+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

redcar22

Dec 18, 2015
you're welcome. Job bank median is more reliable.

I also think (not sure) that Software Engineer positions are exempt from advertising requirements. You may want to check that as well.

diaswrd

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redcar22 said:
you're welcome. Job bank median is more reliable.

I also think (not sure) that Software Engineer positions are exempt from advertising requirements. You may want to check that as well.
You're right, that's the rule for NOC 2173 when applying for a job in the video-games industry (limited to BC and ON) afaik.
And that's not my case since I'm working for a finance tech startup.

The advertising variation is limited to Digital Entertainment Software Engineer (NOC 2173) and Digital Artist (NOC 5241) positions within the video gaming and digital animation/visual effects industries. These positions require highly-specialized skills and/or unique artistic talents in order to successfully complete projects.

Variation: No advertising or recruitment is required.
Applicability: British Columbia and Ontario
Source: ESDC website.

Thank you for the tip and enjoy Canada!

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So sent off our second attempt on Wednesday, they received it in the office today. Boss had a phonetcall this morning with the case office saying she would close it out today and it looked very positive.

So a potential one day approval!?

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
maitresse8 said:
hello everyone i find this forum very interesting. i am currently in a process of submitting my lmia for noc code 6271 hair colour technician. i went to ontario this year and trained at an institute as a colour technician. i worked at a salon for 2 months one day a week, but then my visa was about to expire i had to go back to the uk. the salon has 2 locations in the york region and they desperatly need a colour techncian, they have advirtised on indeed, kijijiji, and even went to the hair school career fair and nobody was interested in applying except me. i would have to let the company advirtise on the job bank for at least 4 weeks. i do know on the lmia i have to provide evidence of ads. also inc prevailing wage

the salon has a labour and skills shortage.

i do have a few questions ....how long can it usually take, and is it considered low wage - skilled labour. its noc 6271 under hair stylist

all feedback would be greatly appreciated
I'm a haistylist and just been approved LMIA for a national chain salon in Calgary. My company used a professional consultant who did all the work and have a good results in getting a positive LMIA it cost including fees for SC $2500

Job bank and indeed were there national adverts and on other sites do not use kijiji as a main source it's not really accepted.
Even though it's high skill it's a low wage stream job. I waited 19wks for answer after apication was submitted.
Good luck I'm happy to answer any questions if I can help.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Congratulations to everyone who have just got approved LMIA.

It's moved on a few pages since I was last on. So update.
Flights Booked for 15th Jan direct to Calgary where I will get work permit at POE as I'm skilled trade hubby will get his open work permit. My company has also secured me a rental property only a 10 min commute to work.
Signed my work contract today as well. So I'm really excited now.
Fingers crossed to all you waiting I hope you all get positive answers soon

ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Congratulations to everyone who have just got approved LMIA.

It's moved on a few pages since I was last on. So update.
Flights Booked for 15th Jan direct to Calgary where I will get work permit at POE as I'm skilled trade hubby will get his open work permit. My company has also secured me a rental property only a 10 min commute to work.
Signed my work contract today as well. So I'm really excited now.
Fingers crossed to all you waiting I hope you all get positive answers soon
Congratulations sunshinegirl!!!!!

Wish you all the best for your next step!!!!

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
I'm still waiting the interview.

16 weeks waiting.
7 weeks since the additional documents were sent.

My wage was above the median wage, but last week, the median wage for my position in Calgary raised 2 dollars. So my wage now is slightly below (but above if I consider Alberta). I hope they take into account the old median wage.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
I'm still waiting the interview.

16 weeks waiting.
7 weeks since the additional documents were sent.

My wage was above the median wage, but last week, the median wage for my position in Calgary raised 2 dollars. So my wage now is slightly below (but above if I consider Alberta). I hope they take into account the old median wage.

