+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Thanks for the prompt answer.
Just a name and a country.

I thought that they would need some other information, like social number (from my country), or date of birth or something like that.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
runaway982 said:
Thanks for the prompt answer.
Just a name and a country.

I thought that they would need some other information, like social number (from my country), or date of birth or something like that.
The LMIA has little to do with the potential employee. It is about the employer's need to hire a foreign worker because there are no Canadians or PRs interested or qualified. They can even apply for LMIA without identifying a foreign worker and then if approved, add the worker's name after the fact.

Once you have an LMIA you have to apply for a work permit and that's when it becomes more involved on your end.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
The LMIA has little to do with the potential employee. It is about the employer's need to hire a foreign worker because there are no Canadians or PRs interested or qualified. They can even apply for LMIA without identifying a foreign worker and then if approved, add the worker's name after the fact.

Once you have an LMIA you have to apply for a work permit and that's when it becomes more involved on your end.
It just depends upon what type of LMIA you are applying for. For dual intent and Express Entry LMIA all information are required to be filled while filling out LMIA application at the initial stage.

For TFW LMIA potential employee information can be provided before or after approval. You may choose to add name after LMIA approval. However, employer ask enough information from employer to be filled in LMIA when employer identify you to work for him/her.

My employer has applied for TFW LMIA and she has already got copies of most of my documents including work exp certificates, qualification documents and copy of my passport. I think that is more than enough to be filled in the LMIA application.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
I think that is for the Express Entry LMIA. Could you please explain to me what kind of information for the employee are required?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
runaway982 said:
I think that is for the Express Entry LMIA. Could you please explain to me what kind of information for the employee are required?
I would suggest you to google this form and read what information are required to be filled.

You will be able to see what your employer might have filled in the form.

LMIA Application Form (EMP5593).

Vidjda

May 9, 2015
My employer wants to get LMIA for me so I can try to get work permit. I'm currently in Canada for last 9 months on working holiday open permit.
If I understand correctly he needs to fill out EMP5593 form and pay non refund fee. Is there anything else that he needs to add from documents and paper work?
Also does anyone have any advice when filling out that form - especially in regarding to other candidates or what could be a good reason to hire me? I have all qualifications for this work but how to improve my chance? Is it beneficiary to explain that I already am doing this job and have 9 months of experience in this company. Also my employer just hired 3 more Canadian people for same position so can he use those information as advantage or is that disadvantage as I guess that means there are people here to fill my spot :). Any advice would help.

Thank you all

gysally

Mar 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015
Hey Guys,

Anyone knows that how SC send the result of LMIA? By fax, email, or mail??
Thank you!

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
gysally said:
Hey Guys,

Anyone knows that how SC send the result of LMIA? By fax, email, or mail??
Thank you!
Notification by email or call and the the actual paper through mail. Takes 5 business days to get it from the day of the result

gysally

Mar 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015
prashanthbv said:
Notification by email or call and the the actual paper through mail. Takes 5 business days to get it from the day of the result

It's been 2 weeks from interview, and the lady from SC requested few paperworks right away after interview and we sent it off after 2 days, but so far my boss hear nothing from them. Is it normal or my employer has to contact SC for update? Can you please share your thought?
Thanks again!

Yuekel

Jun 12, 2013
Just wondering that, anyone who received the POSITIVE LETTER without any phone interviewed by the officer ? anyone ?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vidjda said:
My employer wants to get LMIA for me so I can try to get work permit. I'm currently in Canada for last 9 months on working holiday open permit.
If I understand correctly he needs to fill out EMP5593 form and pay non refund fee. Is there anything else that he needs to add from documents and paper work?
Also does anyone have any advice when filling out that form - especially in regarding to other candidates or what could be a good reason to hire me? I have all qualifications for this work but how to improve my chance? Is it beneficiary to explain that I already am doing this job and have 9 months of experience in this company. Also my employer just hired 3 more Canadian people for same position so can he use those information as advantage or is that disadvantage as I guess that means there are people here to fill my spot :). Any advice would help.

Thank you all
See bolded: the documentary requirements vary depending on job/LMIA categories. I suggest both you and your employer have a good read here:
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/reform/info_emp.shtml

The fact that he's just employed 3 Canadians for the same position *might* suggest that you are at a disadvantage, IMO.

Good luck!

ishaan2600

May 11, 2015
Applied LMIA application with same employer for server category
on NOV 6 2014

file went to 3 different people for assesing

Rejected On 8th May 2015

Reason of refusal : not spent too much efforts to hire canadian Or PR

province, Edmonton AB.

Waited 6months For NO

ishaan2600

May 11, 2015
NOC 6513

i think basically dont want low skilled people.

they also stated that I have Hospitality Management degree and 3 years experience. And the Server category requires no skill and no minimum eductaion,
So i am more educated for the job. I mean WTF, I had same degree when i had work permit issued for same employer 2 years ago. Now all of sudden im over qualified. they used me for 3 years and just left me for nowhere.