+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

anwer

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
AINP
fastfood said:
Hey mate,

would you mind sharing what sort of LMIA is it? Is it dual intent or Just for PR or temporary work permit lmia? Did you sign any lmia form before submission. I am asking because if you have signed the lmia form then one of your employer can not use the lmia for someone else in case both lmia go positive.
Hi.

Can you clarify this please? Are you saying that once an LMIA (with the employee's name) has been approved, it cant be transferred to a different person if the original employee doesnt want that LMIA anymore?

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok guys, I will share my timelines, so here it is:

NOC 2173 - Software Engineer
Toronto, Ontario
Application sent: June 22, 2016
Interview call: July 13, 2016 (Asked to respond additional questions via email)

Still waiting, no response from ESDC :|

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is correct. Names lmia can't be transferred.

anwer said:
Hi.

Can you clarify this please? Are you saying that once an LMIA (with the employee's name) has been approved, it cant be transferred to a different person if the original employee doesnt want that LMIA anymore?

punj+aab

Feb 1, 2015
Hi gill

just type your noc code in SEARCH tool of this thread you will find enough stories you need i guess.

All the best 8) 8)

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rimplegill29 said:
Please tell me anyone get positive lmia for noc 6311?
For which province and plz share your wages as well? IS it dual or only to support PR?

Rimplegill29

Jul 30, 2016
I was applied for the position of food service supervisor in British Columbia. My employer applied for the lmia 2nd June but no decision yet made.
Wages 15 dollars per hour.
It is for dual lmia.
Much Please tell me are you get positive lmia and if yes how much time to get lmia after applying for that?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rimplegill29 said:
I was applied for the position of food service supervisor in British Columbia. My employer applied for the lmia 2nd June but no decision yet made.
Wages 15 dollars per hour.
It is for dual lmia.
Much Please tell me are you get positive lmia and if yes how much time to get lmia after applying for that?
Keep some patience bro. It takes around 16-24 weeks for LMIA currently unless it is high wages 10 day processing. Your wages sound perfect for this position.

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
anwer said:
Hi.

The employer can change the employee name in a positive LMIA, if the employee named in the LMIA didn't apply for work permit yet. We did that for our employer

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
playtheman said:
would it help to include a plan on how you becoming a PR will help canadians become trained?
it is better to include this data in rationale for hiring a TFW in the main application form.

Ekramy

Aug 3, 2016
Re: LMIA application processing time and way of Follow?

Dears
I submitted my Application by end of April NOC=131.
low wage, and since then i didn't get any update from my lawyer, i would like to know 2 thing
1- what is the normal estimated time for my request.
2- how should i follow up with my request, and to insure that they are working on my request or not yet.
Br
Ekramy

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joejo said:
The employer can change the employee name in a positive LMIA, if the employee named in the LMIA didn't apply for work permit yet. We did that for our employer
Wow interesting to know that. Was that Dual intent LMIA?

sbtcak

Jun 23, 2016
sbtcak said:
Hi guys,

I have been following this forum since I applied for LMIA at the end of January.
It has been very helpful and encouraging to see people who are in the same situation.
25 weeks is going to pass very soon and I was thinking of asking my agent to contact service Canada.

here is my information

job category: pastry chef (NOC 6252)
province: BC
wage: $15/hour
documents sent on Jan. 26th
file number received on February 10

I wanted to ask you guys today if the positive LMIA assessment and work permit are depended on my previous work experience.
For example, I only had 6 months of work experience as a pastry chef at the time of my application. My employer knows the situation but they saw potential in me and agreed to apply for LMIA.
I spoke with the agent about it before applying but they did not say one way or the other.
Does less experience mean less chance?
What do you guys think?
just to add a couple of things to my timeline.
my agent called service canada on July 7 (but was told still processing)
phone interview on August 3.

Can you guys tell me how long it took to get the result? I know to know both positive and negative!