Where do you check the wage? I always check it at job bank, or should I check somewhere else.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
Yes. I checked on Job Bank.
On the same page where my employers position is advertised, we can see the Median Wage.
Thank you me too I check there, for your case they should take in consideration that you applied before 16 week they should take the wage that was that time.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Funbox said:
Yeah. I also think so. Fingers crossed!
Hi Funbox, I think that this rate above $40/hour matters most for 10-day express service, which I almost reached, but unfortunately not. I think that being a median rate is will not be an issue, as long as it goes above the province median for your NOC.

Other thing that's bothering me (a little) is that inspite of officially Service Canada will only be closed on Dec, 25 and 28, and Jan,1st, I think that we might not hear from them until after that. Christmas mood in the air, some on vacation time... (whisper...) :'(

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
AlanKju said:
Hi Funbox, I think that this rate above $40/hour matters most for 10-day express service, which I almost reached, but unfortunately not. I think that being a median rate is will not be an issue, as long as it goes above the province median for your NOC.

Other thing that's bothering me (a little) is that inspite of officially Service Canada will only be closed on Dec, 25 and 28, and Jan,1st, I think that we might not hear from them until after that. Christmas mood in the air, some on vacation time... (whisper...) :'(
Yes. I think so... At least, the wage is above the province median wage.
My employer just duplicated the job posting as it cannot be extended on Job Bank for more than 120 days. It is the second time we had to do that... waiting all this time is frustrating.

Governments are always slow, so in holiday season we cannot expect anything from them. It looks like we have a similar timeline. My additional documents were requested 2 days before yours. No interview so far.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Funbox said:
Yes. I think so... At least, the wage is above the province median wage.
My employer just duplicated the job posting as it cannot be extended on Job Bank for more than 120 days. It is the second time we had to do that... waiting all this time is frustrating.

Governments are always slow, so in holiday season we cannot expect anything from them. It looks like we have a similar timeline. My additional documents were requested 2 days before yours. No interview so far.
Well while we wait, let's try to move on in other areas of life and keep our minds busy as time goes by. Seeing here some successful recent stories fill us with joy and hope. If we don't chat later, I'd like to wish a Merry Christmas and a Great 2016 for us all. May us have a happy year regardless of the LMIA results, but hope to see you all in Canada someday. All the best!

maitresse8

Dec 17, 2015
I have a question, currently on the bring on getting an IEC visa valid for 2 years, before that I was on a student visa training at a company, I was offered employment at a workplace where there was a labour shortage for that occupation. when my visa ran out, i returned back the england. Now my employer is willing to applying me to keep on permanently because he has a labour shortage at his business because nobody wants to work there.

my question is:

can you apply for dual intent lmia whilst under an IEC visa in order to apply for permanent residency/temporary work permit whilst your iec is valid for 2 years.

lmia's take a long time is it ok to apply for dual intent whilst iec and then swtich from iec to dual intent if lmia is approved in order apply for pr under express entry and is that allowed.

any information is helpful. ive done alot of research, i do know you cannot get implied status on iec, but i hoping to start super early.

anybody have any experiences in doing this, thank you

my noc skillset is 6271. skill set b

in addition its in ontario, so i will have to apply for a license

furthermore, the occupation advertised is median prevailing wage of $13.50 under the GTA REGION job bank, i also know you have to advertise under job bank, and 4 other sources, the prevailing wage is under low wage (4 other sources one magazine related to profession, monster.ca, kijiji and indeed, do a diverse scope in advertising) - my employer has advertised everywhere, not job bank and even at the place where i trained back in may 2016 at a career fair, 6 resumes were givesn 5 canadian, 1 foreign which is mind, i was the only one to turn up at the interview. i

in addition canadians/pr apply there and nobody bothers showing up for interview or just leave. hence why i decided to take up the offer of job and come back.

does that mean i can only get a one year work permit under low wage under new lmia regulations> especially if i am applying for dual intent lmia for pr. - and pay $1000 fee. I am fully aware the application has to be done to perfection.

regards

matiresse8