+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

jay10

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Hi,

I'm new to this room. Was this a living in care giver LMIA, Just wondering.

Thanks

Jay

quote author=ETA TAU

link=topic=235591.msg4942590#msg4942590 date=1454093005]
okay. I have a good news!

My employer got an email today from service canada saying they approved positive LMIA for us. The letter will be mailed in shortly. Here are my timeline.

Application Submitted: Oct 8, 2015
Payment Charged: Oct 20, 2015
Additional Documents Requested: Oct 26, 2015
Additional Documents Submitted: Nov 8, 2015
1st Phone Call: Jan 27, 2016 (My employer didn't have time to talk. So they set up the time)
2nd Phone Call: Jan 28, 2016 (Interview for 25 min.)
Notice of Approval: Jan 29, 2016
Received the Approval Letter: still waiting

I hope everyone will get a good news soon! If you have any questions, I try to answer with my best.
[/quote]

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Honeyaustin said:
Hi Alan
can you please share what did your employer say when they asked him that why hiring a foreign worker, your response will be highly appreciated
thanks
I don't know the exact details of the interview, but in general, my expertise in oil AND mining made it narrower to find a suitable candidate. So I think it's a matter of having solid experience and something to set you apart from the crowd. Now, whether it should be covered in the job ad (which I think it might be a better option) or if the emplyer should try to deal with it on the interview, I don't know. But the general hint is: solid experience and an unique combination of skills, in order to make things less harder for them to explain.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Master7 said:
Thank you for your reply.

According to my consultant you could, as long as it's English and French.
It might be, as long as in your case, you should add that in terms of specific jargons, which might not be familiar to a native Canadian, inspite they speak natively English of French, in some cases both.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
AlanKju said:
It might be, as long as in your case, you should add that in terms of specific jargons, which might not be familiar to a native Canadian, inspite they speak natively English of French, in some cases both.
Thank you for your input.

I agree with your comment, there are indeed some individuals (though not many) who are fully bilingual English & French so I agree that this alone will not set me apart. In my case I also bring many years of professional experience in my field. So I'm hoping this will be enough..

For all potential applicants this quote summons it all:
"solid experience and an unique combination of skills, in order to make things less harder for them to explain."

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Hi Guys,

When they are asking for the proof of advertisement are we supposed to send them screen shots (which we have taken daily) of the job adds we had posted ? Or just state that the adds have been posted for a month ?

vino7891

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have issue with my LMIA process.

I applied for LMIA under NOC 1223 on Jan 26th my employer got an email stating that the Job posting online is not meeting the requirement and asked us to submit additional documents regarding job posting..

I initially posted the job add on October 1st 2015 and applied for LMIA on Nov 2nd 2015 but they didn't process the application stating that documents are missing and requested the employer to increase the pay rate at this point file no was not generated. So we increased the pay rate and added the missing docs and reapplied on Jan 26th my employer got an email stating ob posting online is not meeting the requirement and asked us to submit additional documents regarding job posting..

My Question:

In this case the email was sent by service Canada to my employer but consultant replied to that email coping the employer. My consultant filled the representation for initially.
So is is an issue that my consultant responded to the question rather than employer.

Please advice

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vino7891 said:
Hi,

I have issue with my LMIA process.

I applied for LMIA under NOC 1223 on Jan 26th my employer got an email stating that the Job posting online is not meeting the requirement and asked us to submit additional documents regarding job posting..

I initially posted the job add on October 1st 2015 and applied for LMIA on Nov 2nd 2015 but they didn't process the application stating that documents are missing and requested the employer to increase the pay rate at this point file no was not generated. So we increased the pay rate and added the missing docs and reapplied on Jan 26th my employer got an email stating ob posting online is not meeting the requirement and asked us to submit additional documents regarding job posting..

My Question:

In this case the email was sent by service Canada to my employer but consultant replied to that email coping the employer. My consultant filled the representation for initially.
So is is an issue that my consultant responded to the question rather than employer.

Please advice
If you listed the representative on your application than it won't matter who responded to the enquiry.

You will likely need to re-advertise the role (we had to submit twice for the same NOC 1223, first time was due not meeting advertising requirements).

Good luck!

vino7891

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for you response .
Yesterday we send the copy of the advertisement in PDF formal and also attached the link for the ad.
So in this case do you recommend the employer to call service canada or to wait for the update?

Thanks

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received pretty speedy responses to any additional information given - I'd wait a couple of days before following up.

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My boyfriend got an email from his work yesterday. Apparently they phoned SC asking for a status update on his file and they said that at this time no further paperwork is required and that they are now just waiting for a decision to be made. :eek: Fingers crossed :'( :-[

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
SarahNicole said:
My boyfriend got an email from his work yesterday. Apparently they phoned SC asking for a status update on his file and they said that at this time no further paperwork is required and that they are now just waiting for a decision to be made. :eek: Fingers crossed :'( :-[
If his new application was in October it's possible that his employer get a call maybe next week. And then after that they make a decision or request additional documents.

In my case, the phone interview was made a week ago and they requested some wording adjustments on the job offer. I'm now waiting for the final decision in order to move forward to the TWP and EE profile update...

Elinbrown

Feb 5, 2016
My employer applied for 6 lmia on 12 th november 2015 as he is starting new business. He already received one positive lmia for chef but my one is food service manager and m still waiting for reply.
Does anyone knows what is processing time limit for same?
Thanks

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm also waiting for the result of my Lmia sent a month ago for NOC 0631 here in Calgary. Can I use the positive Lmia for my EE application even without the work permit yet.? The WP processing nowadays is about 5 months.

Elinbrown

Feb 5, 2016
Elinbrown said:
My employer applied for 6 lmia on 12 th november 2015 as he is starting new business. He already received one positive lmia for chef but my one is food service manager and m still waiting for reply.
Does anyone knows what is processing time limit for same?
Thanks
I want to know processing time for getting positive lmia to my employer. My employer is in vancouver.