New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hideyoshi said:
My LMIA applied at DEC 28 and got approve at JAN 27. Takes a month.
Were you eligible for 10 day processing? Higher wages, high skilled occupation?

patelsandip21

Feb 29, 2012
Hi,
Can anyone help me please? I have applied for LMIA in starting of January 2016, I got my file no in mid Feb. haven't heard any thing since then. So my que here is, does that affect LMIA decision (positive or negative) if my actual pay is lower than one that is advertised? and can I extent my work permit on the basis of LMIA file no? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you all and goof luck to all.

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Scottygirl said:
My husbands LMIA took around 5 months to be approved from the time his HR dept started the process. It was explicitly for EE support and was valid for 6 months. You must receive an ITA and submit your full PR application before the expiry date.
Dear Scottygirl, thank you very much for this information!!! It is really helpful. I just hope now that I will get to, eventually, deal with an approved LMIA.
Congratulations to everyone who got one approved!

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Guys,
I have been reading this forum for a long time and I have seen LMIA refusal only, if the application is not completed correctly, or the advertising is not perfect or something like that. Have you ever heard somebody who was refused because according to SC there is too much Canadian are available for the position? Or because the occupation is not demand?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Scottygirl said:
My husbands LMIA took around 5 months to be approved from the time his HR dept started the process. It was explicitly for EE support and was valid for 6 months. You must receive an ITA and submit your full PR application before the expiry date.
Hi! Is the 6 months validity the same for all LMIA application for EE support?

kunal31789

Jan 24, 2015
hi everyone, i have question my employer post the job for a 1 month and then he remove the post and start collecting the document of lmia and he apply after 1 month. so there is gap between the job post and lmia applied. this may matter or not? secondly how long it take to received the file number. thirdly, my employer send all document of lmia to Edmonton not st.john does it matter?

Please tell me asap thanks

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
minitty said:
Toronto, Ontario
NOC:1215

LMIA application sent on March 02, 2016.
Received a positive result on March 31, 2016.

Good Luck :)
Wow congratulations!!! That was really quick. Did you hire a lawyer/consultant? And was it for a high wage occupation?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kunal31789 said:
hi everyone, i have question my employer post the job for a 1 month and then he remove the post and start collecting the document of lmia and he apply after 1 month. so there is gap between the job post and lmia applied. this may matter or not? secondly how long it take to received the file number. thirdly, my employer send all document of lmia to Edmonton not st.john does it matter?

Please tell me asap thanks
The advertising must stay up until you receive a decision on your file.

I had a payment taken and a file number a couple of days after it was received.

I would think that they should be able to transfer the documents to the right processing center, however that will likely slow down the processing for you. Otherwise, they might just let you know that it was sent to the wrong place and to send again - usually they won't return documents to you.

roserope

Mar 6, 2016
ozlis said:
The advertising must stay up until you receive a decision on your file.

I had a payment taken and a file number a couple of days after it was received.

I would think that they should be able to transfer the documents to the right processing center, however that will likely slow down the processing for you. Otherwise, they might just let you know that it was sent to the wrong place and to send again - usually they won't return documents to you.
Hi Ozlis, I remembered that you got really fast processing time in terms of the LMIA approval. Like two days or sth like that? Do you mind share your province and NOC? Are you in the 10 days premium processing category?

Thanks so much!

minitty

Apr 12, 2016
frustratedcanadian said:
Wow congratulations!!! That was really quick. Did you hire a lawyer/consultant? And was it for a high wage occupation?
Yes, I hired a consultant for this. But the thing is... he don't even know the job contract has to be signed by both the employee and the employer.
Basically, my wife and I did most of the job by ourselves. So choose a lawyer or consultant very carefully and wisely, make sure they will help.

It's a medium wage occupation in Ontario.
Service Canada did request a report for detailed recruitment process. HR department of my company has submitted a 12 pages report on March 23 and called on the second day to confirm.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
minitty said:
Yes, I hired a consultant for this. But the thing is... he don't even know the job contract has to be signed by both the employee and the employer.
Basically, my wife and I did most of the job by ourselves. So choose a lawyer or consultant very carefully and wisely, make sure they will help.

Service Canada did request a report for detailed recruitment process. HR department of my company has submitted a 12 pages report on March 23 and called on the second day to confirm.
Was it LMIA for EE or dual intent? The detailed recruitment report is an extra requirement right?

brl

Jun 7, 2015
minitty said:

congrats minty
At what point of the process the contract to be signed by the prospective job holder.... is it before the LMIA application or before the work permit application....thanks