+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
prashanthbv said:
WOhoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! LMIA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the second time my employer applied. 1st time it was rejected due to improper documentation by an idiot lawyer

Second time timeline
NOC - 5241 , Position - 3D Animator , Above median wage
Submitted Mar-10
File Number - Mar 19
April 16 - Questions
April 17 - Approved
Congrats!! So fast 2nd time around!!

We're still waiting from Sept :(
They've asked for name and contract so we're hoping that means yes but not 100% sure.
Their 7-10days for that process has passed again ! So waiting waiting waiting

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Congratulations, Im not surprised your LMIA was processed quickly as your NOC is in the skilled Trades list they are wanting in the EE system.
When are you heading out to Canada? Im still in first week of advertising so I have a long wait yet. As a skilled worker I dont think I will be as LUcky as you on a quick LMIA.
My employer is going to apply for me, you know what are the documents required.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
prashanthbv said:

This is the second time my employer applied. 1st time it was rejected due to improper documentation by an idiot lawyer

Second time timeline
Submitted Mar-10
File Number - Mar 19
April 16 - Questions
April 17 - Approved
Congrats, prashanthbv!

Kalwar

Mar 6, 2015
prashanthbv said:

Second time timeline
Submitted Mar-10
File Number - Mar 19
April 16 - Questions
April 17 - Approved
Congratulations!!

amandeep256

Apr 15, 2015
canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 DEC 2015
AOR Received.
18 DEC 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
I feel you have misrepresented SC and that even after receiving a LMIA all be it after an excessive wait time your attitude is one of ingratitude. Your wage does not need to be above the median. Median wage is used to determine skill level and if below the median you will be placed in the low wage category which does not require a transition plan but instead is subject to a CAP on the number of TFWs. Please be careful before you post incorrect information.

Being below the median wage does not guarantee rejection and your application did not require a transition plan according to the link below.
just want to make sure transition plan is also not required for dual intent lmia ???

tappu440

Feb 20, 2015
Hi
Can any one please help me with my situation
my lmia was applied on Nov 7 2014
got the file number and waiting since 6 months
my work permit expired and I was working in implied status for the past three months. Even the implied status was finished and got an email from CIC saying that i should stop working because they cannot approve my WP as there is not supporting document from service canada regarding my LMIA.
what should i do to get my status restore?
please
any answer will be appreciable
Thank you

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
tappu440 said:
Hi
Can any one please help me with my situation
my lmia was applied on Nov 7 2014
got the file number and waiting since 6 months
my work permit expired and I was working in implied status for the past three months. Even the implied status was finished and got an email from CIC saying that i should stop working because they cannot approve my WP as there is not supporting document from service canada regarding my LMIA.
what should i do to get my status restore?
please
any answer will be appreciable
Thank you
As stated in the letter from CIC, you need to stop working. Change your status to visitor and await the LMIA results. When you receive a positive LMIA then you can apply for a new work permit.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Maaftgbkum said:
Hi butterfly
I have applied for lmia in dec and got file no . Now how long I have to wait for that.do u have any idea?

It's hard to say because timelines vary widely. Having said that, if you received the file no. in Dec you should be close to the finish line. Your employer should call SC to ensure everything is in order with the application.

gysally

Mar 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015
My employer missed the call from EDSC twice, wondering that if SC will call us again...
There was no one picking up the phone when my employer phoned them back. Anyone has the similar experience?
My patience is almost running out...

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
gysally said:
My employer missed the call from EDSC twice, wondering that if SC will call us again...
There was no one picking up the phone when my employer phoned them back. Anyone has the similar experience?
My patience is almost running out...
Keep trying and leave a message if possible stating that your are returning a call etc.....

gysally

Mar 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015
ButterflyChemist said:
Keep trying and leave a message if possible stating that your are returning a call etc.....
Thanks for your reply butterflychemist. will keep trying..
My employer actually has tried few time and left voice messages. I just can't understand how come there's no one answer the phone whenever you called.