+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
danieltiendat said:
Thank you Joejo. Since my lawyer submitted application online through her office's system that connects with gov's (that's what she said) so I am not sure about this. So even that I don't receive any AOR of my application, I still can work? I mean maybe my lawyer received that AOR, but I'm not informed by her yet.

I'm sorry to ask again, I just need to make sure :)

Thank you.

She might have applied online, through MyCIC. Make sure, she applied for a new WP. If she applied online, she must receive a confirmation letter immediately. Even if you didn't get the AOR, you are on implied status as far as you submit an application with all the required documents, before the expiry of your current WP. All online applications will receive a confirmation letter immediately.

Jsingj67

Nov 24, 2015
Rkahlon said:
Congrats to u...
Was ur position high wage or low wage... my noc is somewhat similar to u n we r in the same province.. so I was concerned
Congratss did u get email or mail???

sbtcak

Jun 23, 2016
Rkahlon said:
Congrats to u...
Was ur position high wage or low wage... my noc is somewhat similar to u n we r in the same province.. so I was concerned
Thanks! My position was probably considered as low wage, which is why it took so long to have it approved.

playtheman

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Hey guys

So my employer and our IT guy sat down and made our adverts and saved pdf copies of them with the date they are posted.

We are going for an LMIA for PR. so no fee. Do I need a schedule C?
Can anyone tell me what extra documents they will ask for as id like to just give them everything and more so we can get this done. No messing about. We have 4 weeks to put this all together

The job is carpentry so we are all clear for 10 day processing time as the wage is above the median for the job and Alberta. (well hopefully)

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
Greetings everyone. My dual intent LMIA application was submitted on August 2nd, and given my job offer was considered to fall into the high wage category, I was expecting to hear about the decision by now. It is now more than 10 days (Day 14 today) and still no news. Should I be worried or could it be due to the Canada Post disruption or perhaps any other reasons? Any help is much appreciated.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OzTraveller said:
Greetings everyone. My dual intent LMIA application was submitted on August 2nd, and given my job offer was considered to fall into the high wage category, I was expecting to hear about the decision by now. It is now more than 10 days (Day 14 today) and still no news. Should I be worried or could it be due to the Canada Post disruption or perhaps any other reasons? Any help is much appreciated.
Can you check the credit card that you have on the application to see if it has been charged? That happens within about two days of them receiving the package. Did you send it registered? Can you track the package?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Rkahlon said:
Helo to all
My prospective employer is going to apply fr my LMIA... I just want to clear a doubt..
I read on job bank ad that median wage of my noc6242 is $13 n I m being offered $17.50.. its high skilled... so my job will b classified as high wage???
Thanks I advance
Hi,

Employers are required to use the median hourly wages by province/territory to know which Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) requirements they have to meet. The wage being offered along with the location for the position, will determine if the employers need to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) under the stream for high-wage or low-wage positions, each with their own requirements.

Employers offering a wage to a temporary foreign worker that is:

Below the provincial/territorial median hourly wage will be subject to all of the requirements of the Stream for Low-wage Positions;
At or above the provincial/territorial median hourly wage will be subject to all of the requirements of the Stream for High-wage Positions.
You can check the provincial median wages here: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/foreign_workers/hire/service_tables.page#tbl-2

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
ozlis said:
Can you check the credit card that you have on the application to see if it has been charged? That happens within about two days of them receiving the package. Did you send it registered? Can you track the package?
Thanks for your reply. My prospective employer has received confirmation that application was received on the 2nd of August. They sent through the application using a courier service, so no online tracking I guess. As for whether or not the credit card is charged, I am not aware.

I hear from a few senior members of this forum that the 10 day processing time is just a legend, and this process may take much longer even for high wage positions. Any thoughts on that?

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
Funbox said:
The 10 days processing time is only valid if your application has all the documents. For instance, if ESDC has to ask for additional documents, the 10 days processing time is ignored. In my first application, they had to ask for additional documents and the statement below was in the email.

Under 10 days processing:

Your application for a Labour Market Impact Assessment cannot be processed within 10 days as the application is missing supporting documentation(s) and /or some clarifications are required as mentioned above.

Applications removed from 10 day processing are processed by date of receipt; an officer will contact you to review the application as soon the application is reviewed. The application will be processed during normal time frames after the above required documentation(s) and/ or clarifications requested, if applicable, are received. We have received a significant amount of applications under this program stream this may also impact the timeframe for contact and your decision.
I know I'm referring to an old post here, but I was wondering how many days it took them to send you this letter, if I may ask? There was no such information anywhere in the LMIA application guidelines about how an application may be removed from 10 day processing. What an annoying process! I mean, I know they want to make it hard for non-Canadians to get a job, but if an employer finds an applicant fit for their purpose and make up their mind, shouldn't it be easier for them to hire that person without so much drama? Specially if they pay $1000, which I guess means they want to hire the person badly enough!!

