+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

cannn

Jan 18, 2013
AHLABI said:
I have a question for all out there, My employer is applying my LMIA as Store Supervisor so that I can apply for EE, but he don't know what is the best form of LMIA he need to fill up,LMIA for high or low wage or LMIA for FSWP<FSTP and CEC. this is thenew LMIA form,LMIA for High Skilled is not available now, please reply ASAP please
I don't know the right answer for you,my NOC is under Construction jobs High Skilled
I suggest that he ask some good consultant for that,my was Mr.Milorad Borota and he's very good in this job

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AHLABI said:
I have a question for all out there, My employer is applying my LMIA as Store Supervisor so that I can apply for EE, but he don't know what is the best form of LMIA he need to fill up,LMIA for high or low wage or LMIA for FSWP<FSTP and CEC. this is thenew LMIA form,LMIA for High Skilled is not available now, please reply ASAP please
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

Whether your job is considered high or low wage depends on the median wage for the position in your province (information available through links on the above page).

Store supervisor would be eligible for FSW, and CEC (if you have 1 year of Canadian experience).

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reyban said:
heloo ...i need help and some answer as anybody knows
job application is in job bank till 8 august 2015
my employer send aplications for lmia bc BC mid april
high wage
NOC 7321
today we ask him whats happening with lmia applications and they told us that they had intervened several times but no response
and that there is no indication that it will be approved soon
doese any body knows how long it will be till we got lmia approved because we waiting almost 4 months and why it is so jam
thanks for your answers
hope for the best
No one knows how long it will take. If you read through the thread, some applicants have received an answer relatively fast; others have waited considerably longer.

reyban

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Lammawitch thanx for answer ...one more thing please ...i live in europe so here i can just read and follow things on forums and i heard that there is some stop in bc for all aplications for lmia is that true ?and hows that posibile that my employer intervened several times and no response?dont get that and what is the top waiting time for lmia high wage coz its past 4 months almost that i am waiting ....thanx for answer

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reyban said:
Lammawitch thanx for answer ...one more thing please ...i live in europe so here i can just read and follow things on forums and i heard that there is some stop in bc for all aplications for lmia is that true ?and hows that posibile that my employer intervened several times and no response?dont get that and what is the top waiting time for lmia high wage coz its past 4 months almost that i am waiting ....thanx for answer
I have no idea what the longest wait time might be, sorry (I have seen posters on this forum wait well over 6 months)

There is no "stop" or suspension of LMIA processing that I'm aware of - if there were, you'd read it on the forum, lol.

It's quite possible that your employer has contacted EDSC several times and that there is still no result.

reyban

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Lammawitch thank u werry much on your time and answers...the real thing is that i already get lmia for alberta and visa for 1 year multiply W1, but in time when i was waiting for Visa, there was crIsis with oil in alberta so my employer pull back job offer and started new lmia for BC ...so at first i was happy when i got visa and at the and so disapointed ,,,i hope this lmia will be soon and finally to start live and work in Canada,,,thank you once again on your time
WISH U ALL BEST

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reyban said:
Lammawitch thank u werry much on your time and answers...the real thing is that i already get lmia for alberta and visa for 1 year multiply W1, but in time when i was waiting for Visa, there was crIsis with oil in alberta so my employer pull back job offer and started new lmia for BC ...so at first i was happy when i got visa and at the and so disapointed ,,,i hope this lmia will be soon and finally to start live and work in Canada,,,thank you once again on your time
WISH U ALL BEST
Thank you. I wish you all the best too :).

For future reference (helps new people coming to look for information here), it's always best to post all relevant information in your initial post: it doesn't change my comments in your case, but it helps us to give pertinent advice.

Again, good luck!

reyban

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
For future reference (helps new people coming to look for information here), it's always best to post all relevant information in your initial post: it doesn't change my comments in your case, but it helps us to give pertinent advice.

Again, good luck!

