+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
HI friends,
I applied LMIA on sep/2014 since then no update.
Now i decided to change my job where iam working now. Can I change my company??? Does it cause any problem???

Also could anyone advise me on how much funds i need to maintain in my bank account and do I need to write IELTS???

Thanks

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saracunity said:
HI friends,
I applied LMIA on sep/2014 since then no update.
Now i decided to change my job where iam working now. Can I change my company??? Does it cause any problem???

Also could anyone advise me on how much funds i need to maintain in my bank account and do I need to write IELTS???

Thanks
I thought your employer should be the one that applied LMIA for you .... how can you apply LMIA by yourself ? You can always change job as long as your new job is able to provide you a LMIA so you can get a work permit from that LMIA.

Yuekel

Jun 12, 2013
gysally said:
It's been 2 weeks from interview, and the lady from SC requested few paperworks right away after interview and we sent it off after 2 days, but so far my boss hear nothing from them. Is it normal or my employer has to contact SC for update? Can you please share your thought?
Thanks again!
What kind of paperworks you need to send? mind to share with us ? For the advertisement part, as long as they can find it on the website, do I still need to provide something in paper ? Do you know ?

Sue902

May 25, 2015
Hi guys.
It would be starting my LMIA Processing soon. I wanna know something.
That employer processing of lmia with some person's name few months ago, but if employer wanna change the name is that available ? changing name of the other person's name?
I wanna know detaily, but I can't find out that..anywhere.
So if someone know some information about this, please let me know !
---- It would be better site link ! :)

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
does the employer have to keep the advertisement for 3-6 months,untill he will get answer about LMIA? it means the employer has to pay $599 for monster,$ 595 for workopolis/ month for 3-6 months? is it really true?

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
sandra02 said:
does the employer have to keep the advertisement for 3-6 months,untill he will get answer about LMIA? it means the employer has to pay $599 for monster,$ 595 for workopolis/ month for 3-6 months? is it really true?
Employer has to keep the posting on Job Bank live till decision is made. The other two advertisement have to be up for a period of 4 weeks. Choice of Job boards is not limited to Workopolis or monster, your employer can choose either of them and can pick one or two from free options. Stay away from Kijiji or Craiglist

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
We got approved!!

NOC 7283 Alberta
Applied 15 Sept 2014
Payment & File # 23 Nov 2014 approx
Info Request - transition plan we think 20 Feb 2015
Contract/name added - 31 March approx
Interview - 14 May
Approved - 25 May

Good luck to you all still waiting - wish you a speedy result

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Kiwisteph said:
We got approved!!

NOC 7283 Alberta
Applied 15 Sept 2014
Payment & File # 23 Nov 2014 approx
Info Request - transition plan we think 20 Feb 2015
Contract/name added - 31 March approx
Interview - 14 May
Approved - 25 May

Good luck to you all still waiting - wish you a speedy result

Woohoo!!!!!!! ;D So pleased for you! ours was submitted 18th September so hopefully our turn soon! Are you applying for work permit at POE? Good luck for your future adventure

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Thank you for your answer. What are the free options? if no kijiji or craiglist? are you sure only the job bank has to stay untill the decision will be made?

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Yep will apply at POE then submit everything into express entry pool after that. Waiting to have work permit to skip the proof of funds part of express entry.

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Kiwisteph said:
Yep will apply at POE then submit everything into express entry pool after that. Waiting to have work permit to skip the proof of funds part of express entry.
Excellent. Sounds similar to our plan. Hope the rest of the process runs quickly and smoothly.

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
sandra02 said:
Thank you for your answer. What are the free options? if no kijiji or craiglist? are you sure only the job bank has to stay untill the decision will be made?
No problem, Happy to Help. Indeed dot ca is a good free option, few minutes on Google should throw up a few more. Yes i am sure only Job bank has to stay live until the decision is reached. No harm even if other ads were live past 4 weeks requirement, it will only help strengthen your case.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Thank you Zazen.my husband's employer will put the advertisements on this week.any new information helps a lot.thanks a lot.

zmetak

May 27, 2015
Hey guys,
here's my info:

NOC: 5241 (UX/UI designer)
Service Canada received our LMIA application: January 23, 2015
LMIA file number received: January 27, 2015
Work permit visa expired by: April 21, 2015 (after 2 months of implied status)

430th application for BC this year.
3197th application for Canada this year.

The only info we are getting is that it usually takes 8-10 weeks and then they hang up.
Attempt to expedite our application was refused in less than a day (a very FAST turnaround).

Conclusion:
My friends who file through Express Entry without LMIA got PRs already with their low-skill jobs, I wanted to file in a most bulletproof way possible and it was a mistake. My partner lost her job, our MSP got cancelled. I suggest NO ONE to deal with Service Canada and rather try their luck with Express Entry without LMIA. This process is frustrating and full of lies and bureaucracy.

Anyone could give me their timeline and other info for BC LMIA?

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
zmetak said:
Hey guys,
here's my info:

NOC: 5241 (UX/UI designer)
Service Canada received our LMIA application: January 23, 2015
LMIA file number received: January 27, 2015
Work permit visa expired by: April 21, 2015 (after 2 months of implied status)

430th application for BC this year.
3197th application for Canada this year.

The only info we are getting is that it usually takes 8-10 weeks and then they hang up.
Attempt to expedite our application was refused in less than a day (a very FAST turnaround).

Conclusion:
My friends who file through Express Entry without LMIA got PRs already with their low-skill jobs, I wanted to file in a most bulletproof way possible and it was a mistake. My partner lost her job, our MSP got cancelled. I suggest NO ONE to deal with Service Canada and rather try their luck with Express Entry without LMIA. This process is frustrating and full of lies and bureaucracy.

Anyone could give me their timeline and other info for BC LMIA?
Welcome to the thread. Timelines vary from case to case, some here have got it in less than 3 weeks others like yourselves have waited for 20+ weeks to have theirs approved. There are couple of them from BC in this thread that share your time line ( January and Feb months) Whats your wage rate? Also i was curious how do you know this years LMIA stats?