10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Funbox said:
Exactly. But, the more ads you have advertised during the whole process, the better.
A good option is to advertise on Monster or Workopolis for a month or two (which are paid websites) and keep it advertised on Job Bank and any other free website such as Indeed. My employer is going to re-apply soon and probably we will use Monster + Job Bank + Indeed + AllStarJobs.
When I was in the process Indeed changed their policy and started charging. What Indeed does is they have some webcrawlers and it literally copy/paste your ad from other websites, in my case Jobbank, with a few details missing. Due to that, we wanted to edit the ad, and Indeed told us that in order to do so we have to pay the fee. This was during last spring-summer.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlanKju said:
NEWS!
My employer called today. They've had the interview yesterday. SC gave him a hard to time to explain why hiring a foreign for the position, etc, but I think they were satisfied with the explanation. BUT... there are minor adjustments on the legal terms of the job offer, like adding words to make them comfortable that this is a full-time position and other small wording things. I'm hoping it will be sorted out soon.

so, not an approval YET, but it's coming!

Hi Alan
can you please share what did your employer say when they asked him that why hiring a foreign worker, your response will be highly appreciated
thanks

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Funbox said:
Most people used the sites below. In addition to the Job Bank, you need to choose two additional websites.

- Job Bank (this is mandatory and must remain advertised during the whole process)
- Workopolis (around $600 per month)
- Monster (around $600 for 2 months)
- Indeed (Free)
- CanadaJobs.com (Free)
- AllStarJobs (Free)
I used WorkBC (provincial job bank), Career Owl, and Craiglist.

Does anybody know if Craiglist is an acceptable website?

Thank you!

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
johnny123 said:
When I was in the process Indeed changed their policy and started charging. What Indeed does is they have some webcrawlers and it literally copy/paste your ad from other websites, in my case Jobbank, with a few details missing. Due to that, we wanted to edit the ad, and Indeed told us that in order to do so we have to pay the fee. This was during last spring-summer.
Yeah... I noticed that. I think if you create the job ad on Indeed using your own account, you can edit for free.
When we had it advertised, there were 3 ads for the same job position, but we actually created just one of them.

ETA TAU

Jan 17, 2016
okay. I have a good news!

My employer got an email today from service canada saying they approved positive LMIA for us. The letter will be mailed in shortly. Here are my timeline.

Application Submitted: Oct 8, 2015
Payment Charged: Oct 20, 2015
Additional Documents Requested: Oct 26, 2015
Additional Documents Submitted: Nov 8, 2015
1st Phone Call: Jan 27, 2016 (My employer didn't have time to talk. So they set up the time)
2nd Phone Call: Jan 28, 2016 (Interview for 25 min.)
Notice of Approval: Jan 29, 2016
Received the Approval Letter: still waiting

I hope everyone will get a good news soon! If you have any questions, I try to answer with my best.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Master7 said:
I used WorkBC (provincial job bank), Career Owl, and Craiglist.

Does anybody know if Craiglist is an acceptable website?

Thank you!
Unfortunately no - Craigslist was rejected on my original submission. They consider it a classified site, not a job/careers site.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ETA TAU said:
okay. I have a good news!

My employer got an email today from service canada saying they approved positive LMIA for us. The letter will be mailed in shortly. Here are my timeline.

Application Submitted: Oct 8, 2015
Payment Charged: Oct 20, 2015
Additional Documents Requested: Oct 26, 2015
Additional Documents Submitted: Nov 8, 2015
1st Phone Call: Jan 27, 2016 (My employer didn't have time to talk. So they set up the time)
2nd Phone Call: Jan 28, 2016 (Interview for 25 min.)
Notice of Approval: Jan 29, 2016
Received the Approval Letter: still waiting

I hope everyone will get a good news soon! If you have any questions, I try to answer with my best.

HI can you please share the highlights of questions and answers of the interview

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Funbox said:
Yeah... I noticed that. I think if you create the job ad on Indeed using your own account, you can edit for free.
When we had it advertised, there were 3 ads for the same job position, but we actually created just one of them.
We created the ad initially but later it jost got overwritten/merged w/ Jobbank ad.

