+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Jan 6, 2016
audrey888 said:
I'm also waiting for the result of my Lmia sent a month ago for NOC 0631 here in Calgary. Can I use the positive Lmia for my EE application even without the work permit yet.? The WP processing nowadays is about 5 months.
HI
It has been 14 weeks waiting for NOC - 6312 LMIA. How more it takes to get Postive LMIA from Outside of Canada?

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
Anybody applying for noc 6322 (Cook) LMIA in Vancouver? It's mine second time, first it got rejected. We've applied again on 25th of december and file number is already given. We've been hiring a top lawyer from the beginning and our case was finalized within 6 weeks for the first time but it got rejected due to the employer mistake. Now i think it's already 2 week that we've lodge our file and hope this time they will give us decision even more fast then the first time because we've mentioned that the restaurant has been shut down and 4 canadian residents are laid off from job....finger crossed!

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Joejo said:
Hi all!

Is there anyone who applied for an LMIA to support PR only (No Fees LMIA)?
Hello Joejo,

I applied for LMIA to support PR only. When did you apply? What's your timeline?

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Master7 said:
Hello Joejo,

I applied for LMIA to support PR only. When did you apply? What's your timeline?
Hi I Applied on 22nd December 2015, got a call from service Canada on 14th January asking for proof of Advt in a national level and to show that the company has enough profit to support the TFW. Send the requested docs on 18th. No News since then..

patelsandip21

Feb 29, 2012
hello all,

I have applied for LMIA for NOC code 0132(courier manager) from edmonton on Jan 5, 2016. My Lawyer has applied for 2 LMIAs for my employer at the same time. Last week, my employer just got one file number without any name on it. Is it possible to know the name for which the file number has been assigned? Is it possible to have delay between both file even if applied on same day and for same position? How long do you think will take?

Please guide me.

Thank you

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Joejo said:
Hi I Applied on 22nd December 2015, got a call from service Canada on 14th January asking for proof of Advt in a national level and to show that the company has enough profit to support the TFW. Send the requested docs on 18th. No News since then..
Let's keep in touch since we applied more or less at the same time.

Your employer did not submit proof of advertisement and the company's financial information with the initial application package?

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Master7 said:
Let's keep in touch since we applied more or less at the same time.

Your employer did not submit proof of advertisement and the company's financial information with the initial application package?
Yes we submitted all the financial statements of the company for last 2 years. But we already have 2 approved LMIAs for low skilled position and they are still waiting for WP. The profit as per the financial statements doesn't cover salaries for 3 TFWs (including me, if approved). So they asked us to prove that we still have enough profit to support all the TFWs.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
audrey888 said:
I'm also waiting for the result of my Lmia sent a month ago for NOC 0631 here in Calgary. Can I use the positive Lmia for my EE application even without the work permit yet.? The WP processing nowadays is about 5 months.
Hi! Yes, you can use the LMIA to add points to your express entry and be invited to apply for PR. The WP is an alternative way of getting in Canada faster( while still applying for Pr through EE), as PR processing usually takes around 100 days, form what I've heard of. Here in Brazil, WP is usually taking around 2 months, so it worths the risk.

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Hi Guys,

I have a problem.. The employer can't update their account on job bank.. "You are currently on the older version of Job Bank for Employers. As of February 1st 2016, jobs can no longer be created using this version. To continue using Job Bank to advertise your job postings, you must sign up to have access to the new Job Bank for Employers. If you have jobs currently advertised, you may modify them here until they expire.
So they tried signing up as a new Job Bank for Employer- but then it says that the company is already registered..
Do you guys think we will have to Deactivate the account and sign up as a new account?
Any suggestions? :eek:

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
katie26 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a problem.. The employer can't update their account on job bank.. "You are currently on the older version of Job Bank for Employers. As of February 1st 2016, jobs can no longer be created using this version. To continue using Job Bank to advertise your job postings, you must sign up to have access to the new Job Bank for Employers. If you have jobs currently advertised, you may modify them here until they expire.
So they tried signing up as a new Job Bank for Employer- but then it says that the company is already registered..
Do you guys think we will have to Deactivate the account and sign up as a new account?
Any suggestions? :eek:
Hi katie26,

My perspective employer yesterday successfully extended the advertisement on JobBank.gc.ca for another month, i.e. had no trouble updating the account. So, I guess the system works in general. Your employer should probably contact Employer Support.

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I am working on open work permit now and my employer is going to apply for LMIA for me. I think there are two types od LMIA right? One is regular LMIA which will change my work permit and make it close with my employer and other is LMIA PR in which my work permit eill remain same. So my question is there any difference in processing time between both LMIA or processing is same for both? Is there any difference in sucess rate of both LMIA? I shall be very greatful if anybody can answer my question? Thanks

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi preet93,

The LMIA for only PR is free, the other one is $1000. Otherwise both of them need advertisements to proof there is no Canadian available for the job. Good luck.

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband applied LMIA on 25th of Jan but no news , even no file number.
very worried.
Anyone updated?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
preet93 said:
Hi Guys,
I am working on open work permit now and my employer is going to apply for LMIA for me. I think there are two types od LMIA right? One is regular LMIA which will change my work permit and make it close with my employer and other is LMIA PR in which my work permit eill remain same. So my question is there any difference in processing time between both LMIA or processing is same for both? Is there any difference in sucess rate of both LMIA? I shall be very greatful if anybody can answer my question? Thanks
The processing time for both LMIAs are the same. All the requirements are also the same.
The only different is that the Dual Intent LMIA will give you a work permit that will allows you to work in Canada while you are waiting for the PR and you need to pay a CAN$1000 fee. The other LMIA is valid only for PR and is free, which means that you will not get any work permit or work permit extension.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
OnOn said:
My husband applied LMIA on 25th of Jan but no news , even no file number.
very worried.
Anyone updated?
I've heard cases that took many days to get a file number and cases that took 2 days.
His employer can call to Service Canada and check if they got the application.