Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alekspara said:
Hello Fastfood,
I don't believe that there should be a difference in timelines between dual intent and just supporting WP. I assume that something happened with your application (not necessarily from your side) because it's not normal to take so long. There are dual intent applications that took very long as well.
Now the reason that my employer applied for supporting only WP is because the main applicant is my wife and it's better for us to go through a different route for the PR...
I'm also pretty sure that the fee is the same so it's not a money issue.
I hope you have news soon so you won't have to go through the same procedure again...
Yes, probably something wrong with my previous application, my employer did not use consultant last time so this time he is bit careful and already got a consultant to deal with them.

Consultant just starting advertisement process in 1-2 day. Have to wait for 4-5 months again.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krout said:
Hi everybody! I've got some information to share on my case I received moments ago. My perspective employer called the SC and found out the actual date of the start of LMIA processing which was 2016-03-03. Also, they said that no additional documents are necessary in our case and that current estimated time for LMIA processing stands at 8 weeks, so we should receive an answer, be it positive or negative, by 2016-05-03.
I bet if it happen in 8 weeks. SC have been telling my employer 8 weeks since many months but it actually never happened. Good luck, you might have to wait bit longer so dont expect it in 8 weeks but you will surely hear from them at some point in 4-5 months hopefully. Unless it is for higher wages and includes 10 day processing.

pliscki

Feb 21, 2016
Hi guys,

The employer is going to send the application next week. But I don't know if they're going to apply for dual intent.

Do you think I should ask them aboutit? I'm afraid they might think I could have second intentions.

I don't know if my concern is valid.

Regards,

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fastfood said:
Did you use a consultant? would you like to share your NOC and province?
Noc 7283, tile setter(my husband), Ontario. We did use a consultant.

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
fastfood said:
I bet if it happen in 8 weeks. SC have been telling my employer 8 weeks since many months but it actually never happened. Good luck, you might have to wait bit longer so dont expect it in 8 weeks but you will surely hear from them at some point in 4-5 months hopefully. Unless it is for higher wages and includes 10 day processing.
Hi fastfood! Thank you for your comment.

As I am frequent visitor of this forum I am well aware of the LMIA processing time issues. I just wanted to relay some information my perspective employer got from SC.

In our previous attempt at getting the LMIA we received file number and two calls from SC within days of application, and then the refusal within 16 days. So, I guess the only thing we can all agree is that there is no discernable pattern to LMIA processing times.

Do you or some else knows if (when) positive LMIA for EE support is issued, how much time has the applicant for inputting it to his/hers EE profile? (Is there a time limit to positive LMIA validity?)

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pliscki said:
Hi guys,

The employer is going to send the application next week. But I don't know if they're going to apply for dual intent.

Do you think I should ask them aboutit? I'm afraid they might think I could have second intentions.

I don't know if my concern is valid.

Regards,
Well there is a way to ask them. Ask them if it is going to be a Dual intent because you heard that processing times are good for Dual intent and also just in case if WP is declined (If you are not from visa exempt country) then you can at least hope for the PR application to go through so that you can join the organisation ASAP.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deea_S said:
fastfood said:
Did you use a consultant? would you like to share your NOC and province?
Noc 7283, tile setter(my husband), Ontario. We did use a consultant.
Now it looks like using a consultant also doesn't make any difference in the processing times but might be little help in outcome of the application.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krout said:
Hi fastfood! Thank you for your comment.

As I am frequent visitor of this forum I am well aware of the LMIA processing time issues. I just wanted to relay some information my perspective employer got from SC.

In our previous attempt at getting the LMIA we received file number and two calls from SC within days of application, and then the refusal within 16 days. So, I guess the only thing we can all agree is that there is no discernable pattern to LMIA processing times.

Do you or some else knows if (when) positive LMIA for EE support is issued, how much time has the applicant for inputting it to his/hers EE profile? (Is there a time limit to positive LMIA validity?)
Would you like to share your NOC and province along with wages if you know? I never read in any post if someone's LMIA was processed withing couple of weeks unless it was filed for higher wages.

I think I read some post for EE support LMIA which took almost 3-4 months. Yes, usually LMIA are issued for 6 months validity but sometimes SC only give only 3 months validity where they strongly believe that employment rate may change within 3 months and may impact Canadian Citizens and Permanent residents.

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
fastfood said:
Would you like to share your NOC and province along with wages if you know? I never read in any post if someone's LMIA was processed withing couple of weeks unless it was filed for higher wages.

I think I read some post for EE support LMIA which took almost 3-4 months. Yes, usually LMIA are issued for 6 months validity but sometimes SC only give only 3 months validity where they strongly believe that employment rate may change within 3 months and may impact Canadian Citizens and Permanent residents.
Thanks for the info on LMIA validity fastfood.

I hope you and everybody visiting this forum will understand but by request of my perspective employer I have to keep some information private, for now at least. If and when I, hopefully, get a positive LMIA, and my PR application is completed, I will gladly share all of my information.

The first LMIA was refused on the basis that offered wage was lower than the prevailing wage and due to insufficient advertising. In the second LMIA application those insufficiencies were rectified. The wage is more than $43/hour.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
We got dual LMIA in 20 business day. NOC 7265, Ontario. (it is a demand occupation, eligible for a 10 days process) SC told us, if the application is not completed, or some documents are missing, they put you back in the line, it means the processing time starts again. So my opinion is to get the fastest LMIA, you have to complete everything correctly.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krout said:
Thanks for the info on LMIA validity fastfood.

I hope you and everybody visiting this forum will understand but by request of my perspective employer I have to keep some information private, for now at least. If and when I, hopefully, get a positive LMIA, and my PR application is completed, I will gladly share all of my information.

The first LMIA was refused on the basis that offered wage was lower than the prevailing wage and due to insufficient advertising. In the second LMIA application those insufficiencies were rectified. The wage is more than $43/hour.
No worries! Good luck with your application. Hope we all will go through this pain one day.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandra02 said:
We got dual LMIA in 20 business day. NOC 7265, Ontario. (it is a demand occupation, eligible for a 10 days process) SC told us, if the application is not completed, or some documents are missing, they put you back in the line, it means the processing time starts again. So my opinion is to get the fastest LMIA, you have to complete everything correctly.
Very true Sandra..thats why it is always a good idea to hire a consultant while doing LMIA but again it depends if employer agree to hire a consultant. My employer is finally agreed to hire a consultant when he wasted money in the first attempt.

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

Application sent to SC on 25th Jan 2016
Interview on 7th April 2016
Approved lmia on same day
COOK position, British COlumbia

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deea_S said:
Approved!!!!!!!!!!!
The emoloyer call them today, and it looks like is approved since April 7, yesterday!!! 8 months since we are waiting for this! Dual Intent, Ontario, Noc 7283....