App. Filed.......
20-Apr
Passport Req..
15-Sept/19-Sept submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted Country
LANDED..........
30 Sept(Same day COPR)
Flag Pole/Peace Bridge/Scary---Graduate certificate?--- :eek:what?

I cross the Fort Erie-Peace Bridge today.
I'm from visa exempted country.
Dual intend LMIA approved in end of Feb.

It was typical Flag Pole until officer asked me 'Graduate certificate'.

I prepared,,,
1.LMIA letter
2.Pay stub.
3.Job Certificate.
And
4.Bank statement (for just in case) ;D

Officer went through each document and,,,suddenly he asked me 'Graduate Certificate'...
(I said :eek: 'What?')
To be honest with you I panicked for few seconds,,, :mad:
and I realize my laptop was on my shoulder in the back pack :(.
I asked him to if I open my Laptop and he agreed.
I went through 'WES' e-mail but I wasn't able to find....T T....
I remember I might saved it as PDF,,,
Finally found and show him.

He satisfied and issued me Work permit for 2 years. Hewwwwwwwww

I paid $155CAD.
By the way the CBPA computer was super slow and,,,,snail marathon.

I hope it helps your trip.

Hope you all the best.

sdabadie

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Joejo said:
I have a bad news! My LMIA was rejected by SC and the reason was that 'the employer is unable to fulfill the employment terms'. My employer applied on the 22nd December and got interview call on the 18th January. We received the rejection letter by mail on the 16th February, which was dated 28th January.

Now we have to start the whole process again... It was LMIA to support PR...
Hi there, are you planning on resubmitting an LMIA application? My lawyer advised me not to, if nothing in my job has changed.

dmvyas84

Mar 11, 2016
fredde587 said:
Just wondering what the normal processing time would be for a high waged job ( $28 ) in the oil fields in alberta? My employer sent in the application today what should I be expecting?

mtroo

Jan 23, 2016
Speaking of lawyers. I've been waiting since November for a LMIA response for Ontario, and it's a bit frustrating not knowing what is going on - I'm outside Canada, and the goal would be a temporary work visa for 2 years. My employer's HR office says that a lawyer could speed things up, but there's no budget to pay one; so I was playing with the idea of paying one myself. Now, considering that the LMIA process is already started, he/she wouldn't have to prepare documents etc and the only job would be to follow my case closely, does anyone of you have an idea of the fee for such a service? Or is it pointless at all? Thanks!

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
mtroo said:
Speaking of lawyers. I've been waiting since November for a LMIA response for Ontario, and it's a bit frustrating not knowing what is going on - I'm outside Canada, and the goal would be a temporary work visa for 2 years. My employer's HR office says that a lawyer could speed things up, but there's no budget to pay one; so I was playing with the idea of paying one myself. Now, considering that the LMIA process is already started, he/she wouldn't have to prepare documents etc and the only job would be to follow my case closely, does anyone of you have an idea of the fee for such a service? Or is it pointless at all? Thanks!
In my opinion, hiring a lawyer after the fact, i.e. while awaiting LMIA is actually pointless in regard to the ongoing procedure because the employer has to list, if any, a lawyer who is acting on his/hers behind in the LMIA application form. When this is the case, the lawyer can act in an official capacity towards the CS. Also, I think I read somewhere that all aspects of preparing and applying for LMIA is solely the responsibility of the employer, including all expenses which I believe cover perspective lawyer services as well, again if any. So, if the current LMIA is negative, your employer could consider hiring a lawyer to help with the preparations for the second attempt, but not you yourself. (A second opinion on this matter would be welcomed.)

hideyoshi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miketvguy said:

I prepared,,,
1.LMIA letter
2.Pay stub.
3.Job Certificate.
And

Officer went through each document and,,,suddenly he asked me 'Graduate Certificate'...

I paid $155CAD.

Hope you all the best.
Hi, so u went to there to apply for a work permit in person? Did u hear someone to apply work permit online base on LMIA? the processing time is ?

I am apply the work permit by using the LMIA at FEB 5, but I still w8ing for the work permit. so sad.

Thank you for sharing ur trip....

redcar22

Dec 18, 2015
hideyoshi said:
Hi, so u went to there to apply for a work permit in person? Did u hear someone to apply work permit online base on LMIA? the processing time is ?

I am apply the work permit by using the LMIA at FEB 5, but I still w8ing for the work permit. so sad.

Thank you for sharing ur trip....
I got dual intent LMIA in Dec, then applied for WP through VFS India Bangalore on Jan 20th 2016. Still waiting...
It says processing time 2 months in India. In my case it's very close. I am getting worried.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with WP in India? Please send your comments. Thanks.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Miketvguy said:

I prepared,,,
1.LMIA letter
2.Pay stub.
3.Job Certificate.
And

I paid $155CAD.

Hope you all the best.
Hi what is a "graduate certifcate"? Was it just your diploma?

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! Another questions for the approved LMIA applicants here (I hope they still read this topic, lol).

A "consultant" just informed me that, after the positive LMIA, it could still take up to 3 months to get my work permit visa issued to finally start to work :(

Is that information accurate? Never heard of that before.
If someone knows the answer for this, I would be very grateful, thanks!

Edit: Formating.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diaswrd said:
Hello! Another questions for the approved LMIA applicants here (I hope they still read this topic, lol).

A "consultant" just informed me that, after the positive LMIA, it could still take up to 3 months to get my work permit visa issued to finally start to work :(

Is that information accurate? Never heard of that before.
If someone knows the answer for this, I would be very grateful, thanks!

Edit: Formating.
It is almost like that I have Lmia aproved now will apply for WP it takes one to two month based on your country of residence where you are, than visa max 18 days it means allmost 3 month

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LinaD said:
It is almost like that I have Lmia aproved now will apply for WP it takes one to two month based on your country of residence where you are, than visa max 18 days it means allmost 3 month
Thanks Lina!

That's not great news for me since I'm waiting for my LMIA within Canada and time is getting short. I will ask to extend my visitor visa and hope for the best.

But again, thank you very much for the response.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
diaswrd said:
Thanks Lina!

That's not great news for me since I'm waiting for my LMIA within Canada and time is getting short. I will ask to extend my visitor visa and hope for the best.

But again, thank you very much for the response.
You do not need to leave Canada while you are waiting for your visa extension. It means that your status will be Implied Status and the rules of your previous visa will prevail. Although I'm not sure if this is valid for someone who is changing the visa type (from visitor to work visa). You'd need to confirm with Service Canada. You can also apply for the visa even if your LMIA has not been approved yet. Then you would have to submit a proof that a LMIA has been applied by your future company.

Refer to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=701&top=17

Prat2487

Jan 8, 2016
Hello Everyone,

My employer has filled in for LMIA for NOC category B in Alberta on Jan 26th, 2016. He still hasn't received any file number or anything related to it? Can anyone please shadow what's the timeline usually for LMIA approval or to receive file number??
Please help!!!!!!
Thanks.

wangxin

Feb 9, 2016
Same here. Hr filed my case before Christmas, and then, nothing so far. In 3 month. So, we would like to file it again. =( why...................... :-X and we tried to contact with government, never reach it. Could anyone give some advice, how to contact with government to check if they receive your case or not?