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nands_5555 said:
Hi Iam new to this forum
I applied for LMIA on 21 January 2016
Yesterday my employer got the call from service Canada and asking about company name ,mailing adress all general question
Does anyone has same experience like this ?
Hello,

My husband also applied LMIA on 25th of Jan,2016.

NOC is 6211(retail supervisor) in SK.

I would like to share processing time with you.

On getting LMIA, my husband will apply for the SINP.

ETA TAU

Jan 17, 2016
Honeyaustin said:
HI can you please share the highlights of questions and answers of the interview

They started basic questions which are already on the application sheets such as # of employee currently working, what kind of company, position applying for LMIA, and so on and on.

Some of answers were defferent from the ones on the application sheet, but as long as the employer explained why with acceptable reasons, it was fine.

Then they asked what the company did to find canadian candidate and if we are still seeking canadians. The answer to this question was that how many people have applied to the position, how many were good to interview, within those interviewed candidates why the weren't qualified, etc etc.

They also asked the reasons the company cannot find canadian candidate. The.The answer was this job requires very deep knowledge of specific culture.

Then they asked if my employer is willing to help me applying for PR.

Finally they asked when my employer wants me to start working and where I am now.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Dear forum members,

I need your insight on my case. If you would kindly give me your opinion.

My employer, based in B.C, just filed a LMIA to support permanent residency (I worked for this company from 2008 to 2011) the industry is international shipping and customs brokerage. The company basically deals with customers from all over the world.

My employer first posted the ads on July / 15 up until now he has been unable to find a suitable candidate, mainly because he can't find someone in B.C who is equally fluent in English and French and who has enough industry experience. I have C1 level in French and IETLS band 8. I'm fully bilingual on both languages.

Do you guys believe I have a good chance of being approved? I believe that the fact that my industry is international shipping and many languages including of course English and French I stand a chance.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinion.

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi to everybody! I've been away from the discussion for a while but I followed it.

First, congratulations to everybody who got the positive LMIA and are on their way to Canada!

Second, I have some information about my case to share:

- LMIA type: PR support
- Application received: 23-Nov-2015
- Negative decision: 09-Dec-2015
- Reasons: Offered wage was lower than the prevailing wage and insufficient advertising

My employer is preparing for the second try so wish me luck and if anybody has any insight to share regarding second chances please do so.

Also, if someone can answer the following: When the positive LMIA for PR support is issued, what is the time frame for entering the information (code) into ones EE profile? (I presume it is not entered by the ESDC, although my EE reference code was entered in to LMIA application form).

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Master7 said:
Dear forum members,

I need your insight on my case. If you would kindly give me your opinion.

My employer, based in B.C, just filed a LMIA to support permanent residency (I worked for this company from 2008 to 2011) the industry is international shipping and customs brokerage. The company basically deals with customers from all over the world.

My employer first posted the ads on July / 15 up until now he has been unable to find a suitable candidate, mainly because he can't find someone in B.C who is equally fluent in English and French and who has enough industry experience. I have C1 level in French and IETLS band 8. I'm fully bilingual on both languages.

Do you guys believe I have a good chance of being approved? I believe that the fact that my industry is international shipping and many languages including of course English and French I stand a chance.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinion.
As far as I know, the applicants language skills and competence, for that matter, are not being considered when a LMIA is being processed.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
krout said:
As far as I know, the applicants language skills and competence, for that matter, are not being considered when a LMIA is being processed.
Thank you for your reply.

According to my consultant you could, as long as it's English and French.

nands_5555

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
Med's Done....
08-08-2016 MEDICAL PASSED
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
OnOn said:
Hello,

My husband also applied LMIA on 25th of Jan,2016.

NOC is 6211(retail supervisor) in SK.

I would like to share processing time with you.

On getting LMIA, my husband will apply for the SINP.
Thanks for reply .i am just wondering it's too early to get call from service Canada
Anyways hope for the best may be they just want to make sure everything about company