Lammawitch i did i put all relvant informations and he is applying for new application and new lmia ..this for alberta doesent count and i cant do anything with that visa i have ,,,,so that what i ask for bc is relevant,but if u think that my case can further help others ok i will write all
thanks again
pls if u have any new informations pls let me know

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
NOC: 0621
high wage, ab
processing centre: edmonton
app.sent: end of feb
file no: mar 4th
approved: jul 17

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, bad news for me:

Application sent: Jan 19th
File no: Feb 4th
Sent fax: June 2nd
ESDC phoned employer: June 18th - asked for specific date range that was used to calculate the Cap
Interview: July 17
Refusal: July 17

they said there were a few reasons:
1) Wage was not high enough to justify the education requirements (masters degree). She offered to increase my salary but they said no, new application needed
2) Too many job specs for one role, should have been more specific as they saw it as multiple NOC codes
3) we said that my skills were transferable and that I would train other employees - they didn't like that. it implies that I would be there only temporarily
4) the wait time was 6 months +. They said we should have interviewed more ppl by now, and they didn't think there's a need for a TFW.

good luck to the rest of you. I'm about to lose my status now and leave Canada. b/c we waited so long for the LMIA, now we don't have time to consider other options, e.g. PNP. LMIA is a waste of time, and clearly only for very, very high wage highly specialized jobs.

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
@ IrishVan

So sorry to hear that. Just cant fathom why would it take 6 months to come up with those rejection points! I believe in your case it's the first point that resulted in rejection, the rest were 'filler' points. Did you use a consultant or a lawyer to draft your application? Also you mentioned about the cap, does that mean your employer has applied for LMIA before?

basstuk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Lammawitch said:
Which office is processing your work permit application? This will help you determine how long it will take. (Assuming I've understood your question & you already have an approved LMIA?)
My first work permit was IEC, we had LMIA positive and we sent extension work permit (IMM5710, work permit with the same employer) via online to CIC. They received my application on May 14 2015. I have MyCIC account but I dont have any answer.

My lawyer told me, we will received it via mail. I wont go to the border to activate it, but still waiting after two months....

bolton9190

Jul 18, 2015
Hi guys,

Just joined the forum as I'm getting slightly concerned now.
My application for my LMIA was received on the 28th February 2015, I am still awaiting the outcome of this! The issue no is that my permit application which was received on the 12th February 2015 has now been "refused" as the LMIA did not return in time, on August 18th 2015 it will be 90 days from this happening and my family an I will have to leave the country we so love! (This causes heartache as we all, 2 children included absolutely love this country and do not want to return to England)
By the 28th of this month it will be 5 months now waiting, and I haven't been able to work for going on 7 weeks now as it is not allowed by the government. I have kept to this legality by not driving my work truck, not going into my office, not answering work emails, texts or phone calls other than "updates" from my manager which are usually "No news yet i'm afraid".

Any information, be it good or bad would be more helpful than ever know, more so I can plan my families future and decide what steps need to be taken so we're not on the back-foot.

Thanks in advance
Andrew
Is anyone else having the same issue with seriously extended timelines on an LMIA process, my Noc is 2171 I believe however who knows as this has all been done through immigration lawyers who won't give me my file number or any real information.

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
@bolton9190
I hear you. It's always been a long process but since last year after all furore about TFW coming taking away jobs, it's become overtly long. No saying how much time it takes now, it's lucky few who receive the decision within estimated timelines. Its their way of discouraging employers from hiring foreigners.
Having said that, you should be fairly close to decision if your applications has been in since February 28. I would strongly urge you that your lawyers give SC a call and stay on top of this. You should have update every two weeks.

Your location, the nature of your application ( dual intent or work permit) also determines how long your application will take to process.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
I wasnt convinced before but a work colleague of mine who works in the kitchen as a cook just got an approved LMIA, she had a very well connected immigration lawyer who knew the system, so dont give up hope people, it is possible, just make sure your case is iron clad and dont give CIC anything to come at you with because they will refuse it.

Dont make your job role too complex or make the experience needed too high or the wage too high for the role just to try and beat the system, because it wont work.