+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
alekspara said:
My lawyer said Vancouver center runs at about 12 weeks while across the rest of the country is 8-10 weeks. Of course these are estimated timelines and can be affected by various reasons such as holiday breaks, incomplete application, wrong processing center etc.
Also I know someone who applied the exact same date with me in Vancouver center as well and he doesn't have any news either.
I hope everything runs smoothly this time for you. Was a lawyer used for the first application as well?
Yeah the lawyer was involved on our first attempt, it was my employer mistake that she was not able to demonstrate everything for the first time but now she's fully prepared and our application is strong enough to get positive lmia. Lets see what will happen....good luck to you too...hope we will hear good news very soon!

Pink81

Mar 25, 2016
Share my timeline
Jan 18 submit lmia application
Feb 8 file number received
Today cic call my employer to prepare for a 3 hours interview anytime on April
NOC 6211
From Alberta

kyleahn

Mar 29, 2016
Hi guys, I just wondering, Share my timeline for a lmia and get some advise. It is noc 6216 in SK
My employer was applying LMIA, OCT,29. We got a file number NOV, 6. Thanksgiving, Chrismas, Happy new year, Easter Day etc...
But still waiting. what the hell is going on? A lot of holiday during the my period.
I think that is over the average days. and We got a compliance check. It is too bad.
Owner said, send compliance documents 5 times to ESDC. heard from ESDC, The 5 Times were last documents. But still waiting.
I don't know. What do i do to get a LMIA. This time is misery. I am from outside country. Wanna get some fresh air in CANADA.
Please, I know Just waiting is the best choice. Who knows? What is the best way to get a lmia!!!? Please advise for me and share timeline.
Thank you guys

raisa786e2010

Apr 21, 2015
HI my employee applied Lmia in 27 nov 2015 next week we got file no and on 23 feb they called for additional doc which we provide within 2 days but after that nothing coming out
Noc:- 2175 - Web designers and developers
Applied- 27 nov
Additional doc- 23 feb

Tiffany_7

Jan 11, 2014
Hi guys,

I have a question. Under what condition the employer is exempted from LMIA? I'm working in quebec and have a CSQ under PEG.

Thanks in advance

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi anyone here who applied for LMIA with support for PR only? what is aprox. timeline? please share! intend to apply soon.

Pewit

Mar 29, 2016
Hi everyone! I read quite a few pages, but didn't find anything similar to my situation. I'm buying a 51% share of a Canadian company, so I'm self employed. So how would you suggest me to get a LMIA? Thank you in advance!

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
Pink81 said:
Share my timeline
Jan 18 submit lmia application
Feb 8 file number received
Today cic call my employer to prepare for a 3 hours interview anytime on April
NOC 6211
From Alberta

3 hour interview for NOC 6211? We had an interview last time for only 45 minutes & we applied for specialty chef position but it got rejected after 3 days of an interview. We've again applied under cook position and the application is running on 10th week, no interview till now.

Pra55i

Mar 30, 2016
Hi all -- I was following this forum quietly as my LMIA was in processes and felt like updating my status as it may help few around in terms of processing times

Applied for LMIA and got good news...1 month processing time (Foriegn Academic position; High wage category). One enquire at 17 day mark. Hope all in here get positive feedbacks. Now I will have to apply for work permit as I am not work permit exempt.

I have a question: I have visiting visa for canada and I wanted to visit cananda next month for a conference i.e that would be when I have applied for work permit or my work permit application will be in processing. Just wondering can I visit canada if my work permit is being processed? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negative said:
Hi guys,
Finally good news.
LMIA Approved
NOC 2173 Software Engineer
Toronto, Ontario
Applying outside Canada
Here is my timeline:
Offered a job at May 2015.
Lmia Application on September (Can't remember the exact dates- 4 months after the offer)
Interview call at 8th week (November 2015)
Negative LMIA a week later.
Wage is below median. Actually it wasn't but the ad was posted with a range as X CAD to Y CAD. Eventually X was lower than median while Y was above.
So this was a very minor error.
The company was so nice to apply again. They posted another ad, waited 1 month and re-application again.
The officer said that we should write this to the cover letter of the new application so the process could go faster. But it didn't.
Re-application on January 12
Interview call March 2nd (Exactly 8 weeks. Again. It is faster than average on this forum ).
It had to be rescheduled again because the officer couldn't reach the guy responsible with the application.
Next interview call on March 14th.
LMIA approved on March 24th

