+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
Sorry to hear that puru87. What noc was your application and what were the reason of rejected

Chef 6321
refusal reasons:
1) you have not demonstrated sufficient efforts to hire Canadians in the occupation
2) there is no indication that a labour shortage exists
3) you didn't sufficiently demonstrate that there is a reasonable employment needed for this job in your business

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ridiculous, hope this time you will fulfill they're expectation, finger crossed for all of us waiting.

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlanKju said:
Funbox, hope we'll meet in Alberta soon! Let's look at the bright side: with all the delays in LMIA and the additional weeks for WP, we'll skip this first winter! But now, seriously, SC Canada should be more continuous when dealing with the applications, I mean, it's ok (sort of) if they take time to start the process, but I think that once started, the process should be more straight forward.
Hopefully you do miss winter here! Haha

It can be cold and snowing into late May up here

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
puru87 said:
Hi everyone I am new here and I have some questions?

My perspective employer applied for LMIA (high-wage position) on 16 November, 2015, and has since had two phone conversations (to the employer they did not seem like interviews; i.e. he did not receive a formal invitation for an interview) with an ESDC officer. The officer expressed some doubt whether the offered wage is enough for the position for which the LMIA is being sought. Everything else appears to check out.

Are the two phone conversations usual? Do they increase or decrease my chances? Will the employer get a formal invitation to an interview? Could this one small problem with the wage which could be only slightly below the prevailing wage for this type of position be enough to sway the officer to issue negative LMIA?

MINE GOT REJECTED AFTER THEY INTERVIEW COUPLE OF TIME WITH MY EMPLOYER, I BELIEVE IF THEY'VE ANY DOUBT THEY WILL INTERVIEW FOR COUPLE OF TIME. I'M APPLYING LMIA AGAIN AND IT'S ON ADVERTISING PROCESS! GOOD LUCK MATE!
Thank you AlanKju and puru87 for your inputs. I hope you eventually get your positive LMIA'a

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
SarahNicole said:
Hopefully you do miss winter here! Haha

It can be cold and snowing into late May up here
Yeah, but as I said, it would be the FIRST winter. There'll be a lifetime to enjoy all the muddy snow at its best and wearing multiple layers of clothes! haha :D Can't wait for it! ;)

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlanKju said:
Yeah, but as I said, it would be the FIRST winter. There'll be a lifetime to enjoy all the muddy snow at its best and wearing multiple layers of clothes! haha :D Can't wait for it! ;)
It's a wonderful place indeed ;D Hopefully you get here soon!

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Zarf said:
thanks for the answers!
The position is still open and the company is trying to contact for updates since may, but everything that they got is messages saying that the application is still in process. I'll talk with the company tomorrow and we will see what we can do about it.

I'll keep you guys updated about what will happen!
Hello Zarf, any news form your side?

maitresse8

Dec 17, 2015
hello everyone i find this forum very interesting. i am currently in a process of submitting my lmia for noc code 6271 hair colour technician. i went to ontario this year and trained at an institute as a colour technician. i worked at a salon for 2 months one day a week, but then my visa was about to expire i had to go back to the uk. the salon has 2 locations in the york region and they desperatly need a colour techncian, they have advirtised on indeed, kijijiji, and even went to the hair school career fair and nobody was interested in applying except me. i would have to let the company advirtise on the job bank for at least 4 weeks. i do know on the lmia i have to provide evidence of ads. also inc prevailing wage

the salon has a labour and skills shortage.

i do have a few questions ....how long can it usually take, and is it considered low wage - skilled labour. its noc 6271 under hair stylist

all feedback would be greatly appreciated

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
maitresse8 said:
hello everyone i find this forum very interesting. i am currently in a process of submitting my lmia for noc code 6271 hair colour technician. i went to ontario this year and trained at an institute as a colour technician. i worked at a salon for 2 months one day a week, but then my visa was about to expire i had to go back to the uk. the salon has 2 locations in the york region and they desperatly need a colour techncian, they have advirtised on indeed, kijijiji, and even went to the hair school career fair and nobody was interested in applying except me. i would have to let the company advirtise on the job bank for at least 4 weeks. i do know on the lmia i have to provide evidence of ads. also inc prevailing wage

the salon has a labour and skills shortage.

i do have a few questions ....how long can it usually take, and is it considered low wage - skilled labour. its noc 6271 under hair stylist

all feedback would be greatly appreciated
LMIA applications have taking around 15-20 weeks (up to 4 months) for processing (this is the average I've seen here from other people).
The wage needs to meet the prevailing wage, which can be found on Job Bank. The Job Bank ad is the most important one and has to remain advertised until the LMIA decision is made. It also needs to clearly offer a wage that meets the prevailing wage.

I wish you good luck.

mittler83

Sep 23, 2015
LMIA Approved :D :D :D :D :D

Applied- 23rd November
Additional documents request- 10th December
Approved-16th December
NOC- 0114 ( Fraud and Security Manager)
Province - Ontario
High Wage Stream

I was told by HR that we went through the expedited process. They have used a quite famous lawyer firm in Toronto.

Fortunately i am from a Visa exempt country, so I can get the work permit at the POE. I am flying to Toronto by the 2nd of January - Employer is covering for relocation expenses.

Happy Xmas to everyone!

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mittler83 said:

Applied- 23rd November
Approved-16th December
Province - Ontario
High Wage Stream

I was told by HR that we went through the expedited process. They have used a quite famous lawyer firm in Toronto.

Fortunately i am from a Visa exempt country, so I can get the work permit at the POE. I am flying to Toronto by the 2nd of January - Employer is covering for relocation expenses.

Happy Xmas to everyone!

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mittler83 said:

Applied- 23rd November
Approved-16th December
Province - Ontario
High Wage Stream

Happy Xmas to everyone!
Congratulations mutter 83

Was your Lmia 10 days process applications or was it regular 12-16 week process Lmia?

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
LinaD said:
Congratulations mutter 83

Was your Lmia 10 days process applications or was it regular 12-16 week process Lmia?
If you read their timeline, it took less than a month from start to finish.

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mittler83 said:
10 days process application
How did they make sure you were put through ten day processing? My boyfriend's application was eligible but his work I don't know...it's been two weeks since they had to RESEND his application after waiting like 3 months and then SC saying they never received anything