+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

playtheman

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
danieltiendat said:
Hello everyone,

I finally got the LMIA. Yay :))) I just want to share with you my timeline:

NOC : 5241 (Graphic Designers and Illustrators)
Province : Quebec
April 19 : application submitted
May 19 : application received
June 2 : Notification of required additional document sent, but I received the notification letter on June 10 --> to clarify one answer that my boss missed.
June 13 : additional document submitted
July 5 : my boss/my lawyer received another letter to require submitting additional document. This time was about CSST cotisation proof. We had one week to submit (deadline : July 12)
July 11 (1PM) : CSST proof submitted.
July 11 (3PM) : an officier from Service Canada called my boss to tell that my LMIA is approved. They will send the official LMIA in 1 week.

My LMIA will be valid for 1 year (according to Service Canada, since I applied LMIA to support PR, 1 year should be enough). So... it takes me 7 weeks to get the LMIA, starting from the date they received my application.
Well done!

Did your employer have a hard time finding people for your job? or were you just more experienced than everyone else.

danieltiendat

Oct 29, 2015
playtheman said:
Well done!

Did your employer have a hard time finding people for your job? or were you just more experienced than everyone else.
Hi playtheman, my boss posted the ads on job banks to find people to satisfy the requirements. But he didn't accept any CVs because I'm more experienced than them. Honestly, I have been working for this company 4 years :))

playtheman

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
danieltiendat said:
Hi playtheman, my boss posted the ads on job banks to find people to satisfy the requirements. But he didn't accept any CVs because I'm more experienced than them. Honestly, I have been working for this company 4 years :))
I thought your company had to do interviews and prove they did? So does this mean your employer can just decide nobody is good enough for the position?

That would be great because I know my employer knows he won't be able to find someone to do my exact job (he couldnt until I arrived last year)

My employer is willing to interview people however which is good, but maybe it's not necessary as I work for him already?

so confusing.

skumar11

Jul 11, 2016
Hi,
Can you please mention how did you handle the bio-metrics requirement by New York Visa office.
i am kind of in same situation.
Did you actually go to US or you did that in Canada.

Please share your experience, it might help me.

Thanks
Skumar11

danieltiendat

Oct 29, 2015
playtheman said:
I thought your company had to do interviews and prove they did? So does this mean your employer can just decide nobody is good enough for the position?

That would be great because I know my employer knows he won't be able to find someone to do my exact job (he couldnt until I arrived last year)

My employer is willing to interview people however which is good, but maybe it's not necessary as I work for him already?

so confusing.
Since the day we posted the job ads, we have been receiving a lots of CV of candidates. Honestly, my boss didn't interview anyone. He looked at the CV and refused right on the spot. There was one guy coming straight to the office (my boss didn't ask him to come). He came because he didn't see my boss' reply. Again, he was refused.

So I believe in your case, your boss just has to tell them/prove to them (the office who processes your application) that he couldn't find anyone to take over your position.

In my case, I have been working for him for 4 years... so to him, I am more experienced (both in our business operation and in skills) than the other candidates. He doesn't want to hire another one and train them again.

playtheman

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
danieltiendat said:
Since the day we posted the job ads, we have been receiving a lots of CV of candidates. Honestly, my boss didn't interview anyone. He looked at the CV and refused right on the spot. There was one guy coming straight to the office (my boss didn't ask him to come). He came because he didn't see my boss' reply. Again, he was refused.

So I believe in your case, your boss just has to tell them/prove to them (the office who processes your application) that he couldn't find anyone to take over your position.

In my case, I have been working for him for 4 years... so to him, I am more experienced (both in our business operation and in skills) than the other candidates. He doesn't want to hire another one and train them again.
great point, what I do takes training and ages to get good at. Ill let my boss know that the person has to have experience doing what I'm doing to a high standard !

danieltiendat

Oct 29, 2015
playtheman said:
great point, what I do takes training and ages to get good at. Ill let my boss know that the person has to have experience doing what I'm doing to a high standard !
That's a great move. When my boss wrote the tasks/requirements for the jobs which he posted to job banks and sent to gov, he used my current experience, tasks and other things that I have currently taken control... in order to make it so hard for anyone to fulfill, which is true. My company is private one, and since I stepped in, I trained myself to take over almost everything (mainly still in design). Soon I become, along with my boss, the core of the business.

I mean, yes, there will be someone out there who can do all those. However, my boss only received CVs from candidates who didn't really satisfy the job requirements at all. Most of them just sent job applications to see if they are lucky enough (I know cuz I reviewed them too with my boss :))). If your boss can cooperate with you on this, you will be good! (in which you already prove that you are good).

playtheman

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
danieltiendat said:
That's a great move. When my boss wrote the tasks/requirements for the jobs which he posted to job banks and sent to gov, he used my current experience, tasks and other things that I have currently taken control... in order to make it so hard for anyone to fulfill, which is true. My company is private one, and since I stepped in, I trained myself to take over almost everything (mainly still in design). Soon I become, along with my boss, the core of the business.

I mean, yes, there will be someone out there who can do all those. However, my boss only received CVs from candidates who didn't really satisfy the job requirements at all. Most of them just sent job applications to see if they are lucky enough (I know cuz I reviewed them too with my boss :))). If your boss can cooperate with you on this, you will be good! (in which you already prove that you are good).
Well my job literally covers so much stuff, glazing, installing, building custom wood bay/bow windows which are NOT easy to get right (especially sealing them which is almost an art because you see the seal, and its done by hand) as well as delegating work and checking orders are correct. And I have taken photos of nearly all my work over the past year as proof of ability, which we can submit if needed.
I feel we should be okay, we hired guys from a company like ours that shut down, but the guy we got is pretty terrible for the number of years he has done it. If thats the standard of people out there, we should be okay.

danieltiendat

Oct 29, 2015
playtheman said:
Well my job literally covers so much stuff, glazing, installing, building custom wood bay/bow windows which are NOT easy to get right (especially sealing them which is almost an art because you see the seal, and its done by hand) as well as delegating work and checking orders are correct.
I feel we should be okay, we hired guys from a company like ours that shut down, but the guy we got is pretty terrible for the number of years he has done it. If thats the standard of people out there, we should be okay.
I'm sure you will be fine. Finger crossed :)

Pink81

Mar 25, 2016
Finally got positive LMIA today
Last week was 25 weeks
My employer call SC and today my boss got an interview
2 hrs after they send the copy of LMIA tru fax
God is good all the time

patelsandip21

Feb 29, 2012
Hello all,

Does any one know the link for LMIA to support PR only. Where employer doesn't need to pay $1000 fee.?
I tried searching for that but couldn't find anything.

Thank you and good luck

playtheman

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
patelsandip21 said:
Hello all,

Does any one know the link for LMIA to support PR only. Where employer doesn't need to pay $1000 fee.?
I tried searching for that but couldn't find anything.

Thank you and good luck
Its the same form as the one for 1000. First section on it says which you intend it for

stagmore

May 21, 2016
ADCanada said:
Hey can anybody tell me if im on student I can apply or my employer can apply for LMIA ? :)
Yes, it's nothing to do with your present status as long as your skill set can solve any employer's purpose, and at the same time your employer has tried and failed to find any Canadian for that work.

LCC1111

Jun 14, 2016
Hi guys
Do anyone has experience in if their employer do not have T4 summary and PD7A?? ??? ???

They told me our company is paying us through a third party system. That system will report all information directly to CRA. So we don't have anything but just an annual report. ???

OMG I'm so afraid...