Application process took almost 20 weeks(including the first negative). And I've been waiting for almost a year now.
Thanks for all people who sent feedback and reviews. I checked this site so many times. Timelines really helped me to see how the process is going.
For everyone please send your timelines, after you get results. It helps people a lot.

I am not from a visa exempt country. The next thing will be to apply for visa. I hope I will get it in 4 to 8 weeks. Worst is over now.
I am looking forward to hear your good results as well. Especially Funbox's application is very similar to me. Both applied around same time. Both refused and both IT sector.
I am sure you will hear good news too.
Congratulations! I'm applying on the same NOC in the same city as you.
Enjoy Canada!

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negative said:
Hi guys,
Finally good news.
LMIA Approved
NOC 2173 Software Engineer
Toronto, Ontario
Applying outside Canada
Here is my timeline:
Offered a job at May 2015.
Lmia Application on September (Can't remember the exact dates- 4 months after the offer)
Interview call at 8th week (November 2015)
Negative LMIA a week later.
Wage is below median. Actually it wasn't but the ad was posted with a range as X CAD to Y CAD. Eventually X was lower than median while Y was above.
So this was a very minor error.
The company was so nice to apply again. They posted another ad, waited 1 month and re-application again.
The officer said that we should write this to the cover letter of the new application so the process could go faster. But it didn't.
Re-application on January 12
Interview call March 2nd (Exactly 8 weeks. Again. It is faster than average on this forum ).
It had to be rescheduled again because the officer couldn't reach the guy responsible with the application.
Next interview call on March 14th.
LMIA approved on March 24th

Application process took almost 20 weeks(including the first negative). And I've been waiting for almost a year now.
Thanks for all people who sent feedback and reviews. I checked this site so many times. Timelines really helped me to see how the process is going.
For everyone please send your timelines, after you get results. It helps people a lot.

I am not from a visa exempt country. The next thing will be to apply for visa. I hope I will get it in 4 to 8 weeks. Worst is over now.
I am looking forward to hear your good results as well. Especially Funbox's application is very similar to me. Both applied around same time. Both refused and both IT sector.
I am sure you will hear good news too.
Congratulation

Me too I am not from visa exampt countrys, i need to apply for visa but first i am preparing work permit documents, what about you? Are you too applying first for work permit? Than for visa to enter in Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Pewit said:
Hi everyone! I read quite a few pages, but didn't find anything similar to my situation. I'm buying a 51% share of a Canadian company, so I'm self employed. So how would you suggest me to get a LMIA? Thank you in advance!
This doesn't qualify you for an LMIA.

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still waiting since the beginning of February for an answer on my boyfriend's lmia... :'( is this normal to be waiting so long just for the yes or no answer?? :(

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Sarahnicole
Have they called your employer for an interview?
If not and you've submitted the application in February then it's normal to not have an answer yet.
If they interviewed the employer in the beginning of February then the employer can try calling them since the decision is taking so long.
Keep in mind though that sometimes they call just for requesting some extra documents which is not considered as "the interview".

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, I guess it's been a whole since I posted. I'm just updating the progress on my boyfriend's LMIA application.

NOC Code 7205 fireproofing plastering foreman/woman
Calgary, Alberta

He had originally sent his application in June of last year, never heard anything from SC and couldn't get any information until September when they told him they never received the application. He went home to Ireland at the end of November. His work resent it around the first week of December.

The last bit of news we got from his work is that they are now just waiting for a decision to be made, and that was around the beginning of February.

So we are still just waiting for the approval/denial of the LMIA.