APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED

YIPPEE.........

LMIA approval dated 19th Nov
Hairstylist Calgary.
Interview 18th Nov
Application submitted 10th July

19 weeks waiting

I thought it was St John's but it was actually Edmonton SC
Congratulations!!! Only you know the hard path you've been through. All the best for you and your family in Calgary. By the way, that's where I'm heading if my process goes through.

All the best!

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
brl said:
Congratulations sunshinegirl_x
what's the code no 6271? I couldn't find...
is it a low wage.. if so, are they ESDC ask for accommodation facilities to be provided by the employer? How ur employer tackled it
I am asking these things because all these apply to my case as it is a low wage position early childcare educator 4214.
Nov code is for hair stylist. Low wages high skilled
My employer is now looking for accommodation for me they have to find you reasonable priced accommodation but they don't have to pay for it. I'm lucky that they will pay security deposit and first month. When they secure accommodation I can book flights.
We aiming for mid Jan.

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
My employer is now looking for accommodation for me they have to find you reasonable priced accommodation but they don't have to pay for it. I'm lucky that they will pay security deposit and first month. When they secure accommodation I can book flights.
We aiming for mid Jan.
I live in Calgary and there seems to be a lot of nice places for decent prices right now!

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
SarahNicole said:
I live in Calgary and there seems to be a lot of nice places for decent prices right now!
I have been looking on rentfaster but the list is smaller for furnished accommodation. We are looking around Shawnessy area as that's where I will be working.

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
I have been looking on rentfaster but the list is smaller for furnished accommodation. We are looking around Shawnessy area as that's where I will be working.
You could also try looking on Walkscore and Rentspot. I feel like furnished places are typically in or around downtown but as long as you're close to a train, the commute isn't bad

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Sunshinegirl_X said:
you can also check kijiji and craigslist. have in mind that you cant reply on kijiji if outside canada, so your employer or someone else will have to do that

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
johnny123 said:
you can also check kijiji and craigslist. have in mind that you cant reply on kijiji if outside canada, so your employer or someone else will have to do that
Yeah that's what I thought so it's the regional manager viewing and arranging for us.

Thanks SarahNicole I will have a look.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: LMIA application processing time

Sunshinegirl_x, do you need a visa to enter in Canada? And have you got the work permit?

brl

Jun 7, 2015
Sunshinegirl_X said:
We aiming for mid Jan.

thanks for the prompt reply

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Re: LMIA application processing time

LinaD said:
Sunshinegirl_x, do you need a visa to enter in Canada? And have you got the work permit?
Yes I do need to get a work permit but as I am British I'm lucky that I can get it at POE (port of entry) when I land I just have to have all the correct documents with me.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lucky you! Wish you good luck, and let's hope the best for us.

brl

Jun 7, 2015
Sunshinegirl_X said:
We aiming for mid Jan.
It it a requirement by your employer to provide round trip air fair and was it mentioned in the job offer? thanks...