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
OzTraveller said:
Thanks for your reply. My prospective employer has received confirmation that application was received on the 2nd of August. They sent through the application using a courier service, so no online tracking I guess. As for whether or not the credit card is charged, I am not aware.

I hear from a few senior members of this forum that the 10 day processing time is just a legend, and this process may take much longer even for high wage positions. Any thoughts on that?
My employer applied for 2 high wage lmia in the past, one waa a regular lmia and it to almost 6 months for approval and the other one was lmia to support PR only and it too almost 3 weeks.

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Hi guys,
Is there any one who can let me know how I can provide the following document? My employer hired me in Nov 2014 and I have been working in this company since then. Therefore I am not sure how I should address the following. There was no job posting for the position which I got hired in 2014!

Proof of recruitment (e.g. copy of advertisement and information to support where, when and for how long the position was advertised)

Thanks a lot fir ur helps

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
nima2000 said:
Hi guys,

Is there any one who can let me know how I can provide the following document? My employer hired me in Nov 2014 and I have been working in this company since then. Therefore I am not sure how I should address the following. There was no job posting for the position which I got hired in 2014!

Proof of recruitment (e.g. copy of advertisement and information to support where, when and for how long the position was advertised)

Thanks a lot fir ur helps
Are you currently working under a open work permit or under a work permit that was supported by a previous LMIA?
Either way, if your employer is going to "extend" a LMIA or apply for a new one, your employer will have to advertise this position (meeting all those requirement: Job Bank + two more websites for at least one month), find possible candidates and do a couple of interviews so that he/she will be able to proof that no qualified Canadians or permanent residents were found to fill this position. It doesn't matter if you are already working for this company. If your employer is applying for a LMIA, he/she needs the proof of recruitment. Even if you had any proof of recruitment from 2014, it would be too old. It cannot be older than 3 month prior to the application.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
OzTraveller said:
I know I'm referring to an old post here, but I was wondering how many days it took them to send you this letter, if I may ask? There was no such information anywhere in the LMIA application guidelines about how an application may be removed from 10 day processing. What an annoying process! I mean, I know they want to make it hard for non-Canadians to get a job, but if an employer finds an applicant fit for their purpose and make up their mind, shouldn't it be easier for them to hire that person without so much drama? Specially if they pay $1000, which I guess means they want to hire the person badly enough!!
In fact, it is a crappy process. They have improved a lot compared to what it used to be in the past, but still there is a huge lack of information. I didn't know either that they would remove my application from the 10 days processing rule because there was a missing document. I just realized it because that note was in the email that requested us the additional documents. My two timelines are below. I hope it helps.

LMIA 1:

NOC: 2174 - Computer Programmer (Calgary, AB)
Sent to ESDC: Sept 3, 2015
Received by ESDC: Sept 11, 2015
Payment Fee Charged: Sept 28, 2015
Additional Documents Requested by ESDC: Oct 28, 2015 (This is the email that mentioned that my application was removed from the 10 days processing time)
Additional Documents Replied : Nov 4, 2015
Employer Called to ESDC Asking For Updates: Nov 19, 2015 (they said: it’s being processed)
Interview: Jan 15, 2016
Result (Negative): January 22, 2016 (the day we got an email saying that our application was refused)

LMIA 2:

Sent to ESDC: Jun 1, 2016
Phone Interview: July 14, 2016 (new job offer was sent by email to ESDC)
Result (Positive): June 24, 2016 (the day that we got the response letter by mail - yes it is a paper letter - no email at all)

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
Funbox said:
In fact, it is a crappy process. They have improved a lot compared to what it used to be in the past, but still there is a huge lack of information. I didn't know either that they would remove my application from the 10 days processing rule because there was a missing document. I just realized it because that note was in the email that requested us the additional documents. My two timelines are below. I hope it helps.

LMIA 1:

Sent to ESDC: Sept 3, 2015
Received by ESDC: Sept 11, 2015
Payment Fee Charged: Sept 28, 2015
Additional Documents Requested by ESDC: Oct 28, 2015 (This is the email that shows that my application was removed from the 10 days processing time)
Additional Documents Replied : Nov 4, 2015
Employer Called to ESDC Asking For Updates: Nov 19, 2015 (they said: it’s being processed)
Interview: Jan 15, 2016
Result (Negative): January 22, 2016 (the day we got an email saying that our application was refused)

LMIA 2:

Sent to ESDC: Jun 1, 2016
Phone Interview: July 14, 2016 (new job offer was sent by email to ESDC)
Result (Positive): June 24, 2016 (the day that we got the response letter by mail - yes it is a paper letter - no email)
Many thanks for the valuable info. I will update the thread with the results once I hear from ESDC.

By the way, is there always a phone interview?