Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
AB6211 said:
Hello everyone,
My employer applied for LMIA (NOC 6211)in oct 2014. SC charged him in dec 2014. After that they keep asking him additional documents. But no response yet. I wasn't expecting it to take that long. Has anyone applied for the same NOC ??
Hi where did you applied and what category?

can you please share

Ambervy

Sep 25, 2013
Hi my boss mailed application march 8th and we got file # at the beginning of April. Wonder if anyone know when roughly they will call for interview and what kind of question they normally ask?

It's a high skilled position. Financial assistant.

Thanks

Ambervy

Sep 25, 2013
What is the 'right' answer to the question "do you have a candidate in your mind already?" when they call for interview?

It's really a tricky one. Please offer some help here :'(

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Approved! After 6 months!

Province: BC
NOC code: 2173 'Software engineers and designers'
October 23, 2014: application sent by post (not exactly, from what my employer told me)
November 4, 2014: file number issued
February 13, 2015: asked to redo Transition Plan
April 9, 2015: interview and asked for advertisements
April 13, 2015: LMIA approved

I am really surprised that it was approved. I expected that it would be rejected. I’ll explain.
My boss hired incompetent consultant who delivered very weak application: wage below median (significantly lower), advertisements not online, transition plan messed up.
I read people here get rejections just for having one of these issues and I had 3 simultaneously.
However, somehow Service Canada still approved it. And it makes no sense because it contradicts their own requirements. They write on the website that if wage is below median application will be rejected. Well it’s below median and they approve it. They write that advertisements should be online all the time till application is processed. Well, they are offline long time ago and they still approve it. They advertise that processing time is 2 months and then it takes them 6 months to process application. Seems like rules do not exist for SC.
Service Canada is unpredictable and it makes them dangerous. I would prefer if they were adhering to their own rules but were issuing decisions within 2 months.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
tidelander said:
Approved! After 6 months!

Province: BC
NOC code: 2173 'Software engineers and designers'
October 23, 2014: application sent by post (not exactly, from what my employer told me)
November 4, 2014: file number issued
February 13, 2015: asked to redo Transition Plan
April 9, 2015: interview and asked for advertisements
April 13, 2015: LMIA approved

I am really surprised that it was approved. I expected that it would be rejected. I'll explain.
My boss hired incompetent consultant who delivered very weak application: wage below median (significantly lower), advertisements not online, transition plan messed up.
I read people here get rejections just for having one of these issues and I had 3 simultaneously.
However, somehow Service Canada still approved it. And it makes no sense because it contradicts their own requirements. They write on the website that if wage is below median application will be rejected. Well it's below median and they approve it. They write that advertisements should be online all the time till application is processed. Well, they are offline long time ago and they still approve it. They advertise that processing time is 2 months and then it takes them 6 months to process application. Seems like rules do not exist for SC.
Service Canada is unpredictable and it makes them dangerous. I would prefer if they were adhering to their own rules but were issuing decisions within 2 months.
I feel you have misrepresented SC and that even after receiving a LMIA all be it after an excessive wait time your attitude is one of ingratitude. Your wage does not need to be above the median. Median wage is used to determine skill level and if below the median you will be placed in the low wage category which does not require a transition plan but instead is subject to a CAP on the number of TFWs. Please be careful before you post incorrect information.

Being below the median wage does not guarantee rejection and your application did not require a transition plan according to the link below.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lower_skilled/index.shtml

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think I did not make myself clear. My wage falls above provincial medium wage. However, it is below prevailing wage for my NOC 2173.
Point is that SC web site says (link => http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/general/index.shtml):

Employers offering a wage that is below the prevailing wage rate will be considered as not meeting the labour market factor for the assessment of wages and therefore, will be issued a negative LMIA.
My wage was significantly lower then prevailing wage rate for my NOC code. According to SC website LMIA should have been negative.

Regarding not being grateful. Because of excessive processing time my work permit got expired and now I need to restore my status. I cannot do 'flag polling' because I need temporary resident visa to enter Canada. Restoration will take another 5 months.
Moreover, I've already applied for PR under EE withour LMIA. I will get work permit in 5 months or PR in 6 months.
I really needed this LMIA last fall and winter when my initial work permit was still valid. In current conditions I don't see how I can benefit from it.

AB6211

Apr 14, 2015
akhil5293 said:
Hi where did you applied and what category?

can you please share
I applied from a gas station in AB and its a low wage category(15/hr)
Median wage is 18/hr for retail sales supervisor(6211)

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AB6211 said:
I applied from a gas station in AB and its a low wage category(15/hr)
Median wage is 18/hr for retail sales supervisor(6211)
Applied for Food Service Supervisor (6212) in Manitoba. Wages $13 Median wage.

Waiting since 1st September.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
gerelec said:
Hi everyone,

my employee got the LMIA.

Dual intent LMIA
Province: Alberta
NOC: 7242 Industrial Electrician
Applied: 2015-03-16
File number issued: 2015-03-23
Positive LMIA: 2015-04-13
Congratulations, Im not surprised your LMIA was processed quickly as your NOC is in the skilled Trades list they are wanting in the EE system.
When are you heading out to Canada? Im still in first week of advertising so I have a long wait yet. As a skilled worker I dont think I will be as LUcky as you on a quick LMIA.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
WOhoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! LMIA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the second time my employer applied. 1st time it was rejected due to improper documentation by an idiot lawyer

Second time timeline
NOC - 5241 , Position - 3D Animator , Above median wage
Submitted Mar-10
File Number - Mar 19
April 16 - Questions
April 17 - Approved

Dan_TB

Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23-05-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon...
LANDED..........
coming soon...
prashanthbv said:

This is the second time my employer applied. 1st time it was rejected due to improper documentation by an idiot lawyer

Second time timeline
Submitted Mar-10
File Number - Mar 19
April 16 - Questions
April 17 - Approved
Congratulation!!!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
prashanthbv said:

Second time timeline
Submitted Mar-10
File Number - Mar 19
April 16 - Questions
April 17 - Approved
Great news! Congrats dear

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa