according to new rules ? or do my employer has to apply for new LMIA again?

AVIS RAKNAS

Oct 13, 2016
Hi All,

I am waiting for LMIA since last august
I have applied through a lawyer from india.
Anybody waiting for lmia from india
Will esdc will take more time to approve a person outside Canada
Kindly advise
Thanks

augsch

Jan 18, 2017
I was just watching for a while now I'll share my case.

NOC 2174
Position in Calgary
Range $39/hour
Job posted June (not sure when), 9 candidates all interviewed
LMIA applied August 7th 2016.
Confirmation Application letter sent August 17th 2016.
Phone call December 30th 2016, ask for complementary documentation and interview scheduled for January 5th 2017.
Phone call January 5th 2017. All set and positive return from Oficial. She said it was approved.
January 16th 2017 received the LMIA.

rtir

Star Member
May 6, 2016
sunitha1689 said:
Hi All,
I got my LMIA approval letter for dual intent. My noc is 2283 and below is the timeline.
Lmia applied - December 16th
Interview call - Jan 3rd (missed)
Second interview call - Jan 9th
Positive lmia received - Jan 16th
Now my question is if I apply for work permit now how long will I get it for. Can I get 2 year's work permit ?? Where should I mention this?? Also right now I have a pgwp which is expiring in July 2017. I want to apply for work permit immediately and get a sowp for my spouse. Is it possible to get 2 yrs work permit ??

I got LMIA approved closed work permit for 3 years. LMIA itself will be active only for 6 months from date of positive LMIA, application for WP should be done within that timeline. My employer also applied for spousal open work permit along with my work permit application. The WP process takes around 2-3 months.

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rtir said:
I got LMIA approved closed work permit for 3 years. LMIA itself will be active only for 6 months from date of positive LMIA, application for WP should be done within that timeline. My employer also applied for spousal open work permit along with my work permit application. The WP process takes around 2-3 months.
That is a great news to hear.

When did you get your LMIA?? I mean which month and which Year??

I have employment Duration as : Indeterminate/Permanent. Please help

Alex0924

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
my employer got a call from ESDC two weeks ago and updated my offer with new pay rate in my position, after that how long I can get the final decision? Anyone can tell? thx!

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
I ask from my lawyer to call to SC and she did :

I finally got through to Service Canada today after waiting on hold for nearly half an hour. Usually the system just says they are experiencing high call volumes and cannot accept any calls. This has been the case since after Christmas.

We have now asked for TWO escalations being that it is well past the 25 week processing time (it’s now been 7 months). They have made note on file and recognized that it is severely overdue for a decision. She said to call back at the end of next week if we haven’t received a decision yet.

I will keep on them as they are being extremely negligent.

Any idea guys?

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
sunitha1689 said:
That is a great news to hear.

When did you get your LMIA?? I mean which month and which Year??

I have employment Duration as : Indeterminate/Permanent. Please help
Dear Sunitha,

I gave you an answer in the other post, but found now where exactly you can see duration of employment. It is on Annex A, at the bottom.

Check this pic http://www.lingwong.ca/images/pdf/LMIA_PDF_%E9%A1%B5%E9%9D%A2_2.jpg

Ask your employer to check that section, and you will know your answer. Cheers!

Rkahlon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
My Employer got a call asking fr additional documents. .. i am waiting since august... can anyone tell how much time will b taken fr decision on lmia...??

giraffe5870

Dec 8, 2016
Hi,

I just got my LIMA approved today. It has been a loooong time to wait. (4 months)
I would like to share my time line:

NOC 2283
8/30 Application sent out
9/18 Received file number
(long waiting time from Sep)
1/15 Received email to ask for additional docu and arranged for a call interview
1/16 additional docu sent out
1/16 Called and asked for further docu and answers which my boss can not answer immediately in the interview
1/18 further docu sent out
1/19 Received email with a positive result.

Hope this will be helpful.

Thanks

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
giraffe5870 said:
Hi,

I just got my LIMA approved today. It has been a loooong time to wait. (4 months)
I would like to share my time line:

NOC 2283
8/30 Application sent out
9/18 Received file number
(long waiting time from Sep)
1/15 Received email to ask for additional docu and arranged for a call interview
1/16 additional docu sent out
1/16 Called and asked for further docu and answers which my boss can not answer immediately in the interview
1/18 further docu sent out
1/19 Received email with a positive result.

Hope this will be helpful.

Thanks
Congratulations :)

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Rkahlon said:
My Employer got a call asking fr additional documents. .. i am waiting since august... can anyone tell how much time will b taken fr decision on lmia...??